1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Advance My second RSE

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by Bruno Magno, May 18, 2011.

1. Bruno Magno

Bruno Magno

Is my second RSE team, i've test it only 2 times. Is there a Threat List RSE? If there is link it to me, when i have enough time i'll write it
  2. shrapn3l

shrapn3l

Your team is kind of all over the place. It doesn't have very good synergy offensively and it can't fend off any threats at all, although Snorlax may have some trouble against you I suppose! However, if lead Salamence Dragon Dances 1 time it can wreck your entire team. The only thing you can do is Explode on it with Regirock... You can't really switch anything into CB Meteor Mashes from Metagross either, and Heracross kinda tears you a new one. Your main issue here is a lot of the pokemon on your team aren't really doing anything for you. Regirock + Aggron + Tyranitar work terribly together, since they all sort of fulfill similar roles and they all have the same weaknesses to water, ground, and fighting. Sceptile isn't a solid counter for much of ANY major threat, especially not without Leech Seed, and Hariyama isn't going to be countering much of anything either. Generally speaking, for an RSE team, you kind of need a bulky water, and Gorebyss isn't really cutting it for you, and it probably isn't getting any passes off with Zapdos or pretty much any strong attacker destroying it, or any phazer frightening it off, and it can't even Surf enemy Tyranitars and such. It's another Pokemon that isn't doing much of anything for you. Consider replacing some of your Pokemon (Aggron, Regirock, Gorebyss) with Pokemon that will give you a more solid defensive core (Skarmory, Forretress, Swampert, Milotic, etc). The best advice I can probably give you is to play the game. A lot. Enough to figure out what the major threats are and what movesets they have. ADV is nothing like B/W and has little in common with DPP.
  3. Bruno Magno

Bruno Magno

Aggron is really unuseful, it can paralyze 1-2 opponent but anyway sucks. Who can i use against Gengar, Salamence and Gyarados? Someone like Feraligatr with Ice Punch + Hydro Pump, or Milotic Toxic + Recover + Mirror Coat... is too difficult RSE D:
  4. 2sly4u

2sly4u

Don't run Smellingsalt on Aggron. The paralysis is more useful than the one-time extra power. Use Rock Slide for STAB instead.

Gorebyss is dead weight against any team with Haze, Taunt, or a shuffling move such as Roar, and most good teams have one of those moves. Either give it Surf or replace it.

You have way too much offensive pressure on Sceptile. He can outspeed and KO some common Waters, but if they survive, they can easily OHKO with Ice Beam. In particular, Suicune can easily take a Leaf Blade and KO back if Sceptile has taken the slightest amount of damage. After that, it's game over for the rest of your team except maybe Hariyama.

For that matter, Grass-types, especially ones with Brick Break or Earthquake, utterly decimate you. They can all KO T-Tar, Aggron, Gorebyss, and Regirock while crippling Hariyama with sleep and Sceptile with Paralysis. Same goes for fighting-types (especially the mighty Medicham), but they can just power their way through with Super-effective moves instead of using status.

Also, basically all of your pokemon only use Rock/Ground/Fighting moves, which is very redundant coverage. If Sceptile goes down or even just get paralyzed, a ton of pokemon have a field day with your team, and Skarmory can almost completely shut you down with some Wish support.

I'm no RSE expert, but any team with as much redundant type coverage as yours will face serious problems against a well prepared team. A ton of pokemon, mainly Fighting (No solid counters), Water(One counter), and Grass(One kinda-sorta counter) ones, completely destroy you. I would take Sceptile and T-Tar, who form a solid offensive core, and completely rebuild your team from scratch. Sorry.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)