My surprise team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post
This teams goal is to surprise and harass and it does that well
Be mindful I'm playing a cartridge game not showdown and I'm not putting EVs or IVs as I don't know how to on cartridge games

Spinda

Teeter Dance
Psychic
Hypnosis
Dizzy Punch

I can help myself he is amazing. as I usually play double battles teeter dance is a risk but it is useful coupled with Dunsparce (mentioned later). hypnosis effectively takes a pokemon out of battle for a few turns. Dizzy punch is the safer confusion move and STAB and physic is to fight ghost types

Dunsparce

Hidden Power (water)
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave
Endeavour

What can I say PARAFLINCH! Provided Dunsparce is supported until he can get
Very frustrating for opponents as they find themselves paralysed and flinching coupled with spindas confusion this is very fun for me, I also give him a bright powder to further lower my opponents chance of hitting. Hidden power water is to remove pesky ground types who can't be paralysed and endeavour is handy when I get to low HP

Weaville

Blizzard
Swords Dance
Night slash
Ice punch

Weaville is very fast and after the +1 from swords dance he really hurts with STAB ice punch, blizzard is useful as I fight in double battles as it is a STAB spread move, night slash has high critical hit ratio and is also STAB

Durant

X-scissor
Crunch
Hone claws
Iron head

Durant is the real surprise in this team with hustle his attack is increased for the cost of accuracy being lowered, hone claws saves this as it provides +1 to accuracy and attack after a hone claws boost Iron head 2HKOs even the bulkiest of pokemon Crunch and X-scissor are there for a bit of variety Durant for sure is the centre of this team

Whismicott

Encore
Leech Seed
Tailwind
Hurricane

Prankster, what can I say this guy destroys teams, leech seed slowly saps teams while encore locks them into a boosting move until they are KO'ed Tailwind gives a boost to this teams as Spinda and Dunsparce really appreciate the extra speed Hurricane prevents him from falling to taunt

Electivire

Thunderbolt
Discharge
Earthquake
Flamethrower

This guy is a new asset to the team and I am still working on his move set, any help will be appreciated with that. I figured I need a bit of coverage on this team as I has quite a few weaknesses, Earthquake and flamethrower are used often due and thunderbolt is STAB I am not sure what his other move should be though,

My team does look weak and frail but it actually works remarkably well, if you could please help me make changes but not be too mean that would be really nice thanks

Hi and welcome to Smogon.

I'm going to be perfectly frank with you: this team is awful. Ignoring natures, EVs, and IVs is a huge hinderance, one you could easily resolve with just a little bit of reading. Your team looks like a bunch of random Pokemon thrown together with no reasoning behind them. Nearly every other VGC team around is going to steam roll right through you as you lack resistances to very important types like Fighting and Fire. Also, your moveset choices are really poor; Weavile has absolutely no business using Blizzard or any Special Attack for that matter.

I would recommend that you read into Smogon's on site guides and analyses to get a firm understanding of the basics and learn what your opponents will commonly be using. You have a lot to learn ahead of you.

My team is supposed to look terrible, I have other teams that are more powerful, but I find this teams works much better than it looks, fighting types are a real problem though, so I much give Electivire a move to cripple them, thanks for the advice on weaville I will take that into consideration though, I'm thinking to switch him to a cloyster

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi and welcome to Smogon.

I'm going to be perfectly frank with you: this team is awful. Ignoring natures, EVs, and IVs is a huge hinderance, one you could easily resolve with just a little bit of reading. Your team looks like a bunch of random Pokemon thrown together with no reasoning behind them. Nearly every other VGC team around is going to steam roll right through you as you lack resistances to very important types like Fighting and Fire. Also, your moveset choices are really poor; Weavile has absolutely no business using Blizzard or any Special Attack for that matter.

I would recommend that you read into Smogon's on site guides and analyses to get a firm understanding of the basics and learn what your opponents will commonly be using. You have a lot to learn ahead of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)