My Pokemon Y team - please rate!

This is my first post on these forums. Hope I do alright. Anyways... Hi there!
This is the team I have been using on Pokemon Showdown OU battles. I think it's a pretty solid team, Has a few walls and an equal balance of physical and special attackers but I'd like to have your opinion of the team.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EV's : 252 HP, 252 def, 4 sp. def
Synchronise - Sassy Nature
- Foul Play
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Wish
This is the cleric for my team. Umbreon has very solid defences - 110 defence and 130 sp. defence so it can take a hit and pull off a wish or heal bell. I started to use it in Black 2 and wreaked everything and I'm please to say that today it still does just that :)

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EV's : 252 atk, 252 spd, 4 HP
Blaze ---> Tough Claws - Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage (should I change this move to Dragon Claw?)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Last gen, Charizard was struggling to stay in OU due to it's competitors being faster and having a wider movepool but this gen, Charizard has gained two mega evolutions that make it stronger than it once was. Mega Charizard X has balanced attacking stats but thanks to its ability Tough Claws, Charizard is a much better Physical attacker than Special. Tough Claws raises the attack of claw moves and since charizard has access to Dragon Claw, it makes use of this ability pretty well.

Blastoise @ Assault Vest
EV's : 252 HP, 252 def, 4 sp. def
Torrent - Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Scald
Even with a mega evolution, Blastoise is rarely used. The only reason Blastoise is used over other bulky water types is because of its access to Rapid Spin, Tentacruel is more commonly used though since of its higher special defence, which is what the Assault Vest is for.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
EV's: 252 sp. atk, 252 spd, 4 sp. def
Compound Eyes - Timid
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
I like to lead of with my Galvantula to cripple the foes leading pokemon and then proceed to setting up Sticky Web. Galvantula is pretty frail so that's why my item of choice is a Focus Sash. It also has a almost perfect accuracy Thunder thanks to Compound Eyes which is pretty nice too :)

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EV's: 252 HP, 252 atk, 4 def
Stance Change - Adamant
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
Aegislash is used on my team to stop Rapid Spinners and also to provide coverage for my team. I needed both a steel and a fighting type move on my team and didn't want to remove any move from my other pokemon's movesets. That's why Aegislash has both Sacred Sword and Iron Head. The Weakness Policy boosts its attacks like Swords Dance would do but only works the once but still Aegislash is pretty powerful even without the boost.

Togekiss @ Life Orb
EV's: 252 sp. atk, 252 spd, 4 HP
Serene Grace - Timid
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
The star of my team! This is why I have Galvantula to set up Sticky Webs and Paralysis. I always wanted to use Togekiss and let me just say it is amazing! 60% chance to flinch plus Paralysis is pretty nice. Unfortunately Togekiss has some weaknesses. Lucario or other pokemon with Steadfast and pokemon with Choice Scarves but still people must be cautious when playing against Togekiss.

So how is my team? I probably sound pretty terrible but I'm really looking forward from hearing from all of you (If anyone looks at this post that is :D )

Last edited:
Hello there!

First of all, your team has a little weakness to Rock. However, I wouldn't worry too much as the Rock-type isn't very prominent in OU, but it is something you need to watch out for.

Yes, you should change that to Dragon Claw. With all these Fairys running around in OU now it's probably best not to risk it. You could also try replacing Flare Blitz with Fire Punch, as you get no recoil. However, this is completely up to personal preference.

I'm not too sure about the AV on Blastoise. I've never seen it before, and that's probably for a reason. However, it doesn't hurt to try out new things; that's kind of why I'm a bit iffy about it - it hasn't really been tried before.

I'm not too sure about Life Orb on Togekiss either. If you're running a T-Wave + Air Slash Paraflinch combo, then you want it to be more on the bulky side, rather then the offensive. That's why I suggest giving it Leftovers then Life Orb. Just as a side-note, you may want to show the EVs you gave for each Pokemon. EVs are a very important part of battling, and it's helpful if we know what they are so we can help you out on that aspect as well.

Otherwise, this is a really well balanced team. I wish you good luck with it!

Thanks Kangaaroo! I was just adding EV's to the post when you commented. At first I was going to use a bulky Togekiss but I watched this video on youtube when Mulvone19 was using a mono - fairy team and has a timid Togekiss and decided to try it.

Hello there. Pretty solid team here. I do have a few suggestions that could help this team. First, Physical Aegislash is walled by Mandibuzz and could OHKO you once you get the WP boost. You're better off running Mixed Aegislash over Physical as it turns Aegislash into a potent wallbreaker. If you want to stay with Physical Aegi, I'd suggest you give it Air Balloon so you can spinblock Excadrill at least once. And second, I'd say replace Assault Vest with Leftovers and Dark Pulse for Roar / Toxic on Blastoise. This gives Blastoise some recovery and allows him to take some pressure off Umbreon when it comes to tanking physical hits. I'd prefer Roar as it stops you from being setup fodder for sweepers.
Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there. In my opinion, your greatest weakness seems to be rock, like Kangaroo said. Along with rock weaknesses comes weaknesses to stealth rock, the worst thing to emerge from DPP since giant penguins with swords for hands.

Other than that, it's a pretty good team.

I would suggest replacing Blastoise with a faster rapid spinner like Starmie or a fast defogger like Crobat.

Suggested sets:
Starmie @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Nature : Timid
Hydro Pump/Surf| Psyshock/Psychic | Rapid Spin | Thunderbolt

Crobat @ Black Sludge | Infiltrator
Nature | Jolly
Defog | Brave Bird | Taunt | Super Fang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)