1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Name Changes

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by DittoCrow, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Currently, you can only change your forum nickname one time.

I think that this should be changed so that users will be able to get additional name changes. For example, some people who have been on Smogon for over 2 years want a new name, but have already used their name change in the first year. A possible solution to this would be to grant the users one name change every year.
  2. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

If you've been on Smogon over two years why would you want to change your name since by that point you would be recognized with your current name? Don't make a stupid name in the first place...
  3. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

...I've been on a forum that allowed name changes every 90 days.

Still pretty much a functional place.
  4. orbpom123

orbpom123

If your popular on the forums, why would you want to "re-invent" yourself?
  5. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

So have I. I left there for a bit and when I came back it was impossible to recognize a lot of former friends.
  6. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Constant name changes of every member of a site diminishes the community aspect.
  7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

name changes really shouldn't be taken lightly; you already have alts on irc/PO but we need the forums to provide a solid identification of people

if you're always changing your name then how will people be able to recognize you?

Besides, if your name is that shitty I think auth would be happy to change it, lol
  8. Chieliee

Chieliee

like mine?
  9. Tomahawk

Tomahawk woop woop woop
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

no more like little loven

and two or three max seems cool to me
  10. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

This same discussion has already took place in inside scoop and the outcome was that name changes are stupid and can only cause confusion, therefore we're going to limit them to just one change per user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)