ORAS OU My Second EVER Team - Feedback Please?

Greetings Reader!
This hyper offensive-ish team is the second team I've EVER built!
It may not be the best, but that's why I'm here.
Please let me know if there is any room for improvement. (I know, some of the Pokemon I chose are a bit odd, nevertheless let's get started.) Keep in mind this team is for fun/creativity not tryharding, so don't be too harsh.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE TEAM

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Defog

Here we have Crobat, an underrated and swift creature.
I chose Crobat because I wanted to use a brave-bird sweeper that's NOT actually a bird.
Also, I wanted Crobat to be the fastest mon on the field.
To achieve that, I invested 252 into his speed and another 252 into his attack to ABSOLUTELY destroy its opponent. 4 EVs went into HP because one health point can make a difference. Finally, Jolly Nature to, well, out-speed most Pokemanz.
Moving on, Crobat's moves provide great coverage and strength due to the Choice Band boost.
Defog is to delete hazards from the field; as I mentioned above, every health point matters!

>>>>>>>>>

Medicham (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

The second member is Mega Medicham, a Pokemon with the potential to sweep everything.
I went with Medicham-M because of one reason alone ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its Adamant Nature, along with Pure Power makes this mon a threat to ANYTHING.
HJK can neutral KO numerous mons.
Zen H. for STAB.
Bullet Punch because it has priority and coverage.
Ice Punch for EVEN more coverage.
Max EVs into attack for demolition purposes, 192 into HP to tank a couple of hits, and 64 into speed for a little pinch of extra speed.

>>>>>>>>>

Ginger (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave

This and the next Pokemon are my leads.
This pokemon is here to prevent setup and slow down physical BEASTS.
I ran Hex for when I burn my foes and Sludge Wave for its STAB and power.
I picked Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb because I really don't need to poison because I have W-O-W.
The Timid Nature and 252 Speed EVs are for out-speeds.
248 into SpA to increase its damage and 8 HP just for a bit of extra HP.
The sludge is to replenish health after every turn.

>>>>>>>>>

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

This fella is my part-time lead, full-time tank.
This guy has EVs invested into every defensive statistic to not be phased by anything!
252 HP EVs boosts his HP to 420(blaze it), 144 Def and 112 SpD to further boost his defenses
Impish upgrades his defenses EVEN FURTHER.
Earthquake is just so I have an attack. Its powerful and hits practically everything.
SR for extra bits of damage, Whirlwind to stop setup right in its tracks, and Slack Off to heal any wounds and last longer.
The leftovers are to replenish health after every turn.

>>>>>>>>>

Cinccinno @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- Knock Off

You guys are probably wondering, "Why Cinccinno?'
To answer your question, I built this time with a desire to use "weird" pokemon.
And this Pokemon meets the requirements.
I originally went with Malamar, but then the decision developed into this furball.
Surprisingly, Cinccinno is a BEAST!
Skill Link makes every multiple hit move hit its maximum amount.
So,I used every multiple hit move in its arsenal.
Knock Off is just there to release other Pokemons' items.
252 Spe and Atk to be a hard-hitting bugatti, and 4 Def for a little pinch of excess defense.
Lastly, Life Orb is to boost its attack.

>>>>>>>>>

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Scald
- Energy Ball

The last member of my team is Manaphy, yet another sweeper when boosted.
Manaphy will tear up obstacles with Tail Glow-boosted moves.
Scald for STAB and a chance at BURN.
Psychic to eat Venusaur alive and EB for pests like Rotom-W and Slowbro.
The Timid Nature and 252 Spe EVs allows Manaphy to let out a Tail Glow before getting attacked
252 SpA to further boosts its insane special attack (after TG) and 4 Def for some extra defense.
The leftovers are to replenish health after every turn.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my team.
Please take the time to lend me some feedback on what changes need to be made.
As you may remember from the beginning of the thread, I mentioned that this team is for fun/creativity so PLEASE don't be too harsh on critiquing.
Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

Alright bro, this seems to be a offensive build focused on sweeping with manaphy. Unfortunately, you've got two mons who are definitely outclassed and dont add much to your team.

Cincinno isn't even viable in RU, let alone OU. I'm gonna recommend you replace him with sash breloom. With spore breloom gives you a last minute check against a lot of set up sweepers. I'd recommend a technician set with Bullet Seed/Mach Punch/Swords Dance/Spore with max attack and speed as well as an adamant nature.

Crobat stacks poison types with gengar, which isn't a good thing in OU. I'm gonna recommend you replace it with PH gliscor. Every good team needs hazard control so I'm gonna recommend you run defog/roost/earthquake/fire fang. Fire Fang helps you deal with ferrothorn, which your team is weak to, and scizor, which is a major threat in this meta.
EVs should be 244 HP/ 8 Def /200 SpD/ 56 Spe.

Double Prio is the best set on megacham. HJK/Fake out/Bullet Punch/ Ice punch makes up for cham's mediocre speed and makes it a better revenge killer. On that same note, jolly megacham is also necessary; megacham doesn't have the bulk or raw speed stay to get away with adamant.

Finally, LO is usually better on gengar, which is too frail to take any hits even with black sludge recovery.

Hope I helped!

Crobat stacks poison types with gengar, which isn't a good thing in OU. I'm gonna recommend you replace it with PH gliscor. Every good team needs hazard control so I'm gonna recommend you run defog/roost/earthquake/fire fang. Fire Fang helps you deal with ferrothorn, which your team is weak to, and scizor, which is a major threat in this meta.
EVs should be 244 HP/ 8 Def /200 SpD/ 56 Spe.
Poison Heal + Defog is illegal on Gliscor, so that's not a set. :/

Poison Heal + Defog is illegal on Gliscor, so that's not a set. :/
dang it! I knew there was a reason I never used defog gliscor but I figured it was just bc I'm in love with SD 2 attacks. Since I was being a dumbass, you could replace the gliscor with a spdef zapdos. Heatwave still helps your matchup versus ferro and scizor. Defog is defog. Roost ensures reliable recovery and spdef investment lets you take on serperior and other special attackers. I'm on mobile rn so I can't paste the spread but it's prolly on smogdex. Sorry for the confusion lmao

Last edited:
dang it! I knew there was a reason I never used defog gliscor but I figured it was just bc I'm in love with SD 2 attacks. Since I was being a dumbass, you could replace the gliscor with a spdef zapdos. Heatwave still helps your matchup versus ferro and scizor. Defog is defog. Roost ensures reliable recovery and spdef investment lets you take on serperior and other special attackers. I'm on mobile rn so I can't paste the spread but it's prolly on smogdex. Sorry for the confusion lmao
Alright, thanks a ton for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)