my first team. sunny day!

alright, this is my first team, and i put a lot of time into it. however, i've seen some problems and need help.

starter!
Bronzong
EVS: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Spe Def
Jolly/Heatproof/Lum Berry
Sunny Day/Stealth Rock/Explosion/Earthquake

It's almost guaranteed to get a Sunny Day up and heatproof/earthquake can confuse a lot of fires that want to get rid of it.

Exeggutor
EVS: 4 HP/252 Spe/252 Spe Att
Hasty/Chlorophyll/Leftovers
Solar Beam/Sleep Powder/Psychic/HP Ice

Sleep Powder because it's amazing, Solar Beam without charge under sun, Psychic for fightings, and HP Ice for the annoying dragon/flying types.

Shiftry
EVS: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
Jolly/Chlorophyll/Choice Band
Grass Knot/Explosion/Sunny Day/Synthesis

If exeggutor was my special attack sweeper, this is definitely my attack sweeper. Grass Knot with these high attack evs and choice band can do a lot of damage, and I think can OHKO tyranitar and hippowdon, who get rid of my sun. I can switch him out and heal him up or something too, or call in the sun.

Breloom
EVS: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Spe
Jolly/Poison Heal/Toxic Orb
Spore/Substitute/Leech Seed/Focus Punch

I'm using a really annoying Breloom. He kind of acts like a physical wall, and outspeeds most people for spore. He subs up while they're asleep and seeds them too. Spore/Sub/Focus Punch after that. Generally works. Focus Punch is for clefables or something. Just capitalizing on his high attack stat, even though I don't give it evs.

Houndoom
EVS: 4 HP/252 Spe Att/252 Spe
Timid/Flash Fire/Focus Sash
Nasty Plot/HP Electric/Flamethrower/Dark Pulse

This guy Nasty Plots up when he's summoned and is guaranteed a hit. Then, he attempts to sweep. Flash Fire/Sun give him STAB for flamethrower, and with plot/his spe att evs, he could attempt to sweep.

Claydol
EVS: 252 HP/80 Def/176 Spe Def
Impish/Levitate/Heat Rock
Rapid Spin/Reflect/Light Screen/Sunny Day

He's my purely support claydol. When I predict a ground type attack, I send him in. Actually, when I predict any real heavy attack, he goes in and takes it nicely. Rapid Spin for rocks/spikes, reflect/light screen to help my team (most don't really have def/spe def evs), and sunny day/heat rock for a nice replenish.

So tell me what you think! I'd like some criticisms. I know it's not a perfect team.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You need to expand most of your descriptions, especially Bronzong and Exeggutor or I'll have to lock this thread.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shiftry has Choice Band as an item, and Synthesis as a move ? [And also has Sunny Day]

It's bad, either give him Life Orb or just remove him from your team.

Use a fast lead, as Bronzong screams 'I'M A TAUNT BAIT', and Azelf lead would be decent.

Azelf @ Heat Rock
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def [or 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def]
Timid
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

This set ensures setting up Sunny Day unless the opposite lead is faster and Taunted Azelf, Jirachi can also work as a lead, but it would be bad in a Sunny Day team.

If you're keeping the Bronzong lead, why give it Lum Berry ? It doesn't really mind status, Burn won't cripple him as he's not a sweeper, using a Paralyzing move on an already slow Pokemon is redundant, and it's not affected by Poison, unless you have it for Lead Machamp confusion hax, use Heat Rock instead.

Your team also needs reliable Sunny Day users, Pokemon like Zapdos can be used over Shiftry or Breloom, maybe even Claydol if you're ready to give up Spin support.

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Heat Rock
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic / Roar
- Roost
- Sunny Day

While being very weak to Tyranitar (gets OHKO'd by Stone Edge if SR is in play, if it's not, Sandstorm will get Zapdos.), it can be a good Sunny Day set-up and a good physical tank.

While i really hate ScarfGon because everyone uses it and it's so predictable, it might actually work well on this team to revenge ScarfTar.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- U-Turn

Pretty much takes care of weakened Tyranitar.

okay, i'm going to say what i did, and then expand on some of the descriptions.

i changed my lead to azelf. in fact, i did exactly what arikado recommended. 252 spe/252 hp/4 def/timid/heat rock
sunny day/taunt/stealth rock/fire blast

what i will be using this pokemon for is a fast but relatively bulky lead, with its maxed hp evs. i'll be able to get rocks up, and probably won't get OHKOed from the lead. then i'll set up sunny day or taunt. the order i do all this will depend on the actual lead pokemon, seeing as i'll have more or less time with the azelf depending if i'll get killed or not.

the exeggutor i didn't do anything to. it's my super fast under the sun special attacnk sweeper. with his diverse move pool, he can take out multiple enemies that can pose a threat. with sleep powder, he can give himself time to 2HKO or switch out. hp ice can take out those pesky flying/dragon types, and i've seen it OHKO a dragonite nicely. STAB solar beam with max spe att evs should be able to take out a tyranitar. i'm not sure if a max speed scarfed tyranitar is faster than this thing under the sun, but i think i outrun it. finally, i use psychic against fighting types, as a machamp would and has obliterated my team.

next, i got rid of shiftry. i never really got to use shiftry to his full potential, and i didn't particularly want him anymore. i put in a zapdos to use as a physical tank.
248 hp/228 def/32 spe/bold/leftovers
roar/roost/sunny day/thunderbolt
i gave it sunny day as it'll consistently replenish. likewise, i gave it roost to use multiple times and to continue sunny daying if the battle is prolonged. roar is to get rid of a tyranitar or something that'll wreck it, so i can switch in exeggutor to take care of it. likewise, with its massive base special attack stat, thunderbolt is so it's not completely useless attack wise, and can get rid of things.

breloom i kept completely the same. though it's not chlorophyll, its toxic barb/poison heal has kept it alive for quite the long time. i use him as my resident jerk off. as in, he can take a hit, even if he's not first to hit. he spores my enemy to sleep AND regains 1/8 hp to possibly give him another hit. while the enemy is asleep, he subs up, and then jams spore so the enemy stays asleep. then he seeds up. he can be a good stall/wall and can be seen sweeping the team himself.

now that bronzong is gone, houndoom is my resident take out fire guy. he has flash fire so fire is useless, and has a focus scarf so he's guaranteed to plot up. then, he attempts to sweep. flamethrower/STAB dark pulse/and hp electric gives him a rather diverse move pool to take out many enemies.

finally, my support claydol. he stayed exactly the same. mainly, he provides the walls to give my team some defense, a heat rocked sunny day for many turns of sunny goodness, and rapid spin, as stealth rock has beaten me before. i'm debating keeping him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)