1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My Team Sucks

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Ghetsis, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ghetsis

Ghetsis

So I am kinda new to Ou so I am not sure how a team should be so any suggestion is very appreciated. Here is my team:

[​IMG]

Machamp @ Lum Berry | No Guard
    EVs: 240 HP / 248 Att / 16 Sp.Def / 4 Spd | Adamant
    - Dynamic Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Payback
    - Bullet Punch
    Description: Machamp makes a perfect lead since is ability No Guard makes Dynamic Punch hit 100% and it will confuse the opposing lead. Bullet Punch allows it to finish off any Pokemon before it receives more damage. Payback is good if facing a faster stronger Pokemon while Ice Punch is for coverage.
    [​IMG]

Moltres @ Life Orb | Pressure
    EVs: 252 Sp.Att / 252 Spd / 4 Def | Timid
    - Fire Blast
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power-Grass
    - Roost
    Description: Fire Blast and Air Slash are crux. Hidden Power-Grass allows it to OHKO most Water-types or at least deal some decent damage. Roost allows it to survive longer.
    [​IMG]

Chansey @ Eviolite | Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd | Bold
    - Counter
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    Description: Counter allows Chansey to deal a lot of damage since it's huge HP. Seismic Toss is awesome always deals the same amount of damage regardless of types. Toxic allows her to wear down opposing walls. Wish is for healing her and he team-mates.
    [​IMG]

Gastrodon @ Leftovers | Strom Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Sp.Att | Sassy
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    Description: Earthquake is a crux STAB move. Ice Beam hits anything Earthquake doesn't. Toxic is also for wearing other out. Recover allows it to survive.
    [​IMG]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd | Impish
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect
    Description: Earthquake is a crux STAB move. Ice Fang takes out other Gliscor-s and Flying/Dragon types. Swords Dance turns it into a dangerous sweeper. Protect allows to to heal.

[​IMG]

Ferrothron @ Leftovers | Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Sp.Def / 88 Def | Relaxed
    - Power Whip
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    Description: Do I really need to explain?
  2. aDaTheCheat

aDaTheCheat

You should put a description about each moveset and why you chose the poke. Not only does it help out us raters, it also prevents your thread from being locked by a moderator. There is a whole rule set you should read before you edit this.
  3. forestflamerunner

forestflamerunner Ain't no rest for the wicked
    is a Pre-Contributor

You need to add descriptions to your sets. check out other threads to see what is expected. Also, if your new, you may want to consider Battle 101, Smogon's official tutoring program
  4. Ghetsis

Ghetsis

I added descriptions.
  5. mklo14

mklo14

Well for starters their are a few things to fix here.

Life orb>lum berry on machamp

It's acting as a lead, so it's meant to dent the team and die. Machamp can do that much more effectively with LO. If you don't want Lo though then give it leftovers, to combat sandstorm and hail damage.

Heatran>moltres

Don't use moltres, especially ESPECIALLY, since you have no rapid spinner. If they get SR up (and trust me most will) then he loses half health on switching in. Heatran is a reliable check to many problems, he maintains your FWG core, gives your team impressive defense against special attacks, and can help put up SR, and spread toxic.

Taunt>protect on gliscor

That little bit of healing you do with protect doesn't help to much in the long run. While taunt can force a switch, and let you SD up, and it also shuts down potential spikers, and SR setters, which without a spinner your team dislikes A LOT.

Overall: Your team is still going to need more work past what I have said. I would take the changes I suggested, and go play at LEAST 25 battles on a simulator, and really pay attention to what pokemon, or team types (weather, stall, Hyper offensive etc) shut down your team. Then post those problems here, or just figure out ways to help yourself. You've got a start here, but it'll take some work to make this into a trully competitive team !

Edit: and explain your ferrothorn. Don't just talk about your pokes moves, talk about their roles, what you like about em, what you dislike, if they are used a lot, etc etc. Go on for days about your pokemon, and strategy so WE can help you better. ( i shouldnt even rate this since you dont have ferro described, but I'll be nice this once...)
  6. Ghetsis

Ghetsis

thanks for your suggestion! I will try out the new team, and probably make a new and better post.
  7. Delko

Delko "ghost mod"
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Increase them a bit please. About 3 lines should suffice. "Do I really need to explain?" is not a description.

Welcome to Smogon.
  8. Ghetsis

Ghetsis

Well nevermind that now since I will take mklo's tips and then make a better RMT. Btw I live your icon...I wouldn't mind getting Assassinated my him. :3

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)