My very first RMT [UU Beta]

Hi guys. I have been playing Pokemon for quite a while now, but never made a RMT before, so please bear with me. Anyway, let's cut to the chase. I was heavily invested in NU back in Black/White (got as far as within the top 10 ranking); but since X/Y is still new and has not established a NU tier yet, I am giving UU a try ( I just can't stand them Rotom in OU). I'm having decent success with this team, but Latias and Knock Off users are giving me some troubles. I also have hard times breaking through walls and pivot. My team also has surprisingly weak to Fairy type, but I have not had much problem dealing with Gardervoid ( the only prominent Fairy I have run into in UU) thanks to Medicham. So without any further ado, I'll introduce my team.

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
This guy is just amazing. She hits like a truck. Pretty much there are few things that can switch into Medicham without taking a dent. I still don't understand why Mega Medicham hasn't been put in BL (she's certainly much more threatening than Mega Heracross to me, but that's just my opinion). Anyway, I run Adamant on this Medicham because I run double priority Fake Out + Bullet Punch. Drain Punch and Psycho Cut are for safe STAB ( I dislike the risky HJK). However, this Medicham got a huge problem - Latias. Latias resists both its STAB and takes little damage from the 2 priority. I am thinking about changing Fake Out to Ice Punch, but the temptation of cancelling a Focus Sash and safe Mega Evolving got the best of me. I need Bullet Punch to hit Mega Gardervoir (which speed ties with Medicham but it's too risky), so I can't change that to Ice Punch.

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Crunch
- Superpower
This here is my answer to Latias. Crunch + Draco Meteor make quick work of Latias, but the fact that it's slower than a max Spe EVs Latias could be troublesome ( though only the bulky version of Latias gives me trouble). Anyway, I am running a mixed set on this Hydreigon. It has that surprising factor to it. People like to switch Chansey/ Blissey in against a Hydreigon and I like to surprise them with that Superpower. U-turn is for scouting and gaining momentum.

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
The best way to deal with a Latias is to use fire against fire. This is pretty much the standard Calm Mind + Sub Latias. There are also many pokes in the UU that Latias can easily set up on, so Calm Mind works out pretty well. Dragon Pulse is for standard STAB, and Surf is for coverage. I have tried HP Fire but with the recent nerf, its power is just too weak and the super effective against steel type is negligible. Surf is more spam-able in most of my match ( when they run Fairy). I'm thinking about changing it to Thunderbolt, but then Latias could easily be walled by Excadrill.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Discharge
- Defog
My defog-er, my physical wall, my pivot. This is a standard bulky Zapdos with Defog. I was gonna use Tangrowth for a physical wall, but I needed something that can resist Fighting and also immune to Thunder Wave. The only trouble I have with Zapdos is that it can do nothing against a Latias ( if they switch one in) and could potentially be the downfall of my team if that Latias sets up properly.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SAtk / 160 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
This thing. I love this thing. Chansey/ Jellicent core is amazing, but I wanted to try something new and made it my special wall. It works surprisingly well with Zapdos. This is pretty much the standard Jellicent you would see from gen V, nothing new really. I also invested a few SAtk EVs to prevent Latias ( my most dreaded enemy, if you haven't guessed by now) from setting up on my team.

Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder
- Infestation
This thing here. This thing. Oh god I hated dealing with Jumpluff back in gen V NU. But it is amazingly good. A nuisance to deal with. I used to run Scolipede with Medicham to set up, but the combo got very predictable and people easily counter it. Anyway, I changed into Jumpluff to deal with the massive Spore/ Sleep Powder/ Leech Seed users in the tier, and get back at them. This here is pretty similar to what it used to be in gen V, with me changing Acrobatics to Infestation (that trap + leech seed is very annoying).
Conclusion: Overall, my team has trouble switching into Fairy type attacks, and still has problems killing Latias. I also don't have any fast/ scarf Pokemon that could ensure a safe sweep, so please help me with that. Zapdos is doing pretty badly since it gets set up upon easily by Calm Minders. Any suggestion is welcome and thank you so much for your time.

Cool team! Just a few points.
1. Medicham is also walled silly by slowbro who can burn you easily. Ice punchbis better in place of psycho cut. Youre still walled by slowbro but oh well...
2. Change hydreigon to a mikd nature not naive it has the ability to switch in on resisted water and electric attacks.

More to come later on..

Well a few quick thoughts, Hydreigon already can kill latias with one Draco Meteor if its Maxed out in SpA. And since you already have a physical attacker with Medicham, it would make sense to invest in SpA. So you have the option of running scarf to outrun max speed latias, or White Herb to get its -2 after Draco to a -0. I would say scarf since White Herb just sucks. Thats about it since this is a pretty good team.

I thought this was for BW other teams......
Please refrain from bumping a 3 month old RMT just to state an obvious fact, especially when this has been left alone for such a length of time. Also in January this was still "Other Teams" so stop trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)