Name Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, you can only change your forum nickname one time.

If you use up all of your name changes, you will be stuck with your final name; you will not be granted additional name changes.
I think that this should be changed so that users will be able to get additional name changes. For example, some people who have been on Smogon for over 2 years want a new name, but have already used their name change in the first year. A possible solution to this would be to grant the users one name change every year.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you've been on Smogon over two years why would you want to change your name since by that point you would be recognized with your current name? Don't make a stupid name in the first place...

If you've been on Smogon over two years why would you want to change your name since by that point you would be recognized with your current name? Don't make a stupid name in the first place...
...I've been on a forum that allowed name changes every 90 days.

Still pretty much a functional place.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
name changes really shouldn't be taken lightly; you already have alts on irc/PO but we need the forums to provide a solid identification of people

if you're always changing your name then how will people be able to recognize you?

Besides, if your name is that shitty I think auth would be happy to change it, lol

haunter

Banned deucer.
This same discussion has already took place in inside scoop and the outcome was that name changes are stupid and can only cause confusion, therefore we're going to limit them to just one change per user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)