Gen 3 my take on a BP team

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is my first try at posting a team on smogon and I am trying to be original with the team concept of a BP team with more than one recipient

This is my take on a BP team but it has the advantage of not being so do or die as it has 4 recipients so if one gets KOed you can set up another and one of the recipients can baton pass what do you think of this team and do you think I should use espeon, vaploreon or umbreon?
I need lots of help please

Ninjask@leftovers
Careful. Evs 252hp/ 256 split between the defences[/FONT]
Batton pass
Swords dance
Substitute
Protect/double team/silver wind
Speed passer. I think protect is the best option but I am not sure. Careful if I use protect, adamant if silver wind, otherwise timid/jolly.

Marowak@bone club
Adamant. Evs 4HP/252attack/252 speed
Bonemerang
Rock slide
Swords dance
Double edge/focus punch/brick break
Pass speed to this and there’s not much that can stop it. I think Double edge is best maybe focus punch

Gorebyss@leftovers/pinch berry
Calm. Evs 252hp / 256 split between the defences
Batton pass
Iron defence
Amnesia
Rest/surf
Almost the only thing that cans BP both defences reasonably well. If the opponent has a physical poke I will use Iron defence if special Amnesia then wishpass to it later

Mecham@leftovers[/FONT]
Jolly. Evs: 252attack/252speed/4hp
Focus punch/brick break
Ice punch
Thunder punch
Batton pass
BP sweeper with psudo bolt/beam. Focus punch is what I’ll probably use.

Metagross@leftovers
Adamant. Evs 200hp/200attack/110speed
Meteor mash
explosion
Pursuit
Earthquake
Last ditch attempt because it can’t BP.

Espeon@leftovers
Modest. 252sp.attack/256 split between the defences
Batton pass
Wish
Psychic
calm mind/substitute/yawn/protect
Wish passer/sp.sweeper. Not sure about last move possibly protect?

Or

Vaploreon@leftovers
Bold. Evs 200hp/310 split between the defences
Batton pass
Wish
Rest/sleep talk/ substitute/roar/surf /acid amour
Rest/sleep talk/ substitute/roar/surf/acid amour
Wish passer/tank. Could make it a rest talker but it wouldn’t do much else. roar and sub are good options to.

Or

Umbreon@ leftovers
Calm/careful. Evs 252 HP/ 256 split between the defences
Baton pass
Mean look
Moonlight/wish
Toxic/protect/double team/snatch
Wish passer/tank. Could pass snatch boosts has more defences than the other two

If its crap please say so nicely.

Okay, honestly the best way to do tihs is probably adding a Magneton in there. IMO the core should stay Ninjask, Marowak, and Metagross, as they can handle themselves should it fail. A good support Poke would to keep the Vaporeon, mainly with Baton Pass, Substitute and Wish+Surf. This way you help support the team out but can still pass along. Use a free space for Magneton, as they'll trap Skarmory, who's your #1 enemy as it's an easy switchin into Ninjask. After that, you're kind of weak at special walling, so a Snorlax can take advantage of the speed boost, Swords Dance, and a sub if it comes along.

what is this for...

if its for netbattle File -> Export Text under team builder

but i see that your metagross has Zen headbutt, which is a D/P move..

so uh

yeah

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
aeroblacktyl
so ure sugesting swiching Mecham and Gorebyss for snorlax and magneton, Mecham can go but i was kinda ikeing the idea of Gorebyss with 2 speed boosts it could work as a bit of a special wall with Amnesia. which set for magneton would be best?

lute
its not for netbattle and sorry about the zen headbut thing i was looking at the wrong pokedex on serebii and have changed it now.

Well what good is said Gorebyss if a Skarmory or Suicune can just come in and Roar it away? The others have something more to do.

Also, if Gorebyss has to set up, it can't take special hits, as you'd have to take one before you can start boosting, and that might make it too late.

I'd just go with:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Metal Sound/Reflect
Hidden Power Ice/Grass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)