1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My Pokemon VGC Rain/Trickroom comp

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Heindrian, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Heindrian

Heindrian

Still trying to improve on it could use suggestions! :)

Slowbro @ leftovers Sassy Nature
    ~Oblivious~
    -Scald
    -Slack Off
    -Rain dance
    -Trick Room
    (252Health/252Def)

My main rain dance set up, with slack off to sustain and scald for stab. I also run him with trick room because the team needed two in case Reunculis got dropped turn one.

Amphorose @ Amphoroseite Modest Nature
    ~Mold Breaker~
    -Thunder
    -Rain dance
    -Dragon pulse
    -Power Gem
    (252Satk/252Health)

My mega, Build the team around him. He has incredible Satk but loses speed when he mega evolves so I decided he would do well in trickroom with Health/Satk EV's and with Rain dance he gets 100% accuracy STAB Thunder.

Reunculis @ Sitrus Berry Modest Nature
    ~Over Coat~
    -Trick Room
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Pain split
    (252Health/252Sdef)

Main trick room set up. Has stab Psyshock for the STAB. I chose this over Psychic because with 3/4 team mates with Satk moves, I needed something to take down Special walls.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge Brave Nature
    ~Dry Skin~
    -Protect
    -Draining Punch
    -Poison Jab
    -Sucker Punch
    (252Health/252Atk EVs)

Dry skin ability in rain + Black Sludge + Drain punch = 3 Sustain abilitys. Priority Dark takes out Psychic users, Poison Jab for fairy types.

So basically I have my Physical wall, Special wall, Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper. I have been thinking about swapping Reunculis out for Bronzong since the rain with weaken his only real weakness and will give me a little more coverage defensively since I am running 2 Phychic users atm.
  2. klvkboom

klvkboom

Manual rain is decent but you could make good use of Politoed since he makes setting up rain much easier.

I would also suggest using Meowstic since he is both a good rain setter and TR setter, as well as being unaffected by TR since he has Prankster.
    shack likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)