1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My Pokemon VGC Rain/Trickroom comp

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Heindrian, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Heindrian

Heindrian

Still trying to improve on it could use suggestions! :)

Slowbro @ leftovers Sassy Nature
    ~Oblivious~
    -Scald
    -Slack Off
    -Rain dance
    -Trick Room
    (252Health/252Def)

My main rain dance set up, with slack off to sustain and scald for stab. I also run him with trick room because the team needed two in case Reunculis got dropped turn one.

Amphorose @ Amphoroseite Modest Nature
    ~Mold Breaker~
    -Thunder
    -Rain dance
    -Dragon pulse
    -Power Gem
    (252Satk/252Health)

My mega, Build the team around him. He has incredible Satk but loses speed when he mega evolves so I decided he would do well in trickroom with Health/Satk EV's and with Rain dance he gets 100% accuracy STAB Thunder.

Reunculis @ Sitrus Berry Modest Nature
    ~Over Coat~
    -Trick Room
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Pain split
    (252Health/252Sdef)

Main trick room set up. Has stab Psyshock for the STAB. I chose this over Psychic because with 3/4 team mates with Satk moves, I needed something to take down Special walls.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge Brave Nature
    ~Dry Skin~
    -Protect
    -Draining Punch
    -Poison Jab
    -Sucker Punch
    (252Health/252Atk EVs)

Dry skin ability in rain + Black Sludge + Drain punch = 3 Sustain abilitys. Priority Dark takes out Psychic users, Poison Jab for fairy types.

So basically I have my Physical wall, Special wall, Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper. I have been thinking about swapping Reunculis out for Bronzong since the rain with weaken his only real weakness and will give me a little more coverage defensively since I am running 2 Phychic users atm.
  2. klvkboom

klvkboom

Manual rain is decent but you could make good use of Politoed since he makes setting up rain much easier.

I would also suggest using Meowstic since he is both a good rain setter and TR setter, as well as being unaffected by TR since he has Prankster.
    shack likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)