Name kills

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
What if a game was developed to be two-fold, similar to what blue_light said but instead it would be split up entirely. The actions in one game would affect actions in the other and likewise. Each "mentor" would be paired up with an apprentice. The beginner half of the game would be a simple 2v1 with basic roles. These roles, however directly influence what happens in the Expert game. Like, for example, in the expert half of the game, a win condition could look something like this:

"You are allied with <Faction>. You win if <whatever>. Alternatively (or whatever) you win if your apprentice <kills, steals from, etc.> <USER or Role>."

Or something where if a wolf is killed in the other game you win.

Likewise, in the beginner game, if a beginner is able to pair another USER with that USER's mentor, they could potentially help their own mentor.

Essentially: Two games in one.

Of course that's just another idea.

This is completely offtopic but seeing all these new ideas (cf. Raikage's thread) one standard game slot could ba changed to an experimental game slot. As smogon mafia is currently in a change-filled innovative phase and some if not all these ideas deserve at least a try.

I think trying the concept is better than just speculating, as playing is more fun that speculating and after all mafia is about fun.

Edit to clarify: I mean having only 2 standard games at a time but if someone wanted to host an experimental game they could get to host it as a 3rd standard game thus passing the mighty standard queue. Might improve standard quality by little.

If you want to play 2 games then just make 2 games, there is very little reason to play "2 games in 1" and it's far too much a hassle for what it's worth. If there was a way to simplify it, it's plausible, though.

The idea of playing with aliases but no smogon names is probably the best way to avoid this. Saying it's not a "smogon game" anymore is just semantics, it works.

I was considering the two games in one idea a while back, based on the tv series Fringe which utilizes the idea of parallel universes, but yeah it's pretty much way too complicated.

Most nametargets happen on Night 0 and Night 1, and almost all namekills happen on Night 1. If Night 1 was made a kill-free night in addition to Night 0, the number of namekills would decrease. By the end of Night 1, teams almost always have some information better than names on which to base kills.

Then, to compensate, you'd have to have no lynched d1, or d1 and d2, but people could still share role pms starting d1. As much as that would decrease name kills, it would make for an incredibly boring early game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)