My overall thoughts of the Fire/Grass Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction:
The typing for Fire/Grass is so cool, i love it. Fire/Grass along with, Water/Ground are my favorite types. I also love the art work that has been chosen for Fire/Grass, Elagune has done a wonderful job in creating such a good looking Pokemon.

Overview
There are a lot of things i thought were good with Fire/Grass so far. Well for one, i already talked about the drawing, but i guess i will say it again. Elagune drawing really has my head in the clouds, it looks so amazing. Now as far as the BST goes, all of then were good spreads, i liked all of them. Some of them just seemed to defensive oriented instead of demonstrating a balanced style.

Leech Seed:
This Pokemon would be so broken if it got leech seed. All of the Pokemon that are immune to Leech Seed are Grass types, but this guy gets Fire Blast to get rid of all of them. There are other Pokemon with the same luxury, but let me explain their downfall
Venusaur- Venusaur gets Leech Seed and a SE move to hit Grass types back, but Sludge Bomb has only 90 base power. Poison also hits 1 type for SE. So comparing Fire STAB, to Poison STAB would be insane.
Jumpluff- The cutest little Grass type imo, but it also gets a SE STAB moves against Grass types and also gets Leech Seed. Only gets a 60 Base Power Aerial Ace to hit other Grass types with, which is seriously lol, coming from it's Base 55 attack
Abomasnow- He only gets a POWERFUL STAB move to hit against other Grass types and Leech Seed. Lets not forget he can't make 101 subs, and has 7 weaknesses, while Fire/Grass has 3 weaknesses.

Chlorophyll:
Look at the drawing of Fire/Grass, it honestly doesn't fit. The only abilities i see fit it are
Rock Head
Battle Armor
Intimidate

Venusaur and Jumpluff have a sleep move and Abomasnow basicly damages the opponent every turn even without Leech Seed. They all have their advantages.

Also, I think more abilities fit the Woodman.

I see some people are making ability suggestions, so here are some of mine.

Woodman:
Battle Armor -> Armor
Anger Point -> I see him as a warrior, that doesn't like to lose
Heat Proof -> Seems like he could walk through fire all day long
Keen Eye -> fits a good warrior
No Guard -> He loses all his guard when attacking with his canons
Reckless -> ^
Rivalry -> warrior thing

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We have lots of discussion threads for soliciting opinions on CAP Pokes. We don't need a special thread for this particular opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)