1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My VGC double team

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Phatboy, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Phatboy

Phatboy

Ok, Im new here, and Im not sure Im doing this right but here goes.

This is my team. Feel free to give me suggestions please.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    Timid
    Ivs: 31 in all stats but ATK
    Ev spread: 252 sp.atk/ 252 spd/ rest in hp
    Heat wave
    Solar beam
    Air slash
    Protect/ Fire spin/ Focus blast

So heres my weather pokemon, sets weather in my control. One of my favorites, and I want to use my favorites. Very strong. Heat wave to hit both opponents, and boosted by stab and drought. Solar beam to hit water, rock, etc. Air slash for decent flying stab. The 4th slot is tricky. Protect is great, Fire spin does 1/8th of hp in sun I think, and traps an opponent from switching, and Focus blast because its kinda good.

Greninja @ Life orb
    Timid
    Protean
    Ivs: 31 in all stats but ATK
    Ev spread: 252 sp.atk/ 252 spd/ rest in hp
    Mat block
    Taunt/ surf/ blizzard/ a good move
    Grass knot/ a good move
    a good move

Now I love frogs, and when Froakie came out, I choose it for sure, then Greninja came, and I'v used it on all my teams. Mat block works as a double Protect. Now this gets difficult. Taunt wrecks pokemon like Klefki and trick room/ tailwind,but I could be wrecked by fightings. Since Drought lasts 5 turns, Surf is a thought of choice, hits both opponents but also my ally. I thought of Blizzard because ice is very offensive and hits both opponents with a 110 stab ice move because of protean, but can leave me vulnerable to fightings too. Maybe theres another good move I haven't thought of? I think Grass knot could do well on Greninja, kills waters. I'm not sure of the final move.

Bisharp @ lum berry/ a better item?
    Adament
    Defiant
    Ivs: 31 in all stats but sp.atk
    ev spread: 172 hp, 252 atk, rest in speed
    Sucker punch
    Swords dance
    Iron head
    Night slash

Now Bisharp has always been tight. Now its a very potent Aegislash/Mega Gengar killer. Sucker punch for strong priority stab. Swords dance to boost that already amazing attack, and can be used while Greninja uses Mat block, Iron head for great steel stab, and Night slash for additional stab in case I run out of Sucker punch.

Goodra @ Assist vest
    Sassy
    Hydration (wanted Gooey)
    Ivs: all 31 except speed
    ev spread: 252 hp/ 252 sp. atk/ rest in defence
    Dragon pulse
    Thunderbolt/ Fire blast/ a good coverage move
    Ice beam/ Blizzard (think it can learn it)/ something better?
    Power whip/ Rock slide/ something better maybe?

Now Goodra wasn't exactly a personal favorite at first, but I think it could be good. Sadly the 5 iv offspring of my two Gooey Sliggoo's resulted in a Hydration Goomy... but then I thought 'Maybe this can be a good rain counter?', so thats how I figured it. Dragon pulse because theres not much switching in Doubles. Thunderbolt for reliable water and flying killing. Fire blast because drought or when rain runs out and I roast 'em, or maybe a better move. Ice beam to either form BoltBeam, or give decent coverage to Fire blast. Same with Blizzard but power over accuracy. Power whip can be good to kill things that thunderbolt can't, or pair well with Fire blast. Rock slide for double hitting.

Klefki @ Light clay
    Bold
    Ivs: 31 in Hp, Def, Sp. Def, Speed
    Ev spread: 252 hp, 252 def, rest in Sp. def
    Light screen
    Reflect
    Torment/ Thunder wave
    Foul play

Klefki is pretty cool and I like its design, and I also heard it was good, so I choose it. Both screens for defences. Torment because it can mess up choice pokemon like Choice band Talonflame, or Thunder wave to lower speed, but I heard speed isn't so important in VGC so I'm not sure. Foul play to kill things and not be taunt bait.

Salamence @ (I'm not sure of an item)
    Jolly
    Intimidate
    Ivs: 31 in all stats but sp. atk
    Ev spread: 252 atk, 252 spd, rest in hp
    Earth quake
    Rock slide
    Protect
    Dragon claw

Now here's a great Pokemon. Intimidate was what made me choose it over Garchomp (originally I wanted to use Diggersby) Earth quake hits both opponents and misses Charizard if its on the field, Rock slide hits both opponents too, Protect is good, and Dragon claw for stab, and I don't get locked in and get beat by Fairies.

Well there you go everyone. Please help if you can, and any suggestions are good :)
  2. Ultimathunder

Ultimathunder

Hey man, I'd like to help you out.

First, this should be posted in the RMT section of the forums.
    Also, I think you should test it on the Pokemon Showdown! simulator.
    Also, all the moves should be listed before you post it there.

Good luck!
    Monache and Phatboy like this.
  3. Phatboy

Phatboy

Well I'm honestly not sure how to do either one of those, and If I broke a rule I'm sorry. I already trained these on my X, but I'm still ev training Bagon, then I need to train them to the right level, which I think is 50.
  4. Ultimathunder

Ultimathunder

Post it here.
    And just go to the teambuilder on PokemonShowdown, make your team there, then click on "Look for a battle" and you can fight other trainers.
    Phatboy likes this.
  5. Phatboy

Phatboy

I kinda typed this out on my Wii U, so how do I carry it over from here to the RMT place?
  6. Ultimathunder

Ultimathunder

O u gotta be on a computer. :/
    just Copy/Paste your post to the RMT forum.
  7. Phatboy

Phatboy

Alright, thank you. I'll try to do it tomorrow. any suggestions for me since your here?
  8. Arcticblast

Arcticblast
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

Ultimathunder is right - this thread belongs in the RMT forum. However, it's not quite up to the rules of that forum yet - the sets need to be complete. Send me a message when you've finished up the RMT and I can move it to that forum.
  9. Phatboy

Phatboy

Ok thank you for the help. I'll try to get it to you by tomorrow. I honestly can't decide on moves though and thats honesty why I posted so I could get some help on movesets, as well as other things.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)