My OU team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Hauntzer, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hauntzer

Hauntzer

This is my OU team so far. Sorry for not being as descriptive as possible but here goes..

***UPDATE*** 7-17-11

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed
    EV: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Sp Def
    Roar
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock

Thanks to Eternal for the suggestion, I have incorporated him in my team as a Stealth Rock Supporter and to Check Thunderus and to be an overall tank to my team. He can also phaze set up sweepers who would otherwise sweep my entire team. With Toxic Spikes and Roar he will be able to poison every grounded pokemon and any non-steel type.

PURPOSE: He is to set up Stealth Rocks and to wall Thundurus and phaze him out by using Roar and to get residual damage on incoming pokemon. He is also able to take a few hits and return the damage.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    EV: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Sp Def
    Guts

Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Payback

With all the entry hazards, he can set up a Bulk Up while minimal damage and start a sweep. He is one of my three sweepers and is able to do the job. I can bring him in when a pokemon fires a Scald amied at X pokemon and it is not a problem Conkeldurr gets burned because of Guts. Then I can follow with a sweep.

PURPOSE: With two Bulk Ups Conkeldurr is a force to be reckoned with and can be a vital late game sweeper. With aid from the entry hazards, he will be able to score important OHKOs.

Latios @ Expert Belt
    Timid
    EV: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
    Levitate

Draco Meteor
    Surf
    Hidden Power (Fire)
    Thunder Bolt

You can say this is my "Special" sweeper. He is a potent sweeper as he has very high Speed and Sp Atk. I can switch back and forth between him and Conkeldurr because Latios can take his Psychic weakness and Conkeldurr takes his Dark weaknesses.

PURPOSE: He is a sweeper intended for pokemon that have low Sp Def. His moveset allows for neutral coverage and to "surprise" X pokemon to hit them with another attack for superior damage.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish
    EV: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
    Poison Heal

Protect
    Earthquake
    Substitute
    Ice Fang

This is a bulky Sweeper aimed to status stall and to finish the opposing pokemon off with an appropriate attack. With this EV spread, he is able to set up and Sweep. I can use Swampert's Stealth Rock support and Forretress' Toxic Spikes support and help him out with the sweep. Thanks to Eternal for the suggestion I have replaced SD with Protect to stall and then kill.

PURPOSE: He sweeps/stalls the opposing team and is a decent wall overall as he can take on opposing Conkeldurr and Thundurus to an extent.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    EV: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def
    Sturdy

Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Gyro Ball

He is my "utility" pokemon as he can Wall,Set Up, and Spin-Away. He takes physical hits pretty well and he is able to take some hits on the special side too. The reason I have him is to set up my entry hazards and spin away the opponents. His Gyro Ball allows him to hit anything that does not resist him for a decent amount of damage.

PURPOSE: To spin away entry hazards and to set up my own. Also to wall or sponge physical attacks.

Milotic @ leftovers
    Bold
    EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
    Marvel Scale

Scald
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Dragon Tail

She is my go to pokemon when I'm in a pinch and she can just Dragon Tail set up sweepers who would other wise not take damage from her attacks. She is very bulky and she can dish out some nice damage to fire types and dragon types.

PURPOSE: She is used to stop sweepers from setting up and to perhaps get a Burn or a Freeze off and then go to Gliscor.
  2. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I see the team does have this "stalling" style to it with Forretress set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes along with Milotic phazing with Dragon Tail. But, I also see that you've placed a Dual Screen Cresselia on the team. Dual Screen is usually used to safely sweep with Pokemon that lack the defensive capabilities to safely set up. In this case, your team consists of two sweepers, Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Swords Dance Gliscor. Neither of them require Dual Screen to be able to sweep. Even with Dual Screen, your Gliscor will be countered by HP Ice Bronzong and your Conkeldurr will be stopped by Taunt Gliscor. Another problem is that your team lacks a Stealth Rock supporter. So the best Pokemon in this team to replace would obviously be Cresselia. I see a big weakness to Thundurus for this team. There's one Pokemon that can fit here, that can set up Stealth Rock and be able to handle Thundurus to an extent. A Swampert (even though I rarely recommend this thing, it fits your team perfectly with a lack of SR supporter and a great additional phazer):

Swampert @ Leftovers -- Torrent
    Nature: Relaxed - EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
    - Roar
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

Next, for your Gliscor, I suggest the more threatening Substitute + Protect Gliscor so you don't lose residual damage as you keep Substituting with your current set. Replace Swords Dance with Protect. With Toxic Spikes support this team is able to destroy anything that's poisoned or burned when it's under a Substitute to Protect + Substitute stall.

Now these changes should really help your team out. Try them out, good luck.
  3. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

According to the rules you need to add more detailed descriptions to your pokemon.
  4. Hauntzer

Hauntzer

@ Eternal thanks for your opinion I'll defiantly try those out!
  5. Hauntzer

Hauntzer

BUMP. Does anyone else have an opinion for the team?
  6. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hi, neat team you have here. Eternal's check fits you team to a tee, though I do see a bit of a weakness to Latios, Choice Specs or otherwise - if your own goes down, it can rip holes in you team with Draco Meteor along with its coverage attacks. There is one Pokemon who can take on Latios fairly easily and cripple it: Specially Defensive Jirachi - Jirachi @ Leftovers | Careful | Iron Head / Wish / Stealth Rock / Body Slam | 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe . This provides you with a pretty solid stop to Latios, as you can easily come in on Draco Meteor and set up from there. Consider this a replacement for Swampert as this also is a nice check to Thundurus, using Body Slam and Iron Head to cripple it. Jirachi will also cause a lot of switches thanks to the paralysis it can easily spread as well as Iron Head, meaning that Toxic Spikes can still take a number on the opponent.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
  7. Hauntzer

Hauntzer

Thanks for help! I will try out the Jirachi and see how it goes I was also thinking about switching my Milotic for a Rotom-W so I could have the Jirachi-Gliscor-Rotom-W core. Any thoughts anyone?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)