SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Htf does hurricane, weather ball, (I think) and thunder have a 10% chance to pierce through protect/detect in primordial rain?
And before you say "because sometimes they're so powerful they can't be blocked" let me remind you that a lvl 1 castform (I think cast form can learn hurricane but I KNOW it can learn weather ball) and a lvl 1 manectric with a SPA REDUCING NATURE can use these in primordial rain and still have them go through protect/detect.

I found a couple of post Delta Episode Easter eggs involving the gym leaders and the Elite Four. All of them except Brawly and Glacia have a small event or humorous scene: Roxanne has a scene with the Fossil Maniac on Route 114, Wattson has the New Mauville sidequest, Flannery is found looking for Heatran in the Scorched Slab, Norman plays a role in the Eon Ticket, Winona can be found on the roof of Mauville City, Liza & Tate can be found on the fifth floor of the Lilycove Department Store, Wallace can be found participating in Pokemon Contests, Sidney is found at the Battle Maison, Phoebe is found at the summit of Mt. Pyre, and Drake is found on board the S.S. Tidal. Does anyone know if Brawly or Glacia have similar scenes? Because if they do, I haven't found them yet.

Htf does hurricane, weather ball, (I think) and thunder have a 10% chance to pierce through protect/detect in primordial rain?
And before you say "because sometimes they're so powerful they can't be blocked" let me remind you that a lvl 1 castform (I think cast form can learn hurricane but I KNOW it can learn weather ball) and a lvl 1 manectric with a SPA REDUCING NATURE can use these in primordial rain and still have them go through protect/detect.
It doesn't with Heavy Rain. In fact, the only time anything like this happened was in Diamond and Pearl, where a move that is given perfect accuracy through a move (like Mind Reader), weather (like Blizzard in Hail), or Ability (No Guard), it has a chance (100-move's regular accuracy%) to break through Protect. This wouldn't affect Weather Ball at all, plus this only applied to Diamond and Pearl. If you were playing Platinum onward, it would function the same as in any other situation.
The only differences between Heavy Rain and normal Rain is the duration and how it affects Fire-type moves. Well, that and Primordial Sea preventing any other weather move/ability (other than Desolate Land and Delta Stream) from activating.

A better mystery is when Sunny Day/Drought/Desolate Land activates during night. How does this work? And before you say the moon, it does say sunlight specifically.

I found a couple of post Delta Episode Easter eggs involving the gym leaders and the Elite Four. All of them except Brawly and Glacia have a small event or humorous scene: Roxanne has a scene with the Fossil Maniac on Route 114, Wattson has the New Mauville sidequest, Flannery is found looking for Heatran in the Scorched Slab, Norman plays a role in the Eon Ticket, Winona can be found on the roof of Mauville City, Liza & Tate can be found on the fifth floor of the Lilycove Department Store, Wallace can be found participating in Pokemon Contests, Sidney is found at the Battle Maison, Phoebe is found at the summit of Mt. Pyre, and Drake is found on board the S.S. Tidal. Does anyone know if Brawly or Glacia have similar scenes? Because if they do, I haven't found them yet.
U WOT M8? I remember Brawly having a cameo after you beast Lisia in a contest.

It doesn't with Heavy Rain. In fact, the only time anything like this happened was in Diamond and Pearl, where a move that is given perfect accuracy through a move (like Mind Reader), weather (like Blizzard in Hail), or Ability (No Guard), it has a chance (100-move's regular accuracy%) to break through Protect. This wouldn't affect Weather Ball at all, plus this only applied to Diamond and Pearl. If you were playing Platinum onward, it would function the same as in any other situation.
The only differences between Heavy Rain and normal Rain is the duration and how it affects Fire-type moves. Well, that and Primordial Sea preventing any other weather move/ability (other than Desolate Land and Delta Stream) from activating.

A better mystery is when Sunny Day/Drought/Desolate Land activates during night. How does this work? And before you say the moon, it does say sunlight specifically.
image.jpg

Well, moonlight IS sunlight since the moon is just a giant rock. All the moonlight is really reflected sunlight (even in the pokemon world, since the move moonlight powers up in harsh sunlight). But if the moon is off the table then I'd say either solar winds or starlight since every star is also a sun.

The Japanese direct translation for Sunny Day is Clear Sky.

As for how it boosts fire type moves, Based on the cutscene in Omega Ruby, I think it works by creating a miniature sun in the sky.
I assume that it i more of a Gameplay/Segregration thing...except for one special case that has me thinking that groudon is powerful enough to tidally lock the planet and have Hoenn face the Sun!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hurricane: Primordial Rain had whipped up a mighty strong storm with very high velocity winds. Hurricane just focuses that wind on the opponent so it'll be like they're in a middle of a wind tunnel being pummeled by strong winds from all sides.
Thunder: Everything is not just wet, it's probably drenched. The targeted Pokemon, the ground they're standing on, even the air is highly precipitated. Its not only the target of the Thunder getting shocked, but also everything in the immediate area around them and it's probably staying electrified for a while.

Weather Ball only becomes Water-type and doubles in Power, it doesn't get a chance to break Protect/Detect.

As for how a weak Pokemon can break a strong Pokemon's Protect/Detect, I'll admit anything come up with would be a flimsy excuse. Honestly for this one I'd just answer with it's just how the game mechanic works, you can ask the same question normally with a weak Pokemon using Feint lift a strong opponent's Protect/Detect? If you want the excuse, I'd say that the user needs to concentrate in order to keep the Protect active or be on guard with Detect with being bombarded with strong winds/shocked with electricity breaks their concentration. But, being it's still a move from a weak Pokemon, the actual damage it does is minimal, it just annoyed the Protect/Detect user enough for them to stop.

Oh right! I forgot about that scene with him and Chaz. That still leaves Glacia though. Does anyone know if she has some kind of scene like everyone else?
Hmm, I don't know, maybe Shoal Cave's icy caves? Looking online Glacia is mentioned to eat at Mauville's Food Court though no one has found her their.

As MetalKing1417 said, Sunny Day's original Japanese name is "Clear Sky". Of course that doesn't solve the mystery why it does what it does at night when clearly the effects are reflecting the sun being out.

I always assumed the Sunny Day the Pokemon fires a ball of light into the sky that clears it and acts like a mini-sun.
Drought is a bit more tricky, I would argue its the Pokemon itself that's creating the sun energy from its own body, clearing the sky and brightening up the area in the process.
Desolate Land I would argue is the moon. Moonlight is reflect sunlight, and I imagine Primal Groudon's power is so strong that it has enhances the sun's rays hitting the Earth so much that even the little light the moon reflects becomes intensified by a huge degree. And I want to note I'm not saying Primal Groudon is intensifying the light the Sun is giving off, I more think Primal Groudon is manipulating the planet's atmosphere causing any light from the sun to become hugely intensified.

As for how a weak Pokemon can break a strong Pokemon's Protect/Detect, I'll admit anything come up with would be a flimsy excuse. Honestly for this one I'd just answer with it's just how the game mechanic works, you can ask the same question normally with a weak Pokemon using Feint lift a strong opponent's Protect/Detect? If you want the excuse, I'd say that the user needs to concentrate in order to keep the Protect active or be on guard with Detect with being bombarded with strong winds/shocked with electricity breaks their concentration. But, being it's still a move from a weak Pokemon, the actual damage it does is minimal, it just annoyed the Protect/Detect user enough for them to stop.
Or it could be that the move just hit in just the right place to pierce through Protect/Detect. There is always weak spots in defenses that if you hit in just the right way, you will break through them. Look at plate armor. If you aim for the gaps between the plates, you will get to the gooey insides, if it you do little damage.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Found another Battle Frontier/Frontier Brain reference! You remember the scene which reveals Lisia and Wallace are related (for those curios, Lisia is the daughter of Wallace's older sister who had moved away from Sootopolis) and talking with her again will reveal some extra info. In one she mentions other trainers who are friends of her uncle. One is a man who likes stones (Steven) and another is "that trainer who looks like a star". A very vague reference and description, but with some thinking you'll realize this trainer is:

Tucker (its a bit more easier to figure out in Japan as his Japanese title is Dome Superstar)!

So so far the Battle Frontier reference count is as so:

1. Battle Tower model at Battle Resort which mentions the Battle Frontier project.
2. A guy in the Battle Maison mentions working for Scott and having found the Frontier Brain for the Battle Pike.
3. Nearby there's a female Delinquent who mentions having a Seviper, possibly hinting at her being Lucy.
4. Brandon had a PokeNav Plus show, having done a report on Volcanion.
5. After beating Lisia and Wallace in a Pokemon Contest, Lisia will mention a trainer who looks like a star, a possible reference to Tucker.

So that still leaves no mention of Noland, Greta, Spenser, and Anabel.

Found another Battle Frontier/Frontier Brain reference! You remember the scene which reveals Lisia and Wallace are related (for those curios, Lisia is the daughter of Wallace's older sister who had moved away from Sootopolis) and talking with her again will reveal some extra info. In one she mentions other trainers who are friends of her uncle. One is a man who likes stones (Steven) and another is "that trainer who looks like a star". A very vague reference and description, but with some thinking you'll realize this trainer is:

Tucker (its a bit more easier to figure out in Japan as his Japanese title is Dome Superstar)!

So so far the Battle Frontier reference count is as so:

1. Battle Tower model at Battle Resort which mentions the Battle Frontier project.
2. A guy in the Battle Maison mentions working for Scott and having found the Frontier Brain for the Battle Pike.
3. Nearby there's a female Delinquent who mentions having a Seviper, possibly hinting at her being Lucy.
4. Brandon had a PokeNav Plus show, having done a report on Volcanion.
5. After beating Lisia and Wallace in a Pokemon Contest, Lisia will mention a trainer who looks like a star, a possible reference to Tucker.

So that still leaves no mention of Noland, Greta, Spenser, and Anabel.
HOLY CRAP, Liberache is in pokemon?!??!!!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
New Mystery: The Chatelaine sister, how old are they? Because they don't seem to age between ORAS to XY even though these games are 5+ years apart (and we don't know how long it's been between Gen II/IV and Gen V, though enough time for Caitlin ) from one another. And though you can probably make an argument that Dana and Morgan wouldn't change appearance much, I'd think Nita and Evelyn would show some sign of having gotten older since they look like kids/teenagers.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
ORAS is in a alternate universe ... because it happens before Emerald but close to X/Y time
No, in the "Kalos War" timeline ORAS takes the place of the Gen III Hoenn games. Here's how the general timeline looks:

And honestly FRLF, HGSS, DPP, BW, and BW2 are only there to represent those stories happened (though the stories told in those specific games are in the timeline where the Kalos War didn't happen. All those game would need a remake in order to fit in order to have an actual representative in the Kalos War storyline).

New Mystery: The Chatelaine sister, how old are they? Because they don't seem to age between ORAS to XY even though these games are 5+ years apart (and we don't know how long it's been between Gen II/IV and Gen V, though enough time for Caitlin ) from one another. And though you can probably make an argument that Dana and Morgan wouldn't change appearance much, I'd think Nita and Evelyn would show some sign of having gotten older since they look like kids/teenagers.
Or go full anime characters don't age. It's a game after all. Also most anime chars end up being in perpetual age showcase even after aging unless they do a plot induced look change or cut their hair to look older.

ORAS is in a alternate universe ... because it happens before Emerald but close to X/Y time
Emerald doesn't take place after ORAS. It doesn't take place after Ruby and Sapphire. It takes place at the same time as it is an alternate version of those events.
Or go full anime characters don't age. It's a game after all. Also most anime chars end up being in perpetual age showcase even after aging unless they do a plot induced look change or cut their hair to look older.
Or they just age really well (I've said it before, I've known people who are 30, yet they haven't changed since they were 16).

No, in the "Kalos War" timeline ORAS takes the place of the Gen III Hoenn games. Here's how the general timeline looks:

And honestly FRLF, HGSS, DPP, BW, and BW2 are only there to represent those stories happened (though the stories told in those specific games are in the timeline where the Kalos War didn't happen. All those game would need a remake in order to fit in order to have an actual representative in the Kalos War storyline).
Kalos and Hoenn could just be on one side of PokeEarth and the other reigeons the other. Which is why the Kalos war isn't mentioned and there isn't any Mega Evolution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)