1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 my take on a BP team

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by eric the espeon, Aug 13, 2007.

1. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is my first try at posting a team on smogon and I am trying to be original with the team concept of a BP team with more than one recipient

This is my take on a BP team but it has the advantage of not being so do or die as it has 4 recipients so if one gets KOed you can set up another and one of the recipients can baton pass what do you think of this team and do you think I should use espeon, vaploreon or umbreon?
    I need lots of help please

Ninjask@leftovers
    Careful. Evs 252hp/ 256 split between the defences[/FONT]
    Batton pass
    Swords dance
    Substitute
    Protect/double team/silver wind
    Speed passer. I think protect is the best option but I am not sure. Careful if I use protect, adamant if silver wind, otherwise timid/jolly.

Marowak@bone club
    Adamant. Evs 4HP/252attack/252 speed
    Bonemerang
    Rock slide
    Swords dance
    Double edge/focus punch/brick break
    Pass speed to this and there’s not much that can stop it. I think Double edge is best maybe focus punch

Gorebyss@leftovers/pinch berry
    Calm. Evs 252hp / 256 split between the defences
    Batton pass
    Iron defence
    Amnesia
    Rest/surf
    Almost the only thing that cans BP both defences reasonably well. If the opponent has a physical poke I will use Iron defence if special Amnesia then wishpass to it later

Mecham@leftovers[/FONT]
    Jolly. Evs: 252attack/252speed/4hp
    Focus punch/brick break
    Ice punch
    Thunder punch
    Batton pass
    BP sweeper with psudo bolt/beam. Focus punch is what I’ll probably use.

Metagross@leftovers
    Adamant. Evs 200hp/200attack/110speed
    Meteor mash
    explosion
    Pursuit
    Earthquake
    Last ditch attempt because it can’t BP.

Espeon@leftovers
    Modest. 252sp.attack/256 split between the defences
    Batton pass
    Wish
    Psychic
    calm mind/substitute/yawn/protect
    Wish passer/sp.sweeper. Not sure about last move possibly protect?

Or

Vaploreon@leftovers
    Bold. Evs 200hp/310 split between the defences
    Batton pass
    Wish
    Rest/sleep talk/ substitute/roar/surf /acid amour
    Rest/sleep talk/ substitute/roar/surf/acid amour
    Wish passer/tank. Could make it a rest talker but it wouldn’t do much else. roar and sub are good options to.

Or

Umbreon@ leftovers
    Calm/careful. Evs 252 HP/ 256 split between the defences
    Baton pass
    Mean look
    Moonlight/wish
    Toxic/protect/double team/snatch
    Wish passer/tank. Could pass snatch boosts has more defences than the other two

If its crap please say so nicely.
  2. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Okay, honestly the best way to do tihs is probably adding a Magneton in there. IMO the core should stay Ninjask, Marowak, and Metagross, as they can handle themselves should it fail. A good support Poke would to keep the Vaporeon, mainly with Baton Pass, Substitute and Wish+Surf. This way you help support the team out but can still pass along. Use a free space for Magneton, as they'll trap Skarmory, who's your #1 enemy as it's an easy switchin into Ninjask. After that, you're kind of weak at special walling, so a Snorlax can take advantage of the speed boost, Swords Dance, and a sub if it comes along.
  3. lute

lute

what is this for...

if its for netbattle File -> Export Text under team builder

but i see that your metagross has Zen headbutt, which is a D/P move..

so uh

yeah
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

aeroblacktyl
    so ure sugesting swiching Mecham and Gorebyss for snorlax and magneton, Mecham can go but i was kinda ikeing the idea of Gorebyss with 2 speed boosts it could work as a bit of a special wall with Amnesia. which set for magneton would be best?

lute
    its not for netbattle and sorry about the zen headbut thing i was looking at the wrong pokedex on serebii and have changed it now.
  5. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Well what good is said Gorebyss if a Skarmory or Suicune can just come in and Roar it away? The others have something more to do.

Also, if Gorebyss has to set up, it can't take special hits, as you'd have to take one before you can start boosting, and that might make it too late.

I'd just go with:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Metal Sound/Reflect
    Hidden Power Ice/Grass

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)