My team so far...

An RU team by a n00b.
Hello Smogen. This is my very first successful Pokemon team and to be honest, I am content with it. I welcome any concerns and criticisms. The story of my team goes far back, about a month ago. The details will be seen in my team building.

TEAM BUILDING:

Originally, my intention was to use Braviary as my main sweeper (of course, this changed.) I needed something to late game sweep, so I looked around smogen and found Ryhdon.

I soon decided to abandon Braviary and use Rydon as a sweeper instead.

Rydon, as we all know, is a powerful sweeper, however, he absorbs more special attacks then his ability Lightningrod absorbs, well, lightning, so I needed a special tank, and in came Munchlax.

Munchlax is a excellent Special wall that only physical attacks can take down. So, with him here, I need something to sponge the attacks neither of them loved. So I chose my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon, Mandibuzz.

I just want to say this off the bat, Mandibuzz is a monster, tanking every hit imaginable, even super effective thunderbolts and ice beams that can easily be roosted of. With my main sweeper and my walls, I need two additional sweepers for teh lolz, and decided on Bouffalant and Drapion. Boufflant could absorb those grass type moves, checking Tangrowth like a boss and Drapion just cuz I like him. Next I needed a spinblocker and a rapid spinner, and ultimately deiced on Sandslash.

With these guys together, and battling on Pokemon Online, I learned that my team lacked a Special attacker, but I didn't want to focus heavily on Special attacking since there really isn't anything in the tier that can tank my team. In my many battles, I have failed to properly use Drapion to his fullest potential, and decided it was best to remove him until I was ready to utilize him right. He has since been replaced with Rotom-C, and I couldn't be happier.

So yeah, there's my team and it's history...

Spotlight:

Sandslash(M)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 252Hp/252 Def
Move Set:
Earthquake- Standard stab move. Good for mauling other leads.

Stealth Rock- Always nice to Stealth Rock somebody. I tend to set up, Earthquake the enemies lead (Night Slash against Claydol) and the Rapid spin.

Rapid Spin- As a method to remove stealth rock AND set them up, always nice to have.

Night Slash- Against other leads that levitate, this is the move of choice. It deals nice damage, and with Earthquake, it provides perfect coverage.
Analysis: A decent wall, and a decent counter to most physical offensive threats, Sandslash can pretty much wall out and dent some pokes. However, normally he is the first to die or Bouffalant, but the normally serve there propose.

Rydon(F)
Item: Evolite
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252HP/252Atk
Move Set:
Rock Polish- The moment he enters the field, I Rock Polish. I tend to Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Rock Polish.

Stone Edge- Powerful STAB move. No remarks other than it hits what Earthquake does not.

Earthquake- Powerful STAB coverage. Always nice to have on a poke'.

Swords Dance: In the event that he can set up, I Swords dance oce or twice. Twice, he pretty much Ko's everything insight.
Analysis: My primary sweeper, Rhydon can pretty much take out anything that doesn't have a special attack. I can either switch him in to a physical attack, or have a pokemon die before him and have him come in. He may not initiate switches, but he sure can sweep when used right!

Munchlax(M)
Item: Evolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
EVs: 136Hp/124Atk/252Sp.D
Move Set:
Return- Basic stab option. Pretty Good one too.

Earthquake- A good coverage move.

Rest- To Replenish Hp of course.

Curse- Though he is a wall, Munchlax can counter pretty much every Special Sweeper there is. He comes in, takes a hit, curses, takes a hit, curses, takes a hit, rest/curses again the rest, takes more hits, wakes up, the returns/earthquakes. He checks the shit out of Magmortars.
Analysis: A poke that walls, AND sweeps, what? Basically anything with a special attack, Munchlax comes in and walls it like there is no tomorrow. The only REAL threat is Focus Blast, but he only takes about 40% or more at most. At which point he either takes another hit and Earthquakes/Returns, or Curse then Rest if he switches into a special move.

Rotom-C
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 120HP/252SpA/136Spd
Move Set:
Leaf Storm- A good, powerful STAB option.

Volt Switch- An easy switch option and seems like a good choice to fill in.

Will-o-Wisp: To be able to Toxic AND Burn is an wesome combination and allows for my walls to stall far better.

Pain Split- Always a handy dandy recovery option.
Analysis: The newest edition to the team, he serves his purpose as a glue awesomely. He takes water moves that the rest of the guys can't take and Leaf Storms them. My opponent most likely switches out, but I could care less as I go for a Will-O-Wisp. I have only used him in a few recent battles, but he has excellent synergy with my team. Ah, such a good poke.

Mandibuzz(F)
Ability: Big Pecks
Nature: Impish
Evs: 248HP/8Def/252SpD
Move Set:
Toxic- Effective stall option.

Taunt- Who tyrin' to set up on huh?

Roost- Give me dat HP!

Payback- OMG, this is such an effective move on a pokemon such as this. When she goes second, It normally does a bit more than 30% for nutral damage, and twice as much when super effective! A good move to use on this team.
Analysis: GOD such a WALL! She takes every hit imaginable. There are no such things as OHKOs in her book, as she tanks every super effective hit imaginable. Paralyzed, not an issue, as her payback only becomes more effective if she is slower, so nuts to you bro!

Bouffalant(M)
Ability: Sap Sipper (Leech Seed? Never herd of it!)
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252Atk/252Spd
Move Set:
Substitute- Never really use it. bouffalant comes in, and either he survives a hit or he doesn't. But hey, never know.

Head Charge- His signature STAB attack is signature for a reason!

Earthquake-Coverage.

Megahorn- Counters a lot of things if Head Charge and Earthquakes are rendered useless.
Analysis: Bouffalant, I fell I have yet to truly use him to his strengths. Normally, he comes in, attacks, dents, the dies. However, recently, with the addition to Rotom, I've been using him better, and honestly, I love using him. I have never seen him NOT 2HKO somebody.

Well, there is my team... Of course, comments, questions, and concerns are welcome.

Like the team. For Munchlax, I would replace Return for Body Slam, since you have a 30% chance for a ParaHax, which can allow Munchlax to out speed at times, which can help in getting off a crucial Rest. Also, for Mandibuzz, I'm a bit confused about an Impish nature with only 8 Defense EV's. You should give it a Calm nature if you want special bulk. Also, Brave Bird over Payback. Mandibuzz doesn't have garbage speed, and if a Payback does as much as you say it does, imagine what a Brave Bird would do. With Roost, you don't need to worry about recoil either. Overall, nice team.

Ah, i see. I use Return because whenever I send out Munchlax, I immediately curse 2 or 3 times, and at that point his speed is about 18, and he can OHKO pretty much everything save for a few other walls. And the Brave Bird idea sounds awesome, so I'm gonna try it out. I use an Impish nature to give her some extra defense EVs, so that she can sponge the hits Rhydon, Sandslash, and my main special wall Munclax can't handle. So in essence, she's a mixed wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)