My Sandstorm Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is mi first RMT and I am not very well at English, so be tolerant please.
I know that I am using some "ubers" by smogon, but I think that without them Sandstorm team can´t be runned, so keep it.

Building Proces

I, of course, started with Tyranitar, Sandstorm opener. I decided to play him with some usable moves, which can stop other weather teams.

After that, I decided to pick there Excadrill, best abuser of Sandstorm, I think I don´t have to explain his power.

Now, I wanted to choose something else, who can usefuly use sandstorm and I think that this guy do it well.

Now, I had to do something with Water weaknesses, so I choose Gastrodon (of course with Storm Drain) to work against Water Pokémon. But it has a little problem, HP Grass of Politoed...

Now, I choosed Gliscor, against Close Combat, Earthquake, Grass moves and something like that.

Finally I choosed Alakazam as a Special Attacker. I wanted to play Magnezone (resist to Ice Beam, and STAB Electric attacks against water types), but Magnezone has low speed and 4x Weakness to Ground, which is not good in my team.

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Sandstream
Careful 252 HP 76 Atk 180 Sp.Def
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Brick Break

Usually I use him as Lead, he can use Pursuit to Ninetales and if there is Politoed he can be easily switched to Gastrodon without weather drop.

Excadrill @Air Balloon
Sand Rush
Adamant 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

I have on it Air Balloon against Earthquake which can be so devastating. I am using X-Scissor, because against problematic Grass Pokémon like Ludicolo.

Garchomp @Choice Band
Sand Veil
Jolly 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang

I run Fire Fang over Dragon Claw, because no one prepares for it. It can take out for example Bronzong, Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Gastrodon @Leftovers
Storm Drain
Calm 252 HP 4 Sp.Atk 252 Sp. Def
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover

Scald and Ice Beam can be very useful moves, I am using Toxic over Earth Power, because I find it in more situations as a better option.

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish 252 HP 216 Def 40 Spe
-Substitute (sometimes Protect)
-Swords Dance
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

Ice Fang waits for Dragons (some not-flying or levitating Dragons is better to eliminate with Earthquake, because even with weakness Ice Fang has 130 base power, but Earthquake 150) and Flying Pokémon, where is Earthquake useless, it can take out Salamence, Oponent´s Garchomp etc. Substitute is good for dancing if against me is some wall, but Protect is good for healing itself.

Alakazam @Focus Sash
Magic Guard
Timid 4 HP 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast

And finally my special attacker - Alakazam. He STAB Psychic, Shadow Ball for Ghost-types, Energy Ball for Water Pokémon that is hard to beat without him and Focus Blast against Steel-types, which resist other moves.

That was my team, please comment it and suscribe. Thanks

Sorry to say, but both Excadrill and Garchomp are banned in OU. This team is illegal.
You have to keep updated man. They're not banned in DW OU. Also, I could easily fight the ballot that Garchomp shouldn't be banned, but that would be a long tireless argument.

This team is actually well made. But what you seem to be lacking is something to sponge special attacks. What if your Gastrodon goes down against a rain team, and you are getting outplayed to the point where its hard to keep your Sand up? It becomes nearly impossible, as a Keldeo will rip apart your Tyranitar.

Change Alakazam to Scarf Shadow Tag Chandelure

Modest, Max Speed, Max Special Attack
Overheat
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting

Basically a hit and run Poke. Comes in for revenge kills or for the immunity of fighting. Against banded Terrakion, switch in on it and proceed to dominate it with Energy Ball.

Tyranitar is an excellent Special wall, you can keep it after this.

Why swap out Sash Alakazam for Scarf Chandelure when Alakazam can still revenge kill Keldeo? It can also kill off other major powerhouses like Excadrill as well. Personally, I think you should keep Alakazam, and replace Energy Ball with Hidden Power [Ice]. I find that being able to revenge things like Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp to be much preferable over beating out bulky Water-types.

I also suggest that for Excadrill, you give it a Chople Berry and replace X-Scissor with Aerial Ace, with the reasons being that I find being able to survive Mach Punch from Breloom, one of the most common mons, and OHKO it back to be superior than having more chances to set up. And Aerial Ace still OHKOs Ludicolo at +2.

You should also add more to the descriptions of your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)