My suggestion for UU

We actually reduced the BL tier this week by moving a handful down to UU. I think this may be a good idea to continue with. By introducing a few BLs to UU, I think we will get a better idea of how they compete with the current UUs. Throwing them all in at once sounds like it would too chaotic.

For example, Scyther is still up for a bump into BL status. Steelix has now been made UU, so his presence may go some way towards minimizing the threat Scyther poses.

I like the process as it goes now, but I like Obi's idea better, because it does exactly what we should do: try out all of them and see which ones are broken. Your very example shows how slow and unpractical this can get: we move x down, and y up, which means z can potentially become broken, so let's move y down again to counter it, etc.

"Too chaotic" doesn't really strike me as a reason not to do it. Is this about "unrecognizable UU" again?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd suggest Uber to be called BOU (Banned Overused), BL to be called BUU (Banned Under Used) and the new tier between UU and NU to be called BNU (Banned Never Used).

Renaming tiers is likely to cause confusion. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Why do we need a BNU tier? Needing that implies:
- NU = the UU Pokemon of UU. Have we even decided that? I don't think we ever did, I thought it may as well be a power split from UU. Either way, if we are reforming UU, we do not even know what the outcome for NU would be.
- NU = a balanced metagame. Of course, this seems like a good option, but it could also be interpreted as the opposite of ubers: the weakest Pokemon instead of the strongest.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd be fine with a name change. There has never really been a large enough following for NU for that to cause any real confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)