my solid ou team

so its taken me about 6 months but i finally built a team that is simple awesome. it has alot of bulk that can also hit back. it took me a while to build this team cause i kept running into 2 problems: Gyrados and Dragonite. but i firmly think i have gotten past those problems with the subistitution of 1 pokemon which i will say when i get to him.

First up is my Lead infernape nicknamed "holy shit!":

Moves:
mach punch
Stone edge
fire blast
grass knot
EV's
252 Sp. Att.
24 Att
232 Speed
Item:
Choice band
Ability:
Blaze
Nature:
Mild(-def, +sp.att)

The first thing you might think when u see this infernape is probably one of these: lead ape without a sash? lead ape without rocks? max special attack with a choice band? i know, it seems weird but this infernape kicks ass. absolutely unpredictable moveset and you're not gonna be able to tell if this infernape has a band, a scarf, or evenn specs. the reason for the band is too make up for the fact that i wanted to max this apes Sp. Att., but have it with high att and speed. i coulda gone with a 128/252/128 EV spread but i just didnt like it. so with the band, this is what his stats look like:
375 Attack
337 Special Attack
310 Speed
not bad at all in my eyes. this ape is an excellent revenge killer and is simply unpredictable.

Zapdos NN "dick nose":

Moves:
T-bolt
HeatWave
toxic
roost
EV's
252 Sp.att
160 Sp. Def
96 HP
Ability:
Pressure
item:
Leftovers
Nature:
Modest

Among my favorite pokemon of all time, zapdos can always do anything i ask of it. the special defence is specifically for 2 pokes: Suicune and Heatran. we all know suicune likes to pack ice beam, and zapdos can become easy pray to a suicune bait trap. and heatran is just a bitch, and this zapdos has little trouble bringing him down. maxed sp. att means that this zapdos can potentially cripple anything that doesnt resist a stabbed T-Bolt. yes T-Taur is zapdos' mortal enemy, but another one of my pokes can wall T-taur to all hell all day long.

Forretress NN "SALAMENCE"

Moves:
Stealth rock
Explosion
rapid spin
Pain split
EV's
252 HP
252 Def
4 Sp. Def.
Item:
Leftoves
Ability:
Sturdy
nature:
impish

my physical wall forrestress. completely stops swampert and scizor out right. main job is to set up rocks and then get rid of the opponents. pretty standard set until you see the fourth move: pain split. i dont know why people don't use pain split forretress! its so damn awesome and compensates for the fact that forretress doesnt have a reliable healing move.

Jirachi NN "Bout2BMad!"

moves:
wish
ice punch
body slam
u-turn
EV's
252 HP
200 Def
56 Att
Item:
Leftoves
ability:
hax(serene grace)
nature:
impish

this was originally a dual screen jirachi. but this was where i ran into the problem known as dragonite and gyrados, which bothe loved to set up on a dual screen set. this set is too compliment the next poke on my team which i will give now and then come back to my rachi

Swampert NN "Elvis"

Moves:
Ice Punch
EQ
Protect
Toxic
EV's
252 HP
200 Special Defence
56 att
ability:
torrent
item: leftovers

this swampet/jirachi duo sounds so unlikely but hear me out. swampert can heal bar rest, which is why i have protect on here.(ps this was origionally a vaporeon, but t-taur gave me too many problems so this swampert also fives that). but jirachi can wish/u-turn pass it on to swampert, this keeping him healthy. swampert doesnt like grass moves, but jirachi can take grass knots ALL DAMN DAY if he wants too. jirachi doesnt like fire/ground moves, swampert couldnt care less. rachi doesnt like t-taur, swampert can kick t-taurs ass. u get the point. they both have ice punch so that they'll have something to hit gyrados with for neutral damage, and unless it's a bulky d-nite, ice punch will do over half from either of the 2.

finally my special wall, cresselia NN "La'Quisha"

moves:
calm mind
psycic
shadow ball
moonlight
EV's
252 sp. def
128 sp. att
128 HP
ability:
levitate
item:leftoves
nature:
bold

simply:cresselia is a beast. the sp. att investment is so that calm mind will help it after just 1 calm mind. cresselia is an absolute monster when it comes to bringing down gengar. i can't tell you how many times people will leave their gengar in only to get 1-shotted by an unboosted shadow ball. stops heatran pretty well, over all compliments my team

team record: 14-2-1
thank you :D

I've never seen an ape set like that, it really can work. I only see 1 problem. Stone edge is a 3/4 hit KO to blissey, and it can just wish or softboiled. Pain split seems a little unusual to me. With toxic spikes on fortress, it can really help take that bitch down barring they have rapid spin. Otherwise i really like the team!

I've never seen an ape set like that, it really can work. I only see 1 problem. Stone edge is a 3/4 hit KO to blissey, and it can just wish or softboiled. Pain split seems a little unusual to me. With toxic spikes on fortress, it can really help take that bitch down barring they have rapid spin. Otherwise i really like the team!
vacuum wave from a stabbed banded ape is more than enouph to 1hko blissey

vacuum wave from a stabbed banded ape is more than enouph to 1hko blissey
Vacuum Wave is special, so it doesn't get effected by Choice Band ._. There's no way it would kill. Also why have a choice band on a Special Pokemon.

It took a lot of effort to not troll this.

Vacuum Wave is special, so it doesn't get effected by Choice Band ._. There's no way it would kill. Also why have a choice band on a Special Pokemon.

It took a lot of effort to not troll this.
like i said forgot that vacuum wave is special, meant to put mach punch. thanks for not trolling lol

I was about to say vacuum wave is physical? I thought i was going a little dillusional. Anyways mach seems more logical . And on swampert i am wondering why he has ice punch. I see jirachi has it to deal with nite/salamence. Scald would prove much better with STAB and chance for burn. Also you have nothing to deal with a gliscor. Scald would take care of that and possibly outstall is he has stealth rocks so he can't have poison heal, useless when burned.

I was about to say vacuum wave is physical? I thought i was going a little dillusional. Anyways mach seems more logical . And on swampert i am wondering why he has ice punch. I see jirachi has it to deal with nite/salamence. Scald would prove much better with STAB and chance for burn. Also you have nothing to deal with a gliscor. Scald would take care of that and possibly outstall is he has stealth rocks so he can't have poison heal, useless when burned.
scald is 5th gen bro.....lol i hope u mean surf? and ya gliscor is shut down by swampert seeing that ice punch is 4x effective.......

LOL whoops, forgot this was 4th gen. Anyways, i did a calculation and it was a 2hko for ice punch on max def max hp gliscor(yeah i know he is a freakin wall! 4x weak and its a 2hko). he will roost after 1 and then he loses flying type, so its only 2x weak.

LOL whoops, forgot this was 4th gen. Anyways, i did a calculation and it was a 2hko for ice punch on max def max hp gliscor(yeah i know he is a freakin wall! 4x weak and its a 2hko). he will roost after 1 and then he loses flying type, so its only 2x weak.
swampert can poison gliscor.....

Toxic swampert isn't that bad, it can work well at outstalling stuff with its bulky set. Its not like a garchomp running toxic, now that would be gay, anyways lovin the team.

Nice team, Lucario says Hi to everything in your team because after a +4, ES OHKOes Infernape.
Yeah true but most of the time Lucario doesn't even get the chance to get at +4 (if you play correctly), since +2 is enough to ohko Infernape and most other team members. It really depends on the fourth slot: Crunch, Ice Punch or Stone Edge. If it has Crunch Zapdos can survive a + 2 and ko back with Heat Wave. If it has Ice Punch or Stone Edge you have to rely on Cress (if it still lives) and hope it does enough damage with Psychic so Infernape can kill it with Banded Mach Punch since it outspeed Lucario, meaning you have to sac someone which sucks so Lucario can really be troublesome.

For Jirachi I would go for Iron Head > Ice Punch since combined with Body Slam and Wish can be really annoying. You don't have to worry about Magnezone since you can U-turn out anyway.

Lastly there is Cress. The ev spread and nature etc. is okay but I would replace Shadow Ball for Hidden Power Fire/Fighting or Ground. Fire to hit Scizor who can trap you otherwise with Pursuit and laughs at you if you only have Psychic and Shadow Ball. Furthermore a Banded U-turn does a lot of damage, so with Cress you can outspeed Scizor and do alot with Hp Fire (don't know if it ko's). Hp Fighting is to hit steels who resist Psychic and also Dark types who are immune to psychic. Hp Ground is mainly for Tran.

Hope I helped you and good luck with your team.

Yeah true but most of the time Lucario doesn't even get the chance to get at +4 (if you play correctly), since +2 is enough to ohko Infernape and most other team members. It really depends on the fourth slot: Crunch, Ice Punch or Stone Edge. If it has Crunch Zapdos can survive a + 2 and ko back with Heat Wave. If it has Ice Punch or Stone Edge you have to rely on Cress (if it still lives) and hope it does enough damage with Psychic so Infernape can kill it with Banded Mach Punch since it outspeed Lucario, meaning you have to sac someone which sucks so Lucario can really be troublesome.

For Jirachi I would go for Iron Head > Ice Punch since combined with Body Slam and Wish can be really annoying. You don't have to worry about Magnezone since you can U-turn out anyway.

Lastly there is Cress. The ev spread and nature etc. is okay but I would replace Shadow Ball for Hidden Power Fire/Fighting or Ground. Fire to hit Scizor who can trap you otherwise with Pursuit and laughs at you if you only have Psychic and Shadow Ball. Furthermore a Banded U-turn does a lot of damage, so with Cress you can outspeed Scizor and do alot with Hp Fire (don't know if it ko's). Hp Fighting is to hit steels who resist Psychic and also Dark types who are immune to psychic. Hp Ground is mainly for Tran.

Hope I helped you and good luck with your team.
without shadow ball i dont have anything on my team to hit ghost types, and i already have 2 other special fire moves on the team, a 3rd seems redundant

Toxic swampert isn't that bad, it can work well at outstalling stuff with its bulky set. Its not like a garchomp running toxic, now that would be gay, anyways lovin the team.
toxic also prevents swampert from being crippled by rotom via a burn, as he can still toxic stall if burned.

toxic also prevents swampert from being crippled by rotom via a burn, as he can still toxic stall if burned.
Yeah but if you have Psychic + Shadow Ball, Ttar, Scizor and Luke say hi and just going to sweep your whole team. Hp Fightning might be a good option here since it hits Ttar 4x times effective who would trap you with pursuit and probably does more than you recover with moonlight so your opponent just has to wait for the crit to land.

Maybe you just want to try Vaporeon > Swampert just as you had before since it has Wish + Toxic and can deal with Ttar decently if it has something like Roar. I sometimes use a Roar Vaporeon and it really works well with entry hazard and wish. Although it means you probably don't have protect and toxic. Vaporeon also has Heall Bell so your team doesn't have to worry about status problems.
It might be a better option to give forretress toxic spikes so meaning not both Zapdos and Swampert need Toxic. You might want to go for something like payback on Forretress to hit Ghost types.
Hope I helped you!

I see one Main Problem with this team, and that's Infernape, you have it banded and it has 2 special attacks, I would suggest having a life orb instead as it allows diversity and still gives strength

Sorry but the Infernape set just doesn't make any sense at all. You're using Choice Band...with almost minimal attack investment, and only Mach Punch and Stone Edge as physical moves! Fire Blast and Grass Knot are also both absurdly weak without Life Orb. There are just so so many pokemon which would completely wall this, which is definitely not the point of a frail mixed wallbreaker like Infernape.

Apart from that, you have a major stall weakness even with Forretress, due to having no Rapid Spinner while opposing Skarm / Forretress set up completely for free on Jirachi / Cresselia / Swampert.

Gyarados is another major threat. Sets up pretty much whenever it wants on your team, can take out SpDef Zapdos easily after a small amount of residual damage, and goes straight through the rest of your team, including Swampert if the Gyara carries Taunt (which most do).
LO Starmie again, really should 6-0 you if played competently. Cressy / Jirachi / Zapdos can take one hit assuming they manage to come in safely, but after that you've got no way to outspeed it and nothing which isn't 2HKO'd.

Just some quick fixes, run the standard Stealth Rock set on Swampert. You get much more out of that than from Toxic (since nearly all of the things which like to come in on Swampert, such as Grass types with Natural Cure, Skarm + Forry etc, don't care much about it). This frees up Forretress to use its standard Rapid Spin / Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Payback set.

Infernape, definitely definitely change to a standard set with Life Orb. I'd recommend staying away from Nasty Plot / Swords Dance and running a physically based MixApe with U-turn to abuse your entry hazards. Check out the analysis on-site anyhow.

You need to change your Cresselia. In particular its moveset leaves it completely walled by Dark or Steel types, which are both very common. I really can't see that set sweeping against a well made team, ever. Plus, Moonlight is pretty poor in OU with Tyranitar on 20% of teams. I'd suggest trying a bulky Calm Mind Celebi in its place, covering your issues with Water types to a large extent, while keeping the same general role as Cressy.

Last thing, use a Choice Scarf Rotom-W over Zapdos. You really really need a spinblocker with a pretty bulky team reliant on entry hazards. It's also incredibly important on this team to add something with some speed to revenge kill Infernape / Starmie etc.

If you go with these changes I can guarantee they will help the team a lot. Try them out, if you have any more problems then be sure to update back here. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)