My first team (RU)

This is my first team ever. I want to say that my english isn't that great, so don't hate please. This is also my first RMT as you maybe understand, so I am not that great at making them. Changes = Red
Team building:
I started up with one of my favourite pokes: Feraligatr. I started to build a core around him, and some supporters, as well as an other sweeper to help him out. I do not post the hole teambuilding, because it has been changing alot. I felt like the team I have now is a really decent team.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
Nature: Bold
EV's:252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Yawn
-Lava Plume

Description: My good bulky lead. Torkoal is a really decent supporter, at least in RU. With the abillity to set up hazards and remove them is great. You may ask yourself: Why not use Claydol, he is better at hazards? Well if i would have used Claydol, my team would have gotten something I really not need, another Bug weakness. Yawn is really important on this set, as pokes usually try to set up on Torkoal. Lava plume is also a decent supporting move, as it has a higher chance of burning than Flamethrower.

Synergy:
Ground: Cresselia, Honchkrow
Water: Gastrodon (benefit), Feraligatr
Rock: N/A

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Heal Bell
-Knock Off

Man. This thing can wall almost any sweeper in RU on the Sp.Def side. The only Sp.Attacker that has made a little trouble for it, has been Alakazam, but he is easy taken out be my other guys. She and Cress is perfect teamates. It is a really good cleric on this team too. It does not however have Wish to heal up other guys, but it had Knock Off as a support move.

Synergy:
Fight: Cresselia

Cresselia@Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Bold
EV's:252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
-Moonlight
-Thunder Wave
-Toxic
-Psychic

Description: Yes, a dual status Cress. She is probably the best wall in RU, and she really works. Dual status: T-wave sweepers, Toxic walls. Psychic is for not getting Taunted (Help me with the right word?) and also for speeding up stalls. Levitate is great, as it can give me free switch in from a poke that threatens Torkoal. She works as a status spreader and a great Physical wall.

Synergy:
Bug: Torkoal
Dark: Honchkrow
Ghost: Honchkrow, Clefable

Gastrodon@Leftovers
Ability:Storm Drain
Nature:Calm
EV's:212 HP/ 112 Def/ 184 Sp.def
Moveset:
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Toxic

Description: Gastro is really good in RU. I gave him a bigger boost in SDef, just because I already have two Def walls/tanks. Moveset isn't much to talk about. Ice Beam is mainly there to stop Grass switch ins. His ability also is great, as when I lead with Torkoal, and I predict a water move, Gastro gets a nice SpAtt boost. Gastro is all around really good.

Synergy:
Grass: Torkoal, Honchkrow

Feraligatr@Lum Berry
Ability:Torrent (will be switched out)
Nature:Jolly
EV's:4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch

Description: My man, or my sweeper of choise. I really like Gyarados "little brother" and I mainly like the two things that Gatr has, and Gyrara, don't. Aqua Jet, and Swords Dance. STAB Priority is never a bad idea. Swords Dance boost his power, and Waterfall is for every thing slower. Ice Punch is there for coverage to Grass types. I run Lum Berry, because people often try to Para/Burn him when he enter the arena or when I start setting up.

Synergy:
Grass: Torkoal, Honckrow
Electric: Gastrodon

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 Attack/ 4 Spdef 252 Speed
Moveset:
-Sucker Punch
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Taunt

Description: Krow is the other sweeper on this team. He often just come on once, because of recoil, but when he is in the battlefield, he destroys a lot of things. The Moxie set, was even better than the set i had before. I switched it in for free, go for a Brave Bird that almost kills for sure, get the Moxie boost, and from there use Sucker Punch. Krow, I just love you.

Synergy:
Electric: Gastrodon
Ice: Torkoal, Feraligatr

Threats:
Offensive:

Venumoth: I have 2 weekneses and only one resist to his main STAB. Sleep power is no good, and if Torkoal is put asleep, I have nothing to force a switch. He sets up and game over.

Yanmega: Still the Bug weakness bites me. He is also so fast, and the only real counter is Honchkrow with Sucker punch.

Defensive:

Clefable: Can't toxic it, only ONE super effective move on it. Torkoal can get it to sleep, but not if he is already dead.

I think that was everything. I hoped you liked this RMT, and please don't go so hard on me, I am a n00b, I already now that. I am open for feedback, and it would have been nice, if someone told me how to add pictures. And if I wrote many mistakes, it is probably because english isn't my main language.

24 hour bump.... Can't anyone respond please? I have actually put a little effort to the team, so I would apriciate some feedback. An BTW can anyone tell me how to add pictures?

You just copy and paste a picture from somewhere on the web. I looked at your synergy and realized you had no rock, flying, or poison resistance, as well as a bug problem. Rhyperior should deal with both.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Adament/Jolly
EVs: 64hp/252atk/194spd
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Auqua Tail/Megahorn
-Rock Polish

I havn't played much RU, so I don't know what's common. Depending as to what's common use either Auqua Tail or Megahorn. Hope this helped.

Rhyperior pic thanks to Aargornbird on Arkeis.

But where shall I add him? All of my guys work good together, so if i should add him, I really need help to find out what i have to remove.....

And Copy/pasting doesn't work...

Right click the picture, copy the URL and then while editing your post, press a symbol that looks like a picture and paste the URL there. Should work.

Thanks, but any opinion out there on which poke I should remove for Rhyperior? If I remove Leafeon I will lose the best counter to water pokemon, get another 4x weakness to grass, and one to water. If i remove Cress, I loose my best wall, if I remove Torkoal i loose Rocks, Sleeping move and a resist to bug, if Gastro disapears, I lose one great wall and a water immunity, and if Honchkrow is removed, then I lose priority and a super effective move on Clefable. I'm in a pinch. :/

Either I'm missing something, or Torkoal's DW ability is unreleased. Change the ability to White Smoke, or change the tag to Dream World.

If you really want rhyperior, then maybe you should get rid of Feraligatr. It's the only spot suitable for it and I think you wouldn't need to worry about setting up. Rhyperior hits like a tank anyway. Plus he gets solid rock to help reduce super effective moves by half.

Either I'm missing something, or Torkoal's DW ability is unreleased. Change the ability to White Smoke, or change the tag to Dream World.
Done

If you really want rhyperior, then maybe you should get rid of Feraligatr. It's the only spot suitable for it and I think you wouldn't need to worry about setting up. Rhyperior hits like a tank anyway. Plus he gets solid rock to help reduce super effective moves by half.
OK, but the point of the team was actually to use Feraligatr, because it is my favourite poke..... Should I really remove it? It also has priority, something that is really useful.... I understand it might be nesesary, but.....

And BTW do anyone see any threats that I have missed?

I am now testing two new guys on this team. One of them is the Rhyperior fatsnorlax sugested an the other one is something to deal with bugs better.

Hi, I just have a few suggestions for your team!

Protect is a good move to consider on Torkoal if you can find another Stealth Rock setter as it helps him sleep something easier and greatly helps with scouting. No other spinner in the tier has such a great disruptive movepool in Yawn and Lava Plume so he's a good choice, although Claydol or Sandslash may be better at outright spinning duties so it's an important consideration.

Cresselia should be a physical wall, its type and ability mean it has no trouble coming in on powerful Close Combats or Earthquakes so it would perform a lot better as a physical wall. You can try Ice Beam over Toxic or Psychic to punish Ground types immune to Thunder Wave. Reflect is also an option over Toxic to make it practically invincible on the physical side and also support the team. Its weaknesses to Bug, Ghost and Dark really doesn't help it wall on the special side so definitely change it to a defensive wall.

Gastrodon should be specially defensive! Its typing and ability help it wall nearly every special attacker that is not Grass type and his stats are more beefy on the special side. You can consider Ice Beam over Scald to hit any Grass type on the switch-in although Toxic should nail them just fine so it's up to you.

Leafeon is an interesting cleric, it threatens out a lot of Pokemon with its Attack stat but I would think Lickilicky, Clefable or Audino would be better in this role because they have much better defensive stats and more useful abilities. They also have less weaknesses to help them come in easily and also have much better synergy with Cresselia. I think you should try out one of the specially defensive normal type clerics.

As for your sweepers, Honchkrow is a great wall breaker and the set is good. However there's nothing on your team that needs it really so I would suggest a different set:

Honchkrow (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

This is a sweeping set that comes in on a weakened Pokemon to try to get an easy Moxie boost. After that it will hit very hard and Sucker Punch lets you sweep faster enemies while getting more and more powerful. Taunt eases Sucker Punch prediction and completely shuts down walls; it is useful in this Tier because not a lot of dedicated walls can damage Honchkrow much, especially with Roost on your side. I think this set will greatly benefit your team because it is built to be a game-ending sweeper and the way your core is built to whittle down the enemy will help it a lot. Taunt is also just a useful move to have as stall is almost completely shut down when Honchkrow is out. Drapion is another Pokemon to consider in this slot as it also has Taunt and has good speed and an awesome SD set.

I would change Swords Dance to Dragon Dance on Feraligatr. This gives you a much more reliable sweeper because he can boost himself to outspeed most threats while still hitting hard. With the speed boost from Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet is not needed and can be replaced with Superpower. This let's you get past Ferroseed who would stop the SD set while giving you useful neutral coverage.

Hi, I just have a few suggestions for your team!

Protect is a good move to consider on Torkoal if you can find another Stealth Rock setter as it helps him sleep something easier and greatly helps with scouting. No other spinner in the tier has such a great disruptive movepool in Yawn and Lava Plume so he's a good choice, although Claydol or Sandslash may be better at outright spinning duties so it's an important consideration.

Cresselia should be a physical wall, its type and ability mean it has no trouble coming in on powerful Close Combats or Earthquakes so it would perform a lot better as a physical wall. You can try Ice Beam over Toxic or Psychic to punish Ground types immune to Thunder Wave. Reflect is also an option over Toxic to make it practically invincible on the physical side and also support the team. Its weaknesses to Bug, Ghost and Dark really doesn't help it wall on the special side so definitely change it to a defensive wall.

Gastrodon should be specially defensive! Its typing and ability help it wall nearly every special attacker that is not Grass type and his stats are more beefy on the special side. You can consider Ice Beam over Scald to hit any Grass type on the switch-in although Toxic should nail them just fine so it's up to you.

Leafeon is an interesting cleric, it threatens out a lot of Pokemon with its Attack stat but I would think Lickilicky, Clefable or Audino would be better in this role because they have much better defensive stats and more useful abilities. They also have less weaknesses to help them come in easily and also have much better synergy with Cresselia. I think you should try out one of the specially defensive normal type clerics.

As for your sweepers, Honchkrow is a great wall breaker and the set is good. However there's nothing on your team that needs it really so I would suggest a different set:

Honchkrow (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

This is a sweeping set that comes in on a weakened Pokemon to try to get an easy Moxie boost. After that it will hit very hard and Sucker Punch lets you sweep faster enemies while getting more and more powerful. Taunt eases Sucker Punch prediction and completely shuts down walls; it is useful in this Tier because not a lot of dedicated walls can damage Honchkrow much, especially with Roost on your side. I think this set will greatly benefit your team because it is built to be a game-ending sweeper and the way your core is built to whittle down the enemy will help it a lot. Taunt is also just a useful move to have as stall is almost completely shut down when Honchkrow is out. Drapion is another Pokemon to consider in this slot as it also has Taunt and has good speed and an awesome SD set.

I would change Swords Dance to Dragon Dance on Feraligatr. This gives you a much more reliable sweeper because he can boost himself to outspeed most threats while still hitting hard. With the speed boost from Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet is not needed and can be replaced with Superpower. This let's you get past Ferroseed who would stop the SD set while giving you useful neutral coverage.

Thank you for supporting!

Torkoal: I have actually tried Protect on him in the start of testing this team, too bad that i found the Stealth Rock set better.

Cresselia: I have now switched it to testing it on Smogon PO. I will keep toxic, as it has saved me a lot of times, due to Stalling with another wall in the end (I only have one sweeper for the moment).

Gastrodon: Thank you! This was something i needed. I had just given it a little more Special Defence, and it became even better! Ice Beam will be tried over Scald for the moment, put I havent met that many Grass Types in the RU, considering that there is actually some good Grass types down there. With spe.def invested, Yanmega isn't that much of a threat, cause I only take little under half from it attacks. With Lefties, I will be able to stall it out.

Leafeon: I will test out Clefable.

Honchkrow: Moxie will be tried out, but if it doesn't work, Insomnia is still a great ability, that give me switchins on pokes as Venumouth and Lilligant.

Feraligatr: He is now out of the team for a moment, testing a Rhyperior, and a Dusknoir. Rhyperior didn't work well at all, but Dusknoir is doin alright.

I have chosen to take Clefable in on the team, and remove Leafeon. Gastro has now become Sp.Def oriented, and Cress Def. I still havent found any good set up sweepers, so I will test the DD Feraligatr set i did get. I will accept ANY set up sweepers for testing, if you got a set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)