My Kitchen Table » Ainsley Harriott: 100 Great Chicken Recipes

Introduction
Hello everyone, my name is New Breed and today I’m presenting a decently successful team that I have had for the past 3 months or so. Okay so this team was built during the latter stages of the Snover suspect test which at the time had created a metagame that was almost solely revolving around hail stall. So I decided to build this team to use in the RU Open but after going out early due to some unfortunate circumstances I passed this team onto a few of my boys Blunder and Wepwn who both used it as a staple team to reach the Semi Finals and Finals respectively. Dice also managed to defeat Heist in the Semis with this team which brought the overall record of this team in the slam to something like 10-1. The team was created with the initial intention of aiming for a Klinklang sweep and while that definitely does happen in a lot of the matches there a plenty of other win conditions with every other Pokemon bar Smeargle being capable of doing major damage to various teams. Druddigon is used to lure out various Klinklang checks and counters such as Steelix, Escavalier and Tangrowth and do major damage to them, couple that with the pressure of hazards, Specs Rotom-N and OTR Slowking it becomes fairly easy for teams to get overwhelmed and swept. I decided to post this team since almost everyone knows about it already and it doesn’t really have any surprise factor anymore so enjoy!

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Honestly Smeargle is probably the most expendable member on the team and really only occupies this slot because of it’s ability to gain early game momentum. Against any decent player it’s never getting max hazards but I’m happy to settle with getting up SR early and maybe putting something to sleep, with anything more than that a bonus. I will often use Smeargle as fodder once it’s job is done which is always handy to have on an offensive team. The moveset is standard with Stealth Rock, Spikes and Spore pretty self-explanatory, Whirlwind is used in the last slot to stop Pokemon from setting up or trying to get a free Substitute. But yeah tbh Smeargle could be replaced with almost any hazard setter as Spikes are definitely not 100% needed, you could even fit SR on Druddigon over Sucker Punch and add a lead spiker or even a completely different Pokemon.

Slowking (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

OTR Slowking has been one of my favourite RU Pokemon for easily over a year now and is pretty important member for the team. Slowking acts as the teams bulky pivot and also as a secondary late game sweeper should Klinklang for whatever reason fail to sweep. Slowking is also my main check to many Fire and Fighting types in the tier and synergizes extremely well with Druddigon. The moveset is pretty much the standard OTR set, Surf hits anything that doesn’t resist it extremely hard, Fire Blast destroys common switch-in’s into Slowking such as Tangrowth, Sceptile and Rotom-C and Psychock nails Cryogonal, Poliwrath and Qwilfish as well as many other Fighting types for massive damage. I have considered changing Slowking to Choice Specs but adding a third Choice user isn’t something im too keen on but I guess it could work.

Druddigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

Ah Mixed Druddigon, this set is easily one of the best wallbreakers in the tier and is the glue that allows Klinklang to have a much easier time late game. Draco Meteor on Druddigon may seem gimmicky at first but it allows me to do an easy 80% to Alomomola and it OHKO’s Tangrowth after SR 100% of the time, it’s also a nice Dragon STAB to abuse without having to lock myself in for 2-3 turns. With Max Special Attack a Sheer Force Flamethrower actually does some respectable damage to many Steel and Grass Pokemon. Sucker Punch is mainly a filler but has come in handy a few times and is useful for finishing off some weakened or frail Pokemon. Slowking having Trick Room allows me to avoid running any Speed and lets me maximize Attack and Special Attack, if you were to use this outside of Trick Room I would recommend a spread of 252 Attack/236 Special Attack/20 Speed with a Lonely nature which would let you outrun min Speed Tangrowth. This is definitely an underrated and effective set that I had a lot of fun using.

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Choice Specs Rotom-N is probably the best thing that came out of me building this team, it’s very underrated and was probably the MVP in 80% of the Grand Slam games this team was used in. You would be surprised at how many teams lack a solid switch-in into this thing (including this team). Rotom-N may be a ghost but it is rarely used as a spinblocker and at first was added to the team just to force my opponent to at least predict if I’m going to try and spinblock or not. After just a few games I realized how good this thing was right now and I often let my opponent spin because Rotom is more beneficial alive than dead. Rotom consistently got 2-3 kills per game and it worked out really well as Klinklang really appreciates strong Special Attackers. It’s pretty easy for Rotom to find free opportunities to switch in due to it’s defensive typing and 3 immunities, this typing however is just as good offensively as most teams right now are opting to run Golurk as their sole Ground type or just Druddigon to check many Electric types in the tier which really allows for Rotom-N to have a field day, especially with hazard support. This thing is a little gem and I would recommend you try it.

Emboar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Emboar is the revenge killer of the team and just fills a lot of holes that the rest of the team can’t cover. This team is quite weak to Durant, Cinccino and Galvantula which Emboar checks very nicely and it also gives me a more solid check to the various Grass types in the tier which is very helpful and allows for Druddigon to focus on wallbreaking. Emboar is also the sleep absorber for the team which again aids it in checking dangerous Pokemon such as Lilligant and Tangrowth. Overall Emboar just puts all the pieces together and serves multiple roles which is key to this teams success, I’m not too sure if there is another Pokemon in the tier that could fill as many roles and do them as well as Emboar does, easily one of the if not the best Choice Scarf user in the tier right now.

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return

Klinklang is the final Pokemon and the reason this team was built, hopefully when late game comes around the rest of the team has done it’s job and set up a clear path for Klinklang to sweep. Klinklang uses it’s great physical bulk and Steel typing to give it many free opportunities to set up, Shift Gear is such a great boosting move and even with Klinklangs poor coverage it still finds plenty of ways to threaten teams. With 156 Speed EV’s Klinklang can outspeed upto Scarf Manetric at +2, allowing it to safely outspeed the majority of the tier no problem and at +1 Attack Gear Grind hits respectably hard, easily OHKO’ing most offensive Pokemon that don’t resist. Return is used in the last slot over Wild Charge mainly because when this was built I really didn’t want to take Wild Charge recoil + Hail damage but since Hail has left the tier you could easily use Wild Charge in the last slot, there were a couple of times when I wish I had Wild Charge but also a few times when having Return was a much better option, it’s just up to preferences I guess.

Conclusion
I would like to thank those of you that took the time to read this entire thread, I would hope that you have at least learnt about a few great chicken recipes that you can use to impress your friends and family. This team was really fun and easy to use however there are a few annoying threats to it, two of the biggest would have to be SD Feraligatr and SD LO Kabutops, thankfully however Feraligatr is pretty much non existent outside of the ladder and SD LO Kabutops has been on the decline for the past few months. This team was built specifically for tournament play so I wouldn't encourage anyone to use it on the ladder but I played 20-30 games or so on the ladder while testing and I didn't have any problems.

Shoutouts
CTC - metagame definer basedlord queer
Gr8 - the destroyer of the metagame definer basedlord queer
PK - fren :]
Steve - I'm tired of the XY spoilers
Blunder - You did well in the RU open until bloo destroyed you :[
Blimlax - Ubers god
Edgar - You basically taught me Ubers, 2ez
Problems - I dun no wot ur sayin m8
CasedVictory - You're a gigantic pest but still a buddy :]
ShakeItUp - My Dodrio team > RUgged Mountain
Dice - thx for the Ubers help & grats on winning RU open :]
JJ - I feel you man
Joey - nicest man alive
Wepwn - Choked on dix in the finals, your name is also gay but you did well with this team
Molk - Always good talking about the tier with you

and all the other IDM niggas

Import
Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Slowking (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

Druddigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Emboar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've had so much success with this team on the d.l. though i learned the hard way to not use rotom as a spin blocker :[ anyway, well made my friend and awesome rmt name LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)