1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

My Preferred UU Team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by burnanator9, Oct 3, 2013.

1. burnanator9

burnanator9

Hi everyone! UU is my favorite tier, and this marvelous group of 6 Pokemon have gotten the most wins for me over time, and I just enjoy using them in general. However, I still feel like there could be some improvement in certain places, so feel free to suggest any changes!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Handy Man (Ambipom) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ Low Sweep
    ~ Double Hit
    ~ Payback

Ambipom is the main lead of this team. He's pretty fast and all of his moves get the boost from his Technician ability, which is why, say, Double Hit is there instead of Return. Fake Out is the move I tend to use the first turn this Ambipom is in the battle, whether it's the very first turn or later in the battle. However, some Pokemon are resistant to or immune to Fake Out, like Crobat (with Inner Focus) and Ghost, Rock, and Steel types. That's where Low Sweep and Payback come in: to provide coverage for the aforementioned types as well as Ice, Dark, or Psychic types. Also, the reason Double Hit is on this set, other than the Technician boost, is to eliminate the effects of potential Sturdy and Focus Sashes. Overall, Ambipom is a very good team member.

[​IMG]
    Beyblade (Hitmontop) (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Mach Punch
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Bulk Up

Hitmontop is the generic spinner of the team. Like Ambipom, he's a Technician user as well, even though I see more sets with Intimidate these days. The combination of Bulk Up and Technician has proven to be solid, especially when Pursuit is used to its full extent. I'm surprised I don't see Pursuit on more Hitmontop sets. Yes, I know it's not a very powerful move, but it gets the Technician boost and can provide some decent coverage, namely to ghost types that block his Rapid Spin. Mach Punch is another good move boosted by Technician, as it also receives STAB and has priority. Hitmontop's just a good Pokemon to have around as well.

[​IMG]
    Kerze (Chandelure) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Energy Ball

Chandelure serves two main purposes on this team: the main special sweeper and the spin blocker. Chandelures have monstrous Special Attack to begin with, but Calm Mind can make it nearly impossible for the opponent to live any hits. I chose Flamethrower over Fire Blast because I'm one of those players that prefers accuracy to power. His other STAB is Shadow Ball, which does pretty well against most Pokemon. Energy Ball is that random move that provides coverage against the random Swamperts that pop up not expecting Chandelure to carry it. I know Chandelure doesn't really have the raw speed to pull off a Calm Mind sweep effectively 100% of the time, but he usually tends to get the job done.

[​IMG]
    Umihebi (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    ~ Scald
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Recover
    ~ Mirror Coat

Milotic is the generic bulky water of the team. She is easily the best on this team when it comes to taking a hit. She can live just about any non-boosted hit and just Recover afterwards. She has a Bold nature as opposed to Calm because it's nice to have that extra physical bulk. And since her Special Defense is naturally pretty high, she can get away with Mirror Coat on unsuspected users of Electric and Grass type moves. Scald is on this set over Surf or Hydro Pump due to the chances of Burn, which can slowly deteriorate most foes. Most people would probably say that Suicune could do this job better, but Milotic gets it done, and that's all that matters to me.

[​IMG]
    Red Violet (Roserade) (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Extrasensory
    ~ Sleep Powder

This Roserade can be pretty interesting when it comes to Roserades. I don't really like how it takes multiple turns to get the full effect of Spikes and Toxic Spikes, both of which Roserade is commonly seen with, so I chose not to give her either attack. Sleep Powder is a less accurate alternative to Spore, which Roserade sadly can't have legally, but it gets the job done (when it hits). Giga Drain is on this set as opposed to the more powerful Energy Ball and Leaf Storm simply due to the fact that it restores some of the HP dealt, which is why I like Grass types. And every now and then, she'll get matched up against another Roserade, so she carries Extrasensory mostly to get a super effective hit off (and it also comes in handy against unsuspecting Fighting types). And Sludge Bomb's just her main STAB move against everything else.

[​IMG]
    Meister (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Rock Blast
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Megahorn

Rhyperior is the Stealth Rocker and occasional lead of the team (whenever I feel that he'd be more suitable to lead than Ambipom). He can take pretty much every non-boosted physical attack that comes his way, and he can hit very hard as well. Rock Blast is on this set instead of Rock Slide or Stone edge for a few reasons: it's more accurate, its multiple hits can break Sturdy and Focus Sashes if applicable, and (when it hits enough times) it can potentially be more powerful than both. Megahorn comes in handy against Psychic and Dark types (particularly Umbreon). There's not much more that I can say about Rhyperior except that he's a very solid (no pun intended) Pokemon.

And there you have it. I'm completely open to criticisms and suggestions for this team. I may not follow every little bit of advice given in this thread, but I'd still be grateful for any advice that can better my team. Thanks!
  2. Royalty

Royalty Change Is Coming
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Pretty decent looking team you have here but I'd like to make a few suggestions.

Ambipom: To prevent shaymin coming in and spamming seed flares to destroy your team, I suggest changing ambipom to crobat.

Crobat @BlackSludge | Inner Focus
    Taunt/Brave Bird/U-turn/Roost
    192Atk/176hp/136SpD/4SpDef Jolly Nature

Hitmontop: As you want to use a BU fighting type I suggest changing this to scrafty as it is a better BU poke.

Scrafty Leftovers | Shed Skin
    Bulk-Up/Crunch/Drain Punch/Rest
    252hp/200spdef/56atk/Careful

Chandelure: To maximize damage I suggest changing the set a bit on this thing.

Chandelure @LifeOrb | Flash Fire
    Fire Blast/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Pain Split, Sub or Calm Mind
    68hp/252SpAtk/184Spd/4SpDef Modest

Milotic: This is fine unless you want a rapid spinner. (blastoise)

Roserade: I respect the fact that you don't want to use hazards on this poke but I will recommend a different set:

Roserade @BlackSludge | Natural Cure
    Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain/Synthesis/Sleep Powder
    252hp/240SpDef/16SpD Calm

This will allow your team to take some more special hits and will give roserade more staying power to take out some nuisances to your team such as blastoise.

Rhyperior: Rhyperior is best when it can tank hits while using it's naturally high attack to threaten things out.

Rhyperior Leftovers | Solid Rock
    Stealth Rocks/Earthquake/Rock Blast/Roar, Megahorn, Dtail
    248hp/16atk/244SpDef Adamant

I didn't want to change too much to your main group of pokes but there could be some more changes, for instance your team is missing a scarfer.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)