SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

We talked about this a while back, but do we know anything more about the strange souvenir? With the mysterious pokemon and various other things revealed to us , does anyone have any new insights on the strange item? After looking at it, I cannot say it resembles the silhouetted pokemon very much, but its description alludes to a new region which could make it connected to the silhouette (if it's something new and not zygarde).

I've heard theories on how the face on the souvenir is the face of a mascot or legendary trio from a game not yet released.
"An ornament depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos."
So this is definitely a legendary, possibly something similar to Zygarde. Could this be the face of Zygarde's other form? But Zygarde is a Kalos Pokemon, which wouldn't make sense if the backpacker is from another region.

I've heard theories on how the face on the souvenir is the face of a mascot or legendary trio from a game not yet released.
"An ornament depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos."
So this is definitely a legendary, possibly something similar to Zygarde. Could this be the face of Zygarde's other form? But Zygarde is a Kalos Pokemon, which wouldn't make sense if the backpacker is from another region.
I think that it's definitely something new. If they made zygarde's other forms face look like that, it wouldn't be zygarde anymore. The souvenir however does look extremely humanoid, which would break from the general mold if it is a legendary.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well assuming the "New Pokemon" isn't just a new form and is actually a new species of Pokemon, let's first compare its silhouette with the Strange Souvenir:

So is there any relation? Not really. The SS's head doesn't have a crown nor the diamond on its head. So whatever the SS is I don't think its this new Pokemon which I highly think is just a new form.

If they're going to do anything with the SS they'd need to do so in the next game. Otherwise it's completely pointless and while I guess it does some world building I think we all could have predicted there are many other regions outside the few we knew all having new Pokemon we never seen before. And even if they do something with it in the next game, unless they'll allow us to carry items over, whatever it'll do won't really have any impact to the next gen (or whatever future gen this SS is hinting at) or we'll somehow get a Pokemon which would do something that'll unlock something in that game. Honestly I think we should just wait until the next game until discussion of the SS comes up again. As of right now its completely useless and there's nothing hinting at it having a greater purpose.

Yeah, it looks nothing like the Strange Souvenir, other than being humanoid. It doesn't appear to have that strange nose.

Other than Norman in Hoenn, where the f*** is your father in these games?
I don't know for sure, but I believed we talked about this a long while back. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that your dad (in kanto and jhoto) died in the pokemon war. That's what I assume. Or he's a master trainer off in some other region possibly, although I think your mother would have made mention of that somewhere along the line.

You think it could be a divorce...especially maybe with Kalos? You did just move in recently. Your mother was a celebrity athlete and you know how their marriages tend to (not) last. The Pokemon journey can even be a way to distract you from having to deal with it all. Don't forget how Professor Sycamore seems to be hitting on your mom (or at least I read that from the subtext of the letter you give your mom)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Other than Norman in Hoenn, where the f*** is your father in these games?
On a journey? I always thought the absence of the father was sort of a way to help the player put themselves into the shoes of the character. "Huh? But what about those who do have both their parents/only their father/no parents"? That's not what I meant. Your mother isn't filling the role of being your mother (she is, but in the term of the game that's not her main role), but rather just to have a guardian unit to give the player some positive motivation. She's there to approve you going on a journey and also providing you the first "heal spot" so you're ready to go once getting her approval and can start your journey. She's there so there's someone at your home you can go to to say they're proud of you and to rest up. Now in recent games they did start giving the mother her own character outside of the guardian role, but that doesn't change her being a person you can identify as the parental guardian which loves and support you. So where does not having a father come in? Well there's no need for two characters who do this. It would be the same if you only had a father, one grandparent, aunt, or uncle instead of a mother.

Here's what I said on this exact subject before:
Well, we know that Red has a dad that he personally knows as he mentions that his dad would like something in Celadon Department Store (I think it was a video game, but I can't remember). There are a few possibilities for why we don't see him:
1) He is separated from Red's mom, which includes divorce. (One possibility is that he lives in one of those buildings we can't access in Saffron City.)
2) He just always happens to be at work when you visit home (there isn't a day/night cycle in the Kanto games, plus you rarely see Norman home in the Hoenn games so who knows). As far as we know, he could be on a business trip during the events of the games we can visit Pallet Town in.
3) He is currently on his own Pokémon journey.

(My money is on the first two)

What about the other unknown fathers? Well, the above theories make sense in those cases as well, but since we don't get any real references to them, this adds a fourth possibility:
4) He is dead. (Ain't I a beacon of happiness?)
Also, I just came up with a fifth possibility:
5) All the unknown fathers are actually the same man and he has secret families all over the world.

I'll see if I can at least locate the topics and tell you what threads they are on, you can do the work of organizing the thing. But I might skip the first couple pages, at that time it wasn't very consistent. I'll get started sometime tomorrow.

I don't know for sure, but I believed we talked about this a long while back. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that your dad (in kanto and jhoto) died in the pokemon war. That's what I assume. Or he's a master trainer off in some other region possibly, although I think your mother would have made mention of that somewhere along the line.
Doesn't Kalos make some kind of joke about your father getting rammed by a Rhyhorn or something? Not the actual meaning, but I wonder if there's any meaning or connection to your mother's career as a Rhyhorn rider.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Doesn't Kalos make some kind of joke about your father getting rammed by a Rhyhorn or something? Not the actual meaning, but I wonder if there's any meaning or connection to your mother's career as a Rhyhorn rider.
Yeah, I think if you look at a picture in your house or maybe watch the TV it'll mention something about a guy being run over by a Rhyhorn Racer. I don't exactly remember what it was but for some reason after reading it I thought it was the story of how your parents met.

EDIT: Okay, as it turns out whenever you speak with your mom she says this:

"There was the time I couldn't stop at the finish line. Your dad was waiting there, and I sent him flying..."

And of course everyone on the message boards that reveal this info says your mom killed him. *sigh*

Yeah, I think if you look at a picture in your house or maybe watch the TV it'll mention something about a guy being run over by a Rhyhorn Racer. I don't exactly remember what it was but for some reason after reading it I thought it was the story of how your parents met.

EDIT: Okay, as it turns out whenever you speak with your mom she says this:

"There was the time I couldn't stop at the finish line. Your dad was waiting there, and I sent him flying..."

And of course everyone on the message boards that reveal this info says your mom killed him. *sigh*
I can't believe I missed that. Well, sounds like mystery solved there!

Also, after hours of grinding through pages upon pages of pokemon mysteries and conspiracies, I have finally created an index. I included most mysteries, but I left out a few extremely small ones. Also, I may have missed a few pages numbers( especially on mewtwo), so if someone feels inclined, they can go and double check these. The index hopefully will achieve its general goal of providing easy reference and lowering redundancies. Since it appears that Stage7_4 has not been very active lately, maybe a mod could place this index at the bottom of the first post of the thread. Here it is:

Below is an index providing the locations of different mysteries and conspiracies in this thread. Please check the index before making a post to insure that your idea has not already been voiced by someone else. However, if you have a new spin on an already covered mystery, please feel free to post it!

Breeding-2,3,5,6,12,13,23,27,31,32,39,40,41,42
Pokedex entries-1,10,27,28,33,34,35,42,47,48
Multiverse-14,15,22,23,24,25,31,36
Original Pokemon-5,6,7,23,33,35,38,39
Timeline-20,21,22,23,25,28,31,40
Darkrai killing girl- 1,43
Couriway rail station-2
Ghost girl-2,14,42,43
How is the pokemon world run(champions)-2,19,25,26,49
Pokemon as food-3,4,35
How do TMs work-3,4
Real animals-4
AZ's size/age-4,6,42
Multiple Legendaries-4,5,23
Pokemon war-6,43
Pokemon human relation-6,7,34,39
Stolen submarine-7,8
Deoxys-8,13,18,26,36
Tipping-8,9
Emma XY-9,30
Mirage island-9
Pokemon world tournament-9,10
evolution-11,12
Strange souvenir-12,31,50
Transportation-13,32
Genesect-13,31,46,48
Forces of nature-13
Pokeball-13
Lack of father-6,13,14,50
Route 14 spooky story-14
Malevolent Pokemon-15,16,17,34
Sea mauville-16,17,27,45
Pokemon champion-17
Looker-18,30,42
Weather-20
ORAS cameos-20
Super training-21,22
Mega evolution-23,24,29,33,36,37,47
N-24,30,45,46,47,48
Kyogre/groudon -24,25,34,36,37
Religion-26,27
Norman-27,33
Strange occurrences-30,36
Unown-31
Marowak-32,33,43
Zygarde-37,49,50
Mewtwo-38,41,42
Phoebe/grandma-40,43
Starters-43
Death-43,44,45,46,47
Ancient Pokemon-48,49
Mysterious pokemon-49,50

Last edited:
That's amazing! Great work! If you'd like, I could spruce it up a bit (Links to the pages, maybe some spacing, etc.) to make it look more inviting for those looking through it. =3

That's amazing! Great work! If you'd like, I could spruce it up a bit (Links to the pages, maybe some spacing, etc.) to make it look more inviting for those looking through it. =3
Yeah, go right ahead. I did it on my phone, so I can't exactly make it look nice, so if anyone else wants to edit it, go ahead!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)