1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My ideas (V. 2)

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by zombachu, Oct 23, 2011.

1. zombachu

zombachu

An arcade room would be nice... Also, in the User CP, it would be nice for it to also show how many discussions there is in a subscribed group.
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Arcade Room meaning?

And it's impossible to measure how much discussions are taking place in a thread, at any given time, without a competent user reading it.
  3. zombachu

zombachu

An arcade room with online games. And I'm not sure what you mean by the threads thing. I mean like subscribed social groups. If it can tell you how many posts there is, I'm pretty sure someone can program it so that it can find how many discussions there is. I'm getting tired of going to the social group list to find out.
  4. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

You want online games, go somewhere else. Smogon is for competitive Pokemon, not for administrators to add whatever they please, or to add something like a "arcade room".

Also, I fail to understand what you mean wi your discussions suggestions. Explain, please.
  5. zombachu

zombachu

If you go here, you can see messages, discussions, and members. But if you go here and you have subscribed to a group, you will only see messages and posts.
  6. NixHex

NixHex musty_yugoslavian_teacher
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

You can subscribe to whatever social group you have access to and it will update you whenever a discussion is posted / updated. I think that's what you mean?
  7. zombachu

zombachu

No, it shows only the message count in User CP, but I wish that they add the discussion count to it too.
  8. NixHex

NixHex musty_yugoslavian_teacher
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Most social groups have only 2 or 3 pages of discussions, so simply looking at a group you're interested in and counting will give you the answer you want. I'm sure vB isn't that hard to configure or to add custom code to do such a thing but it's so utterly trivial and you're the only person who has brought this up ... no admin will take their time to impliment this.
  9. zombachu

zombachu

Oh, well. It was worth a shot. But let's wait until Haunter or someone locks this before tis discussion is dropped.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)