ORAS OU MY LAST. - ORAS OU Balance

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
upload_2015-12-20_0-35-42.png

MY LAST.

Introduction

Hi. I am -Latios- . I'm just a casual guy who rates teams / manages his room / watches vids / plays smash in his spare time. This is pretty much my last RMT, as you can tell by the title. I've made many RMTs in the past; most of which were around a gimmick or two. This RMT is a bit more professional and and a bit more competitive. I tried to make it appealing to the eye as well. As of now I am 22-3 (1435), which has helped me realize a few threats to the team. It's only 3 losses from my original goal of 20-0. I hope you all enjoy this RMT, as I have put a lot of effort into designing some stuff for it, battling with it and simply writing it up. :]
Teambuilding Process

-
I find myself adding Latios or Latias to most of my teams. And considering my name is -Latios-, I decided to build around it. Latios is a fun mon to build around and considering that none of my mons are weak to rocks, I decided to make this a Defog variant after some rates.

- Keldeo beats a variety of different dark- and steel- types like Weavile, Bisharp or Heatran for Latios. Latios beats a variety of different grass- types like Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur for Keldeo. It works out. However, these two Pokémon alone struggle against fairy types.

- Mega Venusaur is a nice tank for this team. It beats the fairies like Clefable or Sylveon, but still has trouble against Togekiss and Mega Gardevoir. I chose this mon in particular because it's really bulky, and checked fairy types for the team.

- I decided to add Jirachi because it checked the aforementioned fairy types: Togekiss and Mega Gardevoir. Also, this provided a good check to many special attackers like Alakazam, Lati@s, Tornadus or Mega Gardevoir.

- Slowbro is my check to a multitude of physical attackers like Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, Talonflame or Gyarados. Despite it stacking more weaknesses, it's a better addition than one may think at first glance.

- Now, Weezing is a weird choice here. It isn't on your everyday OU team, but it is used from time to time. I can understand it though, I lacks any reliable recovery and a rather meh defensive ability. The thing is, this is my second check to lots of physical attackers too. It beats Mega Heracross, Toxicroak and Diggersby in particular (these were the main 3 mons that annoyed my team that also had Weezing as a check or counter).

With all of that being said, let's get further into detail.

In Depth
upload_2015-12-19_18-48-41.png

Latios
| @ Life Orb | Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Timid Nature
Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Defog | Roost

Draco Meteor - Draco Meteor nukes a ton of Pokémon even without a boost from Calm Mind. After a STAB boost and a Life Orb boost, Draco Meteor meets tremendous strength.

Psyshock - Psyshock is also STAB. It doesn't possess the same power as Draco Meteor, but it usually OHKOs or 2HKOs whatever Draco Meteor fails to KO.

Calm Mind - This allows Latios to set up and get off even stronger attacks than before. After a Calm Mind it takes more special hits and deals far more damage than before.

Roost - Roost allows Latios to shrug off the damage it's received from Life Orb recoil, opposing attacks, etc. It is extremely useful overtime.​

upload_2015-12-19_18-57-4.png

Keldeo | @ Choice Specs | Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid Nature
Hydro Pump | Scald | Secret Sword | Icy Wind

Hydro Pump - Hydro Pump is used for the sheer power it provides. It deals a ton of damage upon switchin due to Keldeo's naturally high special attack, Hydro Pump's high power and Choice Specs boosting its attack even further. Even resists are 3HKO'd or 2HKO'd! I can OHKO Volcarona when it's at +1 and with 8 SpD EVs it takes a +1 Giga Drain from full.

Scald - Scald is Keldeo's back up water STAB. It has more PP, better accuracy and a chance to burn. This makes Scald a rather spammable move rather than Hydro Pump. This chance to burn is generally a low risk and high reward situation, because it has no real drawbacks.

Secret Sword - Secret Sword is chosen over Focus Blast because of its higher accuracy and ability to hit Chansey harder. Secret Sword is really Keldeo's best fighting STAB, and it works just like Psyshock; hitting for defense instead of special defense.

Icy Wind - I chose Icy Wind as my coverage option for opposing Latios switching in. It 2HKOs and lowers their speed, which allows Keldeo to follow up with another Icy Wind.​

upload_2015-12-19_19-23-10.png

Venusaur | @ Venusaurite | Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe | Modest Nature
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power [Fire] | Synthesis

Giga Drain - Giga Drain is STAB. It provides some slight form of recovery if you get enough damage off. It deals a lot of damage if super effective. When neutral it usually does ~20-50% which would mean it would recover ~10-25% of HP. This isn't a lot by any means, but it can be of assistance in a pinch.

Sludge Bomb - Sludge Bomb is the STAB that does a bit more damage than Giga Drain. It hits mons like Talonflame, Latios or Charizard if they switch in predicting Giga Drain. This move is used to nail fairy types specifically.

Hidden Power [Fire] - Hidden Power Fire allows Venusaur to hit Scizor, Ferrothorn or Forretress for far greater damage. In general it's useful coverage. I had Earthquake in this slot for a while, but I found it to be a bit bad on this team since I had a Keldeo and a Slowbro to check it.

Synthesis - This allows Venusaur to recover reliably. This way if it is low on health, it can heal up without relying on Giga Drain for recovery.​

upload_2015-12-19_19-39-20.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe | Careful Nature
Stealth Rock | Iron Head | U-turn | Body Slam

Stealth Rock - Every good team needs rocks. It's so very useful.

Iron Head - This is Jirachi's STAB. It has a 60% chance to flinch thanks to Serene Grace, which is useful if the opponent is also paralyzed. It's one of those things as to where you enjoy using it but despise going against it.

U-Turn - This move allows Jirachi to pivot around. It's great for gaining momentum and for getting off the chip damage.

Body Slam - Body Slam is chosen over Thunder Wave because it can also paralyze ground types. This is because it's that electric type moves can't hit a ground type and not that you cannot paralyze a ground type. This has a 60% chance to paralyze. If you get off the para you should outspeed and thus commence the para-flinching! Thanks to Jirachi being faster with the EVs it can outspeed Bisharp and Body Slam for a potential para if they decide to not Sucker Punch.
upload_2015-12-19_19-56-36.png

Slowbro | @ Leftovers | Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD | Bold Nature
Scald | Slack Off | Thunder Wave | Psyshock

Scald - Scald is a move that's already on my team. It just has so much utility and no drawbacks. It really should be used on every bulky water.

Slack Off - This is Slowbro's main means of recovery. This way Slowbro doesn't have to switch out and come back in for Regenerator to heal it.

Thunder Wave - Thunder Wave allows Slowbro to cripple faster mons. This can come in clutch late game and in general.

Psyshock - Psyshock is Slowbro's second STAB option. I chose this over somethig like Calm Mind because it hits mons like Mega Lopunny or Conkeldurr harder.
upload_2015-12-19_20-42-54.png

Weezing | @ Black Sludge | Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe | Bold Nature
Sludge Bomb | Will-O-Wisp | Flamethrower | Pain Split

Sludge Bomb - Sludge Bomb is STAB. It 2HKOs Azumarill which is nice. Now it doesn't deal much damage unless super effective. Clear Smog can be used in this slot to punish set up sweepers, but overall it isn't that useful over Sludge Bomb.

Will-O-Wisp - This really annoys physical mons like Scizor, Mega Altaria or Azumarill. It adds to Weezing's already good physical defense. With 88 speed Weezing can outspeed BD Azumarill and burn it. This also

Flamethrower - This nails Scizor and Ferrothorn, which otherwise somewhat wall it. Fire Blast can be ran for the extra firepower (good pun y/n?) and the ability to always 2HKO Ferrothorn after Lefties unlike Flamethrower.

Pain Split - This is Weezing's best means of recovery. It's similar to Rotom-Wash. If this thing got Recover, on the other hand. . . let's just say that'd be much better, k? Taunt can also be used over this slot to meme on Ferrothorn.

Threatlist

- After a Quiver Dance I really lack many answers after rocks. My Keldeo takes a Giga Drain from +1 and can OHKO with Hydro Pump unless the opponent has a Passho Berry.

- Magnezone is pretty annoying. It hits everything on my team for neutral damage, and none of the GSI / SSI for it really fit on this team.

- Hydreigon is also annoying. My Venusaur can come in but it loses if it gets off one flinch RIP.

- Once Jirachi is gone, Latios is pretty annoying to deal with. Like, I have to rely on living a Draco with Slowbro and paralyzing.

- This team really loses to Gengar unless my Keldeo has little-to-no prior damage or my Latios wins a speed tie. Otherwise it beats everything else 1v1.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-307106112 - Had to play around his Gengar. He had already revealed that he was a Sub Split variant so I decided to predict a pain split at turn 16 and went for a Psyshock. It was a high risk for high reward turn right there.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-307108583 - Zard X is another annoying mon, but can be stopped by a para. Just a replay showcasing this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-307111650 - Nothing too interesting here, but I guess this is my way of beating / annoying Thundurus?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-307113784 - Weezing shenanigans. . . once his main two special attackers went down it was time for Weezing to shine. And shine it did.

Shoutouts

There are many people I'd like to shoutout. They're either frens or people I admire.

blunder aim GradeAGarchomp cfdba Trinitrotoluene AM Eyan DaAwesomeDude1 Serapis Mudvayne Boehijt Steven Stone m00ns MrAldo Nedor AllAttack rob. chimpact (riceboy!) Emvee CrashinBoomBang CTC BreloomMyHomie Kreme

If I missed anyone, please let me know lol.

Importable
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Body Slam

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

Conclusion

Wow, I've actually finished a RMT. Normally something would prevent me from doing so, but I finally did. I am proud to say this is my last RMT! I just might go back on my word in the future, lol, but that's because I enjoy Pokemon. I enjoyed building this team. I enjoyed making this RMT, and I have enjoyed my experience on Pokémon Showdown! and Smogon. Well, that's it. I hope you all enjoyed it! :]

------
| FIN |
------

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey -Latios, really nice balance team you've built there. I used to love running Weezing on weird stall teams back when Mega-heracross was common during mid-late XY. I want to address a few things that may prove problematic to your team due to common cores/trends in the current ORAS OU metagame. The first thing pertains to your lack of hazard removal and thus, its susceptibility to the increasingly more common spDEF Skarmory. spDEF Skarmory is typically a pain for these type of balance builds that lack a way to remove their spikes. It currently sets up hazards on Jirachi, Weezing, Slowbro, and even CM Latios. The easiest way to remedy this issue is to run defog over calm mind on Latios.

Another mon that threatens your team is Hoopa-U with pretty much any of its viable sets. Mixed Life Orb and Banded in particular can almost guarantee a kill once in on Slowbro, M-Venu, Jirachi, Weezing and a -2 Latios. To help with this threat, I suggest removing weezing altogether for Klefki. Klefki checks Hoopa-U and provides useful hazard support that Specs Keldeo and balance teams in general really appreciate.

Due to having T-Wave support on both Slowbro and Klefki (if you choose to take my advice), you may want to consider removing body slam on Jirachi for Wish, adding to its longevity and at the same time supporting your entire team.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- roost
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish

Last edited:
Hey, really nice team however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them for you.

I noticed that Latios was a huge threat for your team since i don't like the only use of Jirachi on balanced team to deal with it if you have M-Venusaur and Keldeo which have problem with Latios. Gengar is another huge threat to balanced/stall team since its a very good stallbreaker (or even wallbreaker),

I'd suggest to use Scarf Tyranitar over Weezing, Weezing isn't really viable in the OU metagame and even for threat you mentionned, you already have many other way in the metagame to deal with them, Tyranitar trapkill both of Lati@s and Gengar which annoy your team due to both of its Dark typing and Choice Scarf which allow him to outspeed both of them, its a very very good partner for both of Keldeo and M-Venusaur, its ability, Sand Stream allow you to have a better time against like Hoopa-U which threat your team (you can also KO him with prior damage). Tyranitar is also, an good check to Hydreigon, Volcarona and Magnezone.

Without Weezing, it would be very hard to take well like Landorus-T which can spam both of U-turn and Earthquake always, you could try to use Ferrothorn with the Chople Berry over Jirachi, Ferrothorn will still work as a stealth rocker and as correct check to Scarf Landorus-T which annoy actually your team. Chople Berry allow him to beat both of M-Gardevoir and M-Zam which annoy your team and to have a better time at switch in Azumarill. The spread allow you to survive two Ice Beam from +3 Manaphy.

I can also suggest to use SubCM set on Keldeo now since you can trapkill Lati@s/Starmie which annoy Keldeo with Scarf Tyranitar with ease, this set is used mainly to annoy more oriented defensive builds so it would be really cool on this one.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Ice Beam

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Changes in short :

Tyranitar >>> Weezing
Ferrothorn >>> Jirachi
Keldeo (Set)

Hope i helped.

Hey,

This is a cool team. I think Weezing is a little redundant with Venusaur. I don't think it does too much; you say you need it for Heracross, Toxicroak, and Diggersby, but Toxicroak is hardly ever seen and Weezing is 2HKO'd by Return from most Diggersby variants, making it a pretty subpar answer.

Though this is a generally solid balance, a few things give you a fair bit of trouble. You seem quite weak to Pinsir and Diggersby, as both can severely dent something any time they come in. Like you said yourself, you're weak to Hydreigon, Latios and Gengar; in the same vein, I think you're also weak to Alakazam and annoyed by Starmie and Tornadus-T. These outspeed your whole team; though you have Jirachi for Alakazam, Mega Zam can 3HKO it with Shadow Ball while it has no recovery, and LO Zam does even more. Because Zam beats your other 5 members, a decent player can put a lot of pressure on you and wear Jirachi down easily. LO Starmie with Psychic/Psyshock as well as Thunderbolt would sweep you; though no Starmie actually runs both of these, you still have to play around LO Starmie very carefully until you fully scout its set.

I think replacing Weezing with Specially Defensive Skarmory and Jirachi with a scarfed Tyranitar solves a lot of your problems. Skarmory can handle Pinsir and Diggersby even when specially defensive due to its typing. It also gives you a check to Alakazam and Tornadus-T with recovery. Scarf Tyranitar lets you check Starmie, Hydreigon, Lati@s, Gengar etc. and check Pinsir too, while Skarmory also gives you another switch-in to Latios and Gengar in case Tyranitar is getting worn down. Skarmory is honestly a pretty reliable Stealth Rock setter as well, as it usually doesn't have trouble getting a free turn early in games. I also think you should make your Venusaur defensive if you go with this change, because I think your team values its ability to take hits more than it does its offense. It can now be more reliable against things like Starmie as well as the fairies that Weezing helped it handle before. Calm Mind on Latios is cool, but I agree with the above rater that Defog is generally much more useful. Nice team, good luck with it.

Sets I mentioned:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

I recommend Brave Bird because fairies are pretty well-covered. I guess you can use Defog on this, but I hate using Skarmory with 0 attacks, and the other moves are all pretty mandatory.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly / Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

edit: I guess my rate turned out pretty similar to the guy above me's; I didn't see his until afterward since I haven't refreshed this thread for ages. I prefer Skarm > Ferro because of Alakazam, Lando-T, Pinsir, Diggersby etc. but his version is quite good as well.

Last edited:

temp

legacy
Hey -Latios, really nice balance team you've built there. I used to love running Weezing on weird stall teams back when Mega-heracross was common during mid-late XY. I want to address a few things that may prove problematic to your team due to common cores/trends in the current ORAS OU metagame. The first thing pertains to your lack of hazard removal and thus, its susceptibility to the increasingly more common spDEF Skarmory. spDEF Skarmory is typically a pain for these type of balance builds that lack a way to remove their spikes. It currently sets up hazards on Jirachi, Weezing, Slowbro, and even CM Latios. The easiest way to remedy this issue is to run defog over calm mind on Latios.

Another mon that threatens your team is Hoopa-U with pretty much any of its viable sets. Mixed Life Orb and Banded in particular can almost guarantee a kill once in on Slowbro, M-Venu, Jirachi, Weezing and a -2 Latios. To help with this threat, I suggest removing weezing altogether for Klefki. Klefki checks Hoopa-U and provides useful hazard support that Specs Keldeo and balance teams in general really appreciate.

Due to having T-Wave support on both Slowbro and Klefki (if you choose to take my advice), you may want to consider removing body slam on Jirachi for Wish, adding to its longevity and at the same time supporting your entire team.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- roost
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish
Well, the main issue with all of the changes in one is that i have rocks and a spikes setter but then a Defogger. In the end it may end up being non-productive. Also the only reason I've used Body Slam is for the speed control. It comes in handy late-game, as you could see in the zard x replay.
And after looking back at it, despite my team having no rocks weaknesses, I guess I'll run Defog Latios. Hazards can be annoying for my team, but Calm Mind has helped in the past.

Hey, really nice team however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them for you.

I noticed that Latios was a huge threat for your team since i don't like the only use of Jirachi on balanced team to deal with it if you have M-Venusaur and Keldeo which have problem with Latios. Gengar is another huge threat to balanced/stall team since its a very good stallbreaker (or even wallbreaker),

I'd suggest to use Scarf Tyranitar over Weezing, Weezing isn't really viable in the OU metagame and even for threat you mentionned, you already have many other way in the metagame to deal with them, Tyranitar trapkill both of Lati@s and Gengar which annoy your team due to both of its Dark typing and Choice Scarf which allow him to outspeed both of them, its a very very good partner for both of Keldeo and M-Venusaur, its ability, Sand Stream allow you to have a better time against like Hoopa-U which threat your team (you can also KO him with prior damage). Tyranitar is also, an good check to Hydreigon, Volcarona and Magnezone.

Without Weezing, it would be very hard to take well like Landorus-T which can spam both of U-turn and Earthquake always, you could try to use Ferrothorn with the Chople Berry over Jirachi, Ferrothorn will still work as a stealth rocker and as correct check to Scarf Landorus-T which annoy actually your team. Chople Berry allow him to beat both of M-Gardevoir and M-Zam which annoy your team and to have a better time at switch in Azumarill. The spread allow you to survive two Ice Beam from +3 Manaphy.

I can also suggest to use SubCM set on Keldeo now since you can trapkill Lati@s/Starmie which annoy Keldeo with Scarf Tyranitar with ease, this set is used mainly to annoy more oriented defensive builds so it would be really cool on this one.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly / Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Ice Beam

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Changes in short :

Tyranitar >>> Weezing
Ferrothorn >>> Jirachi
Keldeo (Set)

Hope i helped.
Scarf Tyranitar and Weezing have two completely different roles. I understand that it was meant to check Latis and Gengar but this change seems forced.

Sub-CM Keldeo is cool but I don't see what this does better for my team.

Well, my team wouldn't be weak to any of the mons you mentioned if the changes hadn't been made, so yeah..

Hey,

This is a cool team. I think Weezing is a little redundant with Venusaur. I don't think it does too much; you say you need it for Heracross, Toxicroak, and Diggersby, but Toxicroak is hardly ever seen and Weezing is 2HKO'd by Return from most Diggersby variants, making it a pretty subpar answer.

Though this is a generally solid balance, a few things give you a fair bit of trouble. You seem quite weak to Pinsir and Diggersby, as both can severely dent something any time they come in. Like you said yourself, you're weak to Hydreigon, Latios and Gengar; in the same vein, I think you're also weak to Alakazam and annoyed by Starmie and Tornadus-T. These outspeed your whole team; though you have Jirachi for Alakazam, Mega Zam can 3HKO it with Shadow Ball while it has no recovery, and LO Zam does even more. Because Zam beats your other 5 members, a decent player can put a lot of pressure on you and wear Jirachi down easily. LO Starmie with Psychic/Psyshock as well as Thunderbolt would sweep you; though no Starmie actually runs both of these, you still have to play around LO Starmie very carefully until you fully scout its set.

I think replacing Weezing with Specially Defensive Skarmory and Jirachi with a scarfed Tyranitar solves a lot of your problems. Skarmory can handle Pinsir and Diggersby even when specially defensive due to its typing. It also gives you a check to Alakazam and Tornadus-T with recovery. Scarf Tyranitar lets you check Starmie, Hydreigon, Lati@s, Gengar etc. and check Pinsir too, while Skarmory also gives you another switch-in to Latios and Gengar in case Tyranitar is getting worn down. Skarmory is honestly a pretty reliable Stealth Rock setter as well, as it usually doesn't have trouble getting a free turn early in games. I also think you should make your Venusaur defensive if you go with this change, because I think your team values its ability to take hits more than it does its offense. It can now be more reliable against things like Starmie as well as the fairies that Weezing helped it handle before. Calm Mind on Latios is cool, but I agree with the above rater that Defog is generally much more useful. Nice team, good luck with it.

Sets I mentioned:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

I recommend Brave Bird because fairies are pretty well-covered. I guess you can use Defog on this, but I hate using Skarmory with 0 attacks, and the other moves are all pretty mandatory.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly / Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

edit: I guess my rate turned out pretty similar to the guy above me's; I didn't see his until afterward since I haven't refreshed this thread for ages. I prefer Skarm > Ferro because of Alakazam, Lando-T, Pinsir, Diggersby etc. but his version is quite good as well.
Eh, if my Jirachi can pull off a para or wears it down with U-Turns Starmie is gone. Mega Venusaur can also 1v1 Starmie, as it takes a Psyshock from full and OHKOs with Giga Drain.
My SSI to Diggersby is Weezing, and it also beats it 1v1 because it can burn it and wither it down. And btw I can just burn it and begin to Pain Split up for the recovery. Mega Venusaur, again, also 1v1s this.
I've played around Mega Pinsir to the point where I don't consider it much of a threat. My Jirachi has a chance to paralyze, my Slowbro paralyzes it. If it sets up on Weezing, my Weezing can burn it.

Changes made:

Latios: Defog Latios

Thanks for all of the ideas and the rates. :)

Hey -Latios- , long time no see bro , btw the team looks pretty good , but the bad is that , you tried to cover weaknesses from less used mons and as a result your team looks weak to a few common OU mons.

First of all Weezing can't switch into Diggersby , as Diggers by 2hkos it , and your best counter to it is Slowbro. Wheezing don't even going to get a chance to inflict burn , so I agree with Edward that Weezing is very passive in this team.
I agree that Weezing is quite viable in the metagame , but its not really doing something for the team.
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 248 HP / 172+ Def Weezing: 188-224 (56.4 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
. I also liked the Idea of pursuit trapper as Edward suggested but , I don't really liked the Idea of Tyranitar , so I think Scizor is going to be a better option , Scizor don't only pursuits but also Counters / Checks Gengar and Latios and can fool Magnezone by using U-turn on the switch. Scizor also deals with all the three that Weezing counters.

I also think having two Psychic types isn't that good , although its just an optional suggestion , I.e. I think Heatran>Jirachi , as Heatran can also set up rocks and don't really fears Magnezone and can check Magnezone which is a threat to your team , also its able to deal with Hidden Power Fire Latios , also it removes the pressure from Slowbro to counter birdspam cores. Also it removes the pressure from Venusaur to check Electric mons.

If you aren't really comfortable with this change then I think Clefable > Jirachi , also going to help you a lot especially against dragon types like Dragonite and Tank Chomp , its also capable of dealing with Mega Heracross quite comfortably and can also set up rocks.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Toxic / Flash Cannon
- Roar / Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Hope I helped :]....

temp

legacy
Hey -Latios- , long time no see bro , btw the team looks pretty good , but the bad is that , you tried to cover weaknesses from less used mons and as a result your team looks weak to a few common OU mons.

First of all Weezing can't switch into Diggersby , as Diggers by 2hkos it , and your best counter to it is Slowbro. Wheezing don't even going to get a chance to inflict burn , so I agree with Edward that Weezing is very passive in this team.
I agree that Weezing is quite viable in the metagame , but its not really doing something for the team.
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 248 HP / 172+ Def Weezing: 188-224 (56.4 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
. I also liked the Idea of pursuit trapper as Edward suggested but , I don't really liked the Idea of Tyranitar , so I think Scizor is going to be a better option , Scizor don't only pursuits but also Counters / Checks Gengar and Latios and can fool Magnezone by using U-turn on the switch. Scizor also deals with all the three that Weezing counters.

I also think having two Psychic types isn't that good , although its just an optional suggestion , I.e. I think Heatran>Jirachi , as Heatran can also set up rocks and don't really fears Magnezone and can check Magnezone which is a threat to your team , also its able to deal with Hidden Power Fire Latios , also it removes the pressure from Slowbro to counter birdspam cores. Also it removes the pressure from Venusaur to check Electric mons.

If you aren't really comfortable with this change then I think Clefable > Jirachi , also going to help you a lot especially against dragon types like Dragonite and Tank Chomp , its also capable of dealing with Mega Heracross quite comfortably and can also set up rocks.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Toxic / Flash Cannon
- Roar / Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Hope I helped :]....
weezing isn't meant to switch in to diggersby. it's meant to 1v1 it, as in check it, not counter.

weezing isn't meant to switch in to diggersby. it's meant to 1v1 it, as in check it, not counter.
Keldeo is also able to beat in 1v1 and so does Mega Venusaur , weezing is really passive as it make your team weak to Lati@s and Gengar which are very common in the current meta , unlike Diggersby.

temp

legacy
Keldeo is also able to beat in 1v1 and so does Mega Venusaur , weezing is really passive as it make your team weak to Lati@s and Gengar which are very common in the current meta , unlike Diggersby.
what does keldeo and mega venu beating weezing have to do with anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)