1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My OU Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Clawd, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Clawd

Clawd

Hey guys, this is an OU team i made and i think it's okay, but i know it needs improvement, but i can't really put my finger on what i need for what it needs improvement on

Overview of the team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In Depth:

[​IMG]
    Deoxys-Defense@ Rocky Helmet
    Trait:Pressure
    Evs: 252 HP, 4 Def,252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Recover
    - Taunt
    - Night Shade

I Decided to use Deoxys-Defense because it can take a hit from a psychic type for one of My special sweepers, Keldeo, and i find also a good lead to deal with opposing pokemon that will try to set up hazards, and it can set up it's own hazards quickly, so taunt users aren't a problem unless they have the ability prankster

[​IMG]
    Keldeo-Resolution@Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

Keldeo is the whole reason why i built this team. lol. I thought his new form is cool and i wanted to use it. i was also considering using a mixed attacking set with work up, surf, secret sword, and hp ghost/icy wind but idk. anyways, surf and secret sword are basically just useful STAB attacks, and icy wind is for dragon types and hp ghost for psychic types.

[​IMG]
    Chansey@eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Evs: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spD
    bold nature (+def,-atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled/Wish
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss

Chansey is basically for support. aromatherapy is to heal my other team members of burn,paralysis, etc. wish/softboiled is for recovery, toxic for inflicting status, and seismic toss as an attacking move

[​IMG]
    Scizor@choice band
    Trait: technician
    evs:252 atk, 248 hp, 8 spD
    adamant nature (+atk,-spA)
    - bullet punch
    - U-turn
    - superpower
    - pursuit

ahh scizor. my physical attacker, he also takes grass type attacks for keldeo. yeah, he's just a choice banded scizor to take care of keldeo's threats such as latios.

[​IMG]
    Heatran@Air Balloon
    Trait: flash fire
    evs:252 spA, 252 spe, 4 hp
    modest nature (+spA,-atk)
    - fire blast
    - hp grass
    - earth power
    - stealth rock

I needed a stealth rocker for this team, and a pokemon that can take fire type attacks for scizor, and grass type attacks for keldeo, i was also considering using the defensive landorus-therian set because it pretty much can do just as well as heatran can. oh and the hp grass on heatran is for hitting water types such as swampert, jellicent, etc.

[​IMG]
    Alakazam@focus sash
    trait: magic guard
    evs: 252 spa, 252 spe, 4 hp
    timid nature(+spe,-atk)
    - calm mind
    - focus blast
    - psyshock
    - shadow ball

I really dont know why i really use alakazam tbh, it was originally a rotom wash but i guess i just decided to switch. i didnt like the sub 3 attacks set so i used this. i feel like i dont need alakazam because i already have enough special attackers.
  2. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene visionary
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Hey Clawd. Nice team you have here! First off, I'd recommend changing Icy Wind on Keldeo to Calm Mind. This change allows your Keldeo to act as a bona fide sweeper and actually break through teams in the endgame. Also, if you pull that change in, I'd recommend giving Heatran HP Ice instead of HP Grass. This helps against opposing Dragons and Gliscor. I'd also recommend shifting Heatran's nature to Timid. This change allows you to outpace Adamant Dragonite and Mamoswine and hit them with a powerful HP Ice and Fire Blast respectively. Finally, I'd recommend replacing your Alakazam with a Choice Scarf Latios. I understand that you think you have enough special attackers, but Scarfed Latios gives you an answer to Cloyster, Chlorophyll Venusaur, and opposing Keldeo. Latios also gives you a great check against other weather sweepers, and it relieves pressure from the rest of your team if a Scarfed Terrakion or Tornadus-T is seen. Latios can also help against stall by crippling one member with Trick. A summarized list of changes can be seen below.

Sets:
    [​IMG]
    Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
    Timid Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Surf | Trick

Nitpicks:
    [​IMG]
    Icy Wind ----> Calm Mind

[​IMG]
    Modest ----> Timid
    HP Grass ----> HP Ice

[​IMG] ----> [​IMG]

Latios' moveset is fairly self-explanatory. Draco Meteor is powerful STAB that can KO weakened Pokemon with ease, while Psyshock is powerful STAB that can KO Keldeo and many other Fighters with ease. Surf complements Draco Meteor by hitting Steel-types neutrally, and Trick can cripple opponents. Of course, don't use Trick unless you can afford to give up the Scarf. With all that being said, good luck with your team!
  3. Clawd

Clawd

thank you for the advice, i appreciate the help :) i definitely will make these changes to my team. now that i see it, the scarfed latios would really work well with my team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)