1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My ridiculous sweeper team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by nerdyboy321123, Jun 11, 2012.

1. nerdyboy321123

nerdyboy321123

(just a preface, the general strategy for my team is switching in on to whichever pokemon is resistant to whatever my opponent has in, setting up, and sweeping. 4 of my pokemon are capable of setting up and sweeping by themselves, it'll be obvious which ones those are.)
    Also, Heracross is first here, but the pokemon online server has team reveal, so I switch to whatever I feel is best for the other team.

1. Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Sp, 4 def
    Nature: Jolly
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake

My favorite revenge killer. Faster or stronger than scarfed tyranitar, depending on nature. It's my go to lead if I don't know which pokemon they'll lead with, as it deals massive damage to just about everything. Guts over moxie because I usually have to switch him out after 1 kill. I'll take ev/nature suggestions, but I would prefer to keep this guy around.

2. Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP, 44 Atk, 212 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire punch

Sweeper #1, I like to switch into forretress, and really anything that's not ice or dragon type (and doesn't usually carry ice or dragon type moves, like politoed). Substitute because everybody uses toxic as soon as he comes out (He switches in on forretress a lot), so that blocks it, as well as pesky T-waves. DD for obvious set up move. Dragon Claw for STAB and lack of resistances, and fire punch pretty much for forretress, scizor, and metagross (steel types in general). HP Evs are just for bulk to make setting up easier. Major speed investment to outspeed salamence (dragon claw OHKOs).

3. Volcarona @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Modest
    Evs: 160 HP, 252 SpAtk, 96 Spd
    - Rest
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Quiver Dance

Sweeper #2. Volcarona's bulk lets it get off an easy 2-4 quiver dances before having to heal. Then I just chesto-rest and start sweeping. Fiery dance over fire blast because, like I said, I never have too much trouble setting up atleast two quiver dances, at which point it doesn't matter enough to sacrifice accuracy. Bug Buzz for STAB, HP investment to give bulk for setting up, it doesn't need too much speed, as it can and will take hits while setting up; Getting a quiver dance in before it gets attacked hardly makes a difference.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unnerve
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge

Somewhat different DD-tar set, modified to function to set up on Skarmory. Taunt is to stop skarmory whirlwinds, giving me multiple turns (atleast one free one, if it switches out) to DD while they poound away with Brave Bird. Can also set up on most anything that's not ice, water, or fighting. Unnerve because I don't want the sandstorm hurting my other pokemon. Obvious EV investments, as I really just want sheer power with this one.

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Immunity
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 Spd
    - Return
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Ice Punch

So, I'll answer the obvious question first. Immunity? Yes, immunity, because I get a free turn from people trying to toxic me in about 75% of games, and I essentially also have thick fat, because nobody ever uses fire/ice type moves on me, expecting that I do have thick fat. A sort of twisted Placebo effect. Anyways, atk and def investments for bulk and power, no speed because curse just kills it anyways. Ice punch because I need an ice type move. Same strategy as volcarona, curse up, chesto-rest, sweep. This is my weakest sweeper, so I'd be very open to alternate suggestions, even non-sweepers, my one requirement is they need to have an ice move.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 SpDef, 4 HP

- Protect
    - Toxic
    - EQ
    - Substitute

Of course, the obligatory toxic stall gliscor. This is really just because there are a couple pokemon that I can't switch any of my sweepers in on, namely terrakion, so a ridiculous physical wall is very helpful. Standard bulky gliscor, poison heal gives back 1/8th HP each turn. Protect to buy turns with which to heal, toxic for easy damage, EQ for more difficult, but better damage. Sub for more stalling power. I feel the EVs aren't optimized, I don't really know how to get them optimized, so help there would be good...

So, yeah, that's my team, I'm open to any suggestions, I'll be more stubborn about the first 3 pokes, more open about the last 3. I know my strategy isn't terribly... strategic, but it works ridiculously well, I just need a more solid team to back it up. Thanks all :)
  2. Gamein99

Gamein99

For Gliscor, maybe you should do this spread.
    252 Hp / 252 SpDef / 4 speed
    This gives you def natural, better hp for better hit taking, and spd to out run or tie other bulky Gliscor

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)