1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Name stolen?

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Plaid, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plaid

Plaid

So, suddenly PO is requesting a password when I try to enter any servers, which it never did before. As I never registered a password, I think somebody else might have registered my name. Help?

Or am I just missing something obvious?
  2. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, someone registered your name. There is no one to blame but yourself for not registering your nick. Let this also be a lesson to everyone else reading this to register your names.
  3. Plaid

Plaid

I was not aware that I was supposed to or that I could. O_o

So there isn't anything I can do about it now?
  4. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf

No, other than registering a new nick. Also may I ask what your username on the server was? It is the same as your forums nick?
  5. Plaid

Plaid

Yeah, the nick was "Plaid" and I was on both Smogon and PO server (only PO because nobody plays Ubers on Smogon).
  6. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf

Alt check on the user "Plaid" doesn't show anyone other than your nick, meaning I cannot track down who registered your name. Might as well make a new nick now and register it.
  7. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Since that's your forum name I'll reset the password for that account so you can register it again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)