Namh's art and stuff

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe I've mentioned before how you're getting closer to Genzo's quality for each passing day, and it still remains true. Although there's one thing for me to suggest, then there's:

I would take out the white outlines, and see what that does.
I wouldn't remove them. Highlights are a good thing, but only in the right places. In the case of Zor here, the moon is behind him and yet .... the highlights are on his front. Granted, the ground can reflect some of it back, but if the lighting is to work in that image, then you might as well remove the moonlight in the back altogether. Or to make Zor's front darker.

So yeah, use highlights more sparingly. All I'm saying.

your artwork is fucking epic. loving the kyurem forms, and for a long time i couldn't tell what that thing was in the water/ground pokemon but i then realized that it was bald and had to be quagsire.

realmente sos un genio....espero a ver mas :)

Thank you everybody for you comments and suggestions, I'm still learning and trying new things. Here's an Aggron I just finished, the client asked Aggron to be quadrupede.

Sure, just let me get off some pending commissions I have stuck and I'll do it :)

This is the lineart of a client's full team ( Will be colored soon). Hope you like it

I ask just 35 dlls in Full color Cel-Shading style or 45 in Full Color Render Style for a whole team. TRAINER INCLUDED! ;)

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Metagross looks like it's floating, is that intentional? Also I know Cress' hands are posed that way but it looks awkward translated into your super cool realistic style, just a thing to take note of.

I LOVE the trainer's design and the amount of detail you put on 'chomp and 'mence!

Yep, that was intentional :P Let's see how Cresselia's hands came out..

here's a pic of the wip :)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What is that thing to the left of Scizor? Looks like a lump of fur with claws sticking out of it, but I can't recall any Pokémon with such a feature...

I see a really strong emphasis with both the Salamence and the Garchomp so far. The details are bright and slick and it gives it sort of a cartoony realism.
Keep up the good work!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow, I'm really digging your concept art of Aggron! Why did Game Freak always force these mons to go bi-pedal smh.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i would like to request an avatar-size (150 pixels by 150 pixels and 30 KB) sceptile. really cool artwork!!!!!!

Wow, I'm really digging your concept art of Aggron! Why did Game Freak always force these mons to go bi-pedal smh.
Yep, Aggron should have followed the same path of Lairon..

--

pokemon0078 i would like to request an avatar-size (150 pixels by 150 pixels and 30 KB) sceptile. really cool artwork!!!!!!
I'm glad you like my stuff but I'm affraid I don't take that kind of request. These are the kind of request I take :)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Hmm... given that I find somewhere to properly print such a drawing, it would be a great possibility for a birthday gift.

I hope you're open year-round, 'cause my Pokémon-interested friends all have their birthdays in summer.

You'll probably hear from me some time, then.

Yep I'm available almost the whole year ^^

Here's the final picture.. Hope you like it.. ( and yep, the most of the mons are shiny ones..)

I may just start a cult following of you on this site.
My favourite has to be cresselia, oy unailed the textured effect and defined muscles whilst keeping it elegant.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS

Definitely one of the best pieces I've seen in a while

Most of these only take you 2 to 2-1/2 hours!? o _0 It took me 16 hours total over several days to just draw something in this league.

You're arts are incredible. I'm surprised you're not charging 50% or even double those prices. Although they actually look worth far more than that.

Question: How do you do that rock texture on the ground like for the drapion and aggron pics? Do you use a texture or draw it out with a brush type?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Totally awesome. Cresselia in particular, you just nailed it with physiology and textures on that one. Metagross is also wickedly cool.

Though, I kinda miss pupils in the eyes of the dragons. Perhaps a hint of retina can be seen in the upper left of Salamence's eye, and a pixel-sized dot in Garchomp's, but it's a little too vague and make them look blind at first glance.

Apart from these tiny details, my only nit-pick is that Garchomp's tail appears to be several metres long. It looks a little unnatural, and would have been weird if it had stood alone.

Again, though: Totally awesome.

Most of these only take you 2 to 2-1/2 hours!? o _0 It took me 16 hours total over several days to just draw something in this league.

You're arts are incredible. I'm surprised you're not charging 50% or even double those prices. Although they actually look worth far more than that.

Question: How do you do that rock texture on the ground like for the drapion and aggron pics? Do you use a texture or draw it out with a brush type?

I spend 2 to 2 n a half hour per character. I didn't draw the whole picture in two hours cuz there was several characters x)

For the ground sometimes I paint them and sometimes I use textures found at google and sometimes my own pictures :)

--

I'm so glad you like it my stuff ^^ that Cresselia was hard to draw.. specially for the rings or whatever.. >>

Here's a sketch.. non pokemon related.. it's for a paid commission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)