Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
to those of you who keep making statements about Liking Tobi back when he was laid back and funny, i only have one thing to say to you:
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE

those pictures where from 2011, during sakura con. Tobi was much better when he had his funny antics, But i suppose he was just stalling and having fun before putting his master plan into action

also i just realized this, but in all my posts so far, i forgot to say somewhere about how much i dont give a shit about sasuke. That guy and me, we have a serious problem. I have just had enough and am now sick and tired of him.

Now Itachi on the other hand is a completely different story, i actually like itachi.

For those who haven't seen this weeks/ the latest release, here is a link to it

I only read the manga (though I'll give the fan subbed anime a try if a good fight comes along), so most of my stuff would be in spoiler tags to likely not butthurt people who can't avert their eyes (which I'm too lazy to do). So I'll just go off generalities.

Suffice to say though, Itachi did his part well, though what's to stop Kabuto from re-initiating the technique again is beyond me; maybe Sasuke will barbeque him. Regardless, there's now only 2 major fights left to do; finish up Tobi/Naruto, then move onto the long-awaiting Naruto/Sasuke, in which I think Naruto is going to tear him a new hole personally. I mean, sure Sasuke has the eternal eyes, but Naruto now has full control over his tailed beast form as well as sage mode to even fall back on. Sasuke is fucked pretty much. I think they put way too much use into Susano personally, it went from being a defensive technique with some offensive capabilities into pretty much the only Uchiha fallback now; if something moves, Susano it. I personally wish they'd get back more into the fire jutsu.

As for Tobi, I'm more in the theory that he's a split soul (somehow) from the original Madara, much as how invisible man could use the one technique to split himself, though obviously in Tobi/Madara's case, it would be done differently, perhaps some yet to be named eye technique.
I'm just gonna put this whole damn thing in hide tags...
Dont worry, my biggest hope for this thread is that those of us that follow the manga and are up to date can have a place to discuss whats going on as new chapters are being released each week. Soon i will just add spoiler tags to the thread title and we wont have to be bothered to put things in hide tags.

the latest example of this would be the legend of korra thread. in its early stages we were using hide tags so not to spoil things, but now as the show is being discussed each week, the spoiler tag was put in the thread title and we no longer have to worry about putting each and every post in hide tags.

Now as far as what has just happened, and in general, i would have to say that i agree with shinryu on both his posts, but what concerns me more isnt who will have more powers and abilities when Naruto and Sasuke meet, its if they will even fight to the point where we can have a decisive conclusion. So at this point i am not too bothered with who has more abilities. I mean, ffs, they've met and fought on more than one occasion now. I think we wont have a "fight to the death" kind of situation. we have seen many fights in the Naruto anime end in death, from minor characters to major ones, but the biggest one (naruto vs sasuke) i think wont share the same conclusion. I know naruto told Sasuke that he is willing to fight him to the death, that he has no problem killing sasuke in order to protect the village. Also we all know sasuke has expressed on more than one occasion that he too has no problem putting naruto into the grave so to speak, but i am more inclined to believe they will both meet, and come out of this war alive. What i'm more interested to know is if anyone supports the theory that they will team up in order to take Tobi down, then what? I'm sure sasuke isnt going to give up his plan for konoha until he is dead at this point. words wont stop him, naruto has tried and its part of the reason why thier previous meet ups didnt end so well. despite that fact, i still dont think one will die (like I've stated above)

Also the latest chapter was very interesting, despite the edo tensei being released, i dont think that the 5 kages are off the hook. I think Madara isnt going anywhere, which leads to my next thought; I have thought, and for some time now, that not all 5 kages will come out of the madara fight alive. That is why i think the release of the edo tensei wont be the end of that epic battle going on. Personally i think we will see some deaths of major characters before this war is over, and there arent a lot of fights left that would give any of the major characters a "proper send off". The madara fight would be one. I think they will have to defeat him without the help of itachi's actions, but in the process some will die. i am hoping just one. Of course this is all just me. Next chapter could reveal that the release of edo tensei did put an end to madara, who knows, but the mere fact that this weeks chapter showed all the ninjas brought back by edo tensei disappear at the end EXCEPT for madara.....well that only further fuels my prediction

and finally, about kabuto. Maybe its just my personal hopes here, but i think he will come out of this a changed person. he has to accept reality in order to escape izanami right? what would such a significant action on a person like him lead to? a great impact surely, but will that lead to him accepting more things? a chain reaction perhaps that will leave him a changed person and a good guy. although i would probably still hate him even if he became a good guy, and would hope they throw him in jail or do whatever it is they do to ninjas that have done that much damage. same goes for sasuke, i understand why he is doing what he is doing, but fuck, they better not welcome him back with open arms into the village at the end of this anime. Actually, he probably wouldn't ever want to part of konoha ever again.

I'm up to Episode 126 of Naruto.. so I should skip to Shippuden directly after episode 135?

Though I haven't seen Shippuden, I've heard pretty much all there is to hear about the plot. Though I'm the biggest sucker on God's green Earth for SasuSaku, I'm just not feeling Sasuke himself anymore. Dude's turned into an even bigger prick than before, if that's possible. Itachi did everything he did for the benefit of Konoha, and so Sasuke could have a decent life. I guess that means "kill everyone, i hate everyone, i'm a dick".

That being said, I really do hope it'll be a happy ending for everyone.

I love Naruto. It's pretty much the only show I watch on my own (as in, not lay down with nothing else to do as my sisters watch TV). I didn't watch all of it (I'm currently in the Itachi Pursuit arc or whatever it's called), but my brother did, so I know quite a lot. My favorite characters are Shikamaru and Temari (in no particular order... Shikamaru gets more screen time, so I guess he takes the cake), and I vote for Naruto + Hinata, simply because I'd really like to see Sakura ending up with Sai.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice thread dude, i've been wanting to talk about Naruto for a while now.

Naruto, Naruto, Naruto. At first I really liked Naruto when I started watching it initially, and then I REALLY became obsessed with it.(ugh) At one point I even got to a point where I couldn't stand it, but that changed when I started reading the manga (which made me love it again haha since I realized the anime is pure and utter shit). Now i've gotten to a point where i'm a fan of it, but nowhere near as entranced by it back in the day.

In my humble opinion, Naruto as a series is pretty good all things considered., It doesn't deserve the praise it gets from its hardcore fans but it also doesn't deserve the huge amount of hate it gets from its haters either. As a series, Part I of Naruto was amazing, there's nothing to dispute that. The fights were awesome, the overall arcs were good and kishi was good at handling his characters and story. (It was really all about Naruto, but he dressed it up so that it <i>looked</i> like other characters were important. Though to be fair, characters like Sasuke, Kakashi, Jiraiya/Tsunade/Orochimaru and a few others were pretty damn important too.

My favorite arc is in part 2 is the Chunin exam arc (surprise, surprise...) mainly due to the awesome confrontation between Gaara and Naruto. It seemed like people were STILL underestimating how much of a good fighter Naruto was at that point, but he managed to prove everyone wrong by:
-beating the shit out of Gaara when he was partially transformed.
-Summoning Gamabunta(sp?) and using that combo transformation Jutsu.
-Beating the shit of Gaara when he was fully transformed.

It was a happy day for us Naruto fans, but a sad day for Sasuke fans (hahaha). The end of Part I ended up being pretty stellar (Naruto lost to Sasuke by a hair...fuck) and it basically threw fans into a frenzy when Kishi announced a timeskip. Did I mention I fucking love timeskips? It keeps things fresh and its a good way of enhancing the characters in the story.

Part 2 rolls around and all pretenses are dropped however. It's literally all about Naruto, which didn't bother me in the slightest (i'll get more into that in a bit). Unfortunately Kishi's ability to write took a massive hit for some reason... I think it's because his editors let him do whatever he wanted? Anyway, the homecoming arc was pretty good (fuck yeah Akatsuki), but the Sai arc was gutter trash, and a quarter into Shippuden (technically Part II) you realize that Kishimoto fucked up Naruto's character growth. What did he learn in those 3 ears anyway? I guess he was better at using shadow clones and he got a bigger Rasengan, but ffs he was up against the Akatsuki and he was even worse at utilizing his Fox powers than before (how does that happen ?_?) Naruto didn't even get his dues when he learned the RasenShuriken because it actually crippled him after use!!! (though Sage mode fixes ALL of my above problems and makes everything right as rain)

I didn't really start liking Part II until the Pein arc (which was fucking awesome) and it may have been one of, if not THE best arc in all of Naruto if Kishi hadn't gotten cold feet and revived everybody that was killed by Pain. Everything leading up to the final confrontation with Pain was perfect. Jiraiya's sacrifice, the attack on the village. This was definitely Naruto at its peak for me (supposedly this was an arc the Kishimoto planned from the beginning). Naruto's return to Konoha while in sage mode was incredible. (Seriously, the atmosphere was perfect and Naruto's new cloak looked awesome.) Naruto's fight with Pain was a masterpiece (It's my all time favorite fight in the entire series.) It kind of slows down after Hinata kicks the bucket, but at least 9 tails tease was good. I really his conversation with his dad, and the ending sequence of the fight was great. That ending though... it was awful. Like Mass Effect 3 ending bad. Kishi managed to undo EVERYTHING that made this arc good (reviving everyone that died save Jiraiya, and redeeming Pain's character.) What in the flying fuck? He also turned Naruto into a hippie. Seriously, on the spur of the moment he starts spouting peace and understanding and manages to convince Pain that he isn't such a bad guy. Honestly, if you ignore this part of the arc, the Pain invasion is arc is really the high point in the series.

Anyway, I want to talk about Naruto's character. The very reason why I still read Naruto in the first place is because of Naruto himself. Naruto would not be Naruto without Naruto (I bet you can't say that 3 times without slipping up). From the very beginning to now, i've loved this character. His character history and backstory was extremely interesting, and there was something about his "typical shonen who's a dumbass but manages to surprise everyone" schtik that made me like him. His combat ability is just amazing, all of his fights are extremely entertaining to read... Seriously fuck the haters, his moveset is more varied than you give credit (especially current Naruto 0_0) and all of the best fights come from him. Surprisingly enough, Naruto is one of the few (maybe the only?) shonen character where his own manga goes through periods of time where it neglects to show him. Kishi has sidelined him dozens of times, and he himself admits it (in one of the comics he drew in one of the later volumes I think.) Sometimes I jokingly refer to Naruto as Sasuke, because for all intents and purposes its basically his manga half of the time. Speaking of Sasuke, I could devote an entire thread describing how I feel about him and how Kishi horribly, horribly botched his character, but i'll just summarize it. Sasuke went from being the cool rival (think Vegeta when he's NOT getting trolled) to the psychopathic avenger who doesn't even make sense half of the times. He's one of my main grievances with the manga right now (since he directly ends up harming Naruto's character due to latter's obsession with him) and he gets a lot of fights to himself. Scratch what I said earlier, Part II is all about Naruto AND Sasuke.

Back to Naruto though, I have to admit, his personality change was extremely annoying and it didn't sit right with me. (I want to the best BELIEVE it ---> I'm a peace keeper who wants to end all wars, and i'm madly in love with Sasuke.) He is downright obsessed with Sasuke, and it's completely unwarranted given the amount of time he spent with him (6months ~1 year tops?). He's even willing to give his life for him. Honestly at this point I wouldn't have minded if he was actually gay for him because very time he talks about Sasuke i feel shooting myself. Regardless, Naruto is still Naruto, a loveable dumbass and the #1 unpredictable knucklehead ninja. I devoted a good portion of my post to describing Naruto, but I also really like Killerbee (he's just a boss... and anyone who manages to make Sasuke look like an idiot is a friend of mine). The chemistry between Naruto and Killerbee is very good imo, and arguably even better than Naruto and Sasuke back in part I. Other than those 2, I don't really have any other favorite characters, but I do like most of the rookie 9 (save Sakura and Hinata) and most of the jonins. I also like Jiraiya, Kakashi (part I mostly) and Tsunade. I don't give a shit about pairing characters in Naruto, since Kishimoto is terrible at romance. Sakura, is a terrible, useless and offensive character and Hinata manages to be just as terrible (in her own way) so I couldn't really give a shit who Naruto ends up with. Hell at this point i'd be glad if Naruto just went out cruising with Killerbee and the 2 ended up becoming wingmen for each other and picking up chicks from around the world.

Oh yeah, Naruto is going to be Hokage (spoilers?!?!?)

PS: I'm officially recommending that everyone in this thread read One Piece if you haven't. If you're like me, exposure to the TERRIBLE One Piece 4kids anime have basically ruined the series as a whole. The large amount of chapters is intimidating too. I'll say this... try it. Seriously, try it from start to finish and you won't be disappointed, it's damn good. 4Kids did a terrible job at translating the anime (cutting characters, scenes, violence... EVERYTHING) and the dubbing is awful. I'm telling you this because I see a lot of myself in a good amount of posters in this thread, and you're this into Naruto then I can only imagine how much you would One Piece if you gave it a chance.

It's even better than Naruto.

Nice thread dude, i've been wanting to talk about Naruto for a while now.

I didn't really start liking Part II until the Pein arc (which was fucking awesome) and it may have been one of, if not THE best arc in all of Naruto if Kishi hadn't gotten cold feet and revived everybody that was killed by Pain. Everything leading up to the final confrontation with Pain was perfect. Jiraiya's sacrifice, the attack on the village. This was definitely Naruto at its peak for me (supposedly this was an arc the Kishimoto planned from the beginning). Naruto's return to Konoha while in sage mode was incredible. (Seriously, the atmosphere was perfect and Naruto's new cloak looked awesome.) Naruto's fight with Pain was a masterpiece (It's my all time favorite fight in the entire series.) It kind of slows down after Hinata kicks the bucket, but at least 9 tails tease was good. I really his conversation with his dad, and the ending sequence of the fight was great. That ending though... it was awful. Like Mass Effect 3 ending bad. Kishi managed to undo EVERYTHING that made this arc good (reviving everyone that died save Jiraiya, and redeeming Pain's character.) What in the flying fuck? He also turned Naruto into a hippie. Seriously, on the spur of the moment he starts spouting peace and understanding and manages to convince Pain that he isn't such a bad guy. Honestly, if you ignore this part of the arc, the Pain invasion is arc is really the high point in the series.
Favorite moment of part II. While the peace stuff comes out a little thick, I didn't mind Nagato going all softy at the end. The reviving everyone who died was total bullcrap though. At most, maybe to show Nagato turning over a new leaf, he should have revived everyone whose soul he stole using the outer path instead. Reviving everyone was too big an asspull. I mean Hinata still lived regardless (she was conscious when Naruto transformed). Kakashi sacrificed himself and got his "I'm gonna die, let me reflect on life moment" and it was said on at least two occasions that he was dead. And Kakashi hasn't done crap, since he's been alive anyway. He wasn't even that important for the story anyway, Kishi just couldn't kill him off.

Retrieve Gaara arc was alright (though Sakura hasn't done crap since then. When Team 7 even meets up again, she pretty much says she belongs in the kitchen and can't do anything and Naruto has to do everything.)

I thought the Sai arc was alright.

I thought Itachi plot-twist sucked, but it grew on me.

Already talked about pain.

Sasuke's becoming "darker" annoyed me. I thought he was still cool up to his fight with Itachi (in part II).

Naruto becoming uber-powerful annoyed me more. The story use to about working hard and achieving goals. But Naruto got so strong so fast with so little effort, and he didn't do crap over the timeskip. If it stopped at sage mode (which is still an asspull), I wouldn't have mind, but the ninetails stuff is dumb. And what happened to the "can't make shadow clones when using nine tail chakra" thing? Sage Naruto vs Sasuke would be pretty fair. Though I have a feeling Naruto is going to lose the fox, but the fox is going to eat him first so Naruto can absorb some of his power (no joke). If not, then there was NO REASON those two brothers should have been able to live in the nine tails stomach (nor would there have been a reason to even mention it).

But Kurama being nice pissed me off the most. At best, he should have been an anti-villain (always being imprisoned and stuff).

Sage of Six Paths stuff sort of annoys me only because it focuses the plot even more on Naruto and Sasuke. It also defeats the younger generation > older generation thing they had going. That and Madara kicking the crap out of the kages. I thought it would have been so badass if we had edo-Madara vs edo-Itachi and edo-Nagato! We would have kept the younger generation > older generation thing going and it would have been awesome!

So yeah. Part I was good. Part II up to the end of the pain fight was mixed. Part II since then (the war) has pretty much sucked.

EDIT: Apparently Hinata was never originally supposed to be a ninja. I think her stand against Pain would have been so much cooler if she had just grabbed a sword or something and tried to fight.

One Piece is even better than Dragon Ball IMO, but since we're here to talk about Naruto, here's what I think

For me, the manga (since I don't watch Shinppuden) went downhill when they grow up, it started cool, then came the, what I call, "Sasuchrist saga", everything was about Sasuke, and how he beat the crap out of the Akatsukis, got power ups up the ass, always survived against strongest opponents (the kages), and even killed Itachi!, which Kishimoto's excuse was "Itachi was weakened at the moment" but I don't remember if they ever explained why he was weakened

BUT THEN with the begin of the 'Zombie war' the manga recovered, and it started to be good again, everything was cool, until Madara show up, and don't get me wrong, Madara is a fucking badass (what I like about him is that, even if Naruto is pretty much Uber tier now, he still looks like an ant compared to Madara, which is nice for incoming battles), but why are the Uchihas always so terribly overpowered?, he's a goddamn monster, which maybe isn't that bad, a good final boss for once.
But then (again), the Uchiha brothers vs Kabuto fight came up, what a total dissapointment, suddenly Itachi is the only one who was able to escape from the Edo Tensei's control, and not only kick Kabuto's ass with a total overpowered and unfair technique (you can decide the future with your eyes now?, geez, what can you NOT do with the Sharingan?) but also stop the Edo tensei, saving everyone in the war, I hope that Madara don't 'die' from that, I want to see him destroying the kages, and fight Naruto and Sasuke togheter (after Naruto 'save' him, since Sasuke doesn't look like he's going to turn into a good guy anytime soon)

SO, while now the manga is good again, I really really really hate how much Kishimoto loves the Uchihas, and specially Itachi, yeah fine, the Uchihas and the Uzumakis were the most powerful clans in history, but geez, calm down a little, Itachi went from a cool powerful ninja to a really annoying character who is the incarnation of Deus Ex Machina, he's just too perfect, Sasuke is almost the same, but he's still not as good as his brother, Naruto went from a pathetic protagonist to a demigod, but at least he had a good character development, I can't say I like him now, but at least he's enjoyable.

Ninahaza

I agree that the uchiha are just OP, and kishimoto probably has a hard on for them, But you are giving sasuke too much credit. Sasuke would never have gotten to where he is (or even taken 3 steps for that matter) without the help of his team among others. The most notable example is the sasuke vs killer Bee fight where he got his ass handed to him within minutes of the fight, and would have died a painful death without Jugo and the rest of his ENTIRE team stepping in to save him. Even then, had killer bee really wanted, he would have ended all 4 of them that day.
here is the fight on youtube for reference.

also as far as i'm concerned, and i'm sure many others as well, it was PAINFULLY obvious at how much itachi was holding back during that fight with sasuke. i mean, all you had to do was take a look at his history and recorded abilities, then look at that fight. sickness or no sickness, had that been a fight itachi fully intended to see through, sasuke would never had stood a chance. The only thing that bothers me about that whole situation is how itachi came into the fight ready to die, making sure HE WAS going to die, all so sasuke could finally have peace and find some sort of conclusion to all his past troubled years. that was itachi's plan and he executed it nicely, a sacrifice well understood, but then Tobi had to go and ruin it all.

I'm not saying sasuke doesnt deserve some credit, i just think you are giving him too much credit. I also agree that the uchiha are over powered fucks, but personally i love that about them (or rather, about some of the uchiha clan members)

You know, one thing that still majorly bugs me now that we've seen what Madara can do, you have to wonder why Hashirama and his brother sucked so much vs the 3rd Hokage way back at the first arc? Orochimaru throwing those seals into their heads can't have killed off their combat abilities that much. Sure the manga was still in its infancy, but the amount of "power creep" does make you wonder how he did beat Madara. Personally I think we need a small gaiden chapter showing their fight, just to see how epic it was, as at their peak both are far stronger than any character shown so far.

I am a fan of Naruto as well, mostly got into it because almost all of my friends read it.

I personally don't think it's a hard-on for Uchiha, I think it's a hard-on for EYE TECHNIQUES because there's an endless stream of ideas there. There are probably hundreds of eye techniques Kishi's thought of in case he needs them later. Speaking of eyes, yeah, I agree with Ninahaza, I highly doubt Madara's going to disappear. Probably something about Tobi tying him to this world or something. I would think one of the kages is going to die, probably the Tsuchikage since they seem to tease that so much. I just hope it isn't the Mizukage, she's kind of cute. XD

AlphaOmega

VGC 2009 Juniors Champion
If the seal to end Kabuto's jutsu somehow isn't in his head, he might've written in on whatever Suigetsu found, too.

Ninahaza

last week naruto was on break, but this week its back.

here is a link to this weeks chapter

This chapter is one of those i feel will produce a big split between fans. one side will like it and one side will be very disappointed. there is no in-between i think. There's a lot in this chapter that i feel like talking about, but i dont have time at the moment. i will say this though, just for the madara turn of events alone in this chapter, i ended up very disappointed. I seriously feel like there is no longer any threat in this war. Tobi i feel is not really a threat until he manages to complete, and summon the 10 tails, and for that he would need to beat and capture naruta and killer bee (which just isnt going to happen now). the only real threats were madara and the edo tensie, especially madara. Madara and the prospect of the 10 tailed beast single-handedly summed up any kind of threat in this war for me, and to see how the chapter went about with him really left me baffled. now its just tobi vs EVERY.FUCKING.ONE.ELSE

I wont say tobi has sasuke on his side because we are talking about sasuke here, come on.

also with the Itachi/sasuke ending in this weeks chapter, do any of you feel like sasuke will change his mind about konoha? it doesnt have to be him going from "i'll destroy it" to "ok i guess i understand now, i will let it be". do you think that the ending and itachi's last words/flash back will change anything about sasuke and his plans?

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Ninahaza, I understand the dissappointment with the Madara fight, but honestly, Madara was a little overpowered and the way that they would have to defeat him otherwise (using a sealing jutsu) would have been massively anti-climactic compared to the fight that was going to happen. I think the way they did it where the action in Madara v 5 Kages never got big, there's no need for the dramatic ending to it.

Also, I certainly think Tobi by himself is a legitimate threat. How quickly we forget that the only person we've seen even land a punch on number one troll Tobi is the Yellow Flash. Everyone else has been consistently unable to deal with Tobi's spacetime jutsu. So, I think it's fair to put him by himself right now, especially when we haven't seen Tobi do any Offensive Ninjutsu. We don't know his full capabilities yet.

Also, of course Sasuke will reading rainbow realize the error of his ways. It's Naruto. Has there been a single villian yet that after facing off against Naruto was been able to come out of it without renouncing evil? I think Tobi will honestly be the first.

On Sasuke: I agree with ninahaza that he won't totally change, but will lessen his hate towards konoha at least a little.

On Madara: He's not done. maybe he's weakened, maybe he can't fight anymore, but he's not *done*. he posed so many question kishi still hasn't answered, and i feel like he'll stick around to tell us some stuff (susanoo, harashima fight, etc.)

Ninahaza

Also, I certainly think Tobi by himself is a legitimate threat. How quickly we forget that the only person we've seen even land a punch on number one troll Tobi is the Yellow Flash. Everyone else has been consistently unable to deal with Tobi's spacetime jutsu. So, I think it's fair to put him by himself right now, especially when we haven't seen Tobi do any Offensive Ninjutsu. We don't know his full capabilities yet.
The reason why i still dont consider him a threat, and do not put him along side with Madara and the 10 tails in this war is because:
1: yes he is the biggest troll ever, yes only one person has landed a punch on him so far, but that jutsu of his has a weakness, and ironically it is that one punch from the 4th hokage that you brought up that led to the realization of that weakness. Tobi can only be invincible with his spacetime jutsu IF he doesnt retaliate. The moment he decides to fight back, he becomes vulnerable to damage, and seeing as he has to FIGHT BACK now that his precious zombies are gone, His troll jutsu just went out the window. Lets also not forget that he is facing naruto, killer bee, kakashi and Gia. Tobi's threat is the potential for him to complete his plan, and for that he needs to defeat and capture both naruto and killer bee, and to do that he has to FIGHT BACK. Unlike Madara and the 10 tails, whose threat is that either one can just walk in and fuck you up. i mean, Madara going on a rampage, he could wipe out nationas if he wanted. the 5 kages from each village/nation couldnt even stop him ffs. he doesnt need to complete any plan to do the kind of damage that makes him a proper threat to ALL the nations

2: Also with the end of the edo tensie, it is now looking like its going to be Tobi vs the entire other side fighting this war, not just naruto, killer bee, kakashi and gia. I dont know how many people exactly are needed to be sent over to aid in the fight against tobi now that HQ can afford to send EVERYONE ELSE if they wished, but i think just the current 4 people fighting Tobi alone are enough. Just imagine if HQ sent over the 3 hokages that are still able to travel and fight (the old guy is out, and tsunade was vitally wounded) + some of naruto's friends over there to help, Tobi would be shitting bricks. He may have claimed to be Madara, but he is no Madara, and cannot take all of that action if HQ sent those guys over. However, even if Tobi WAS Madara, no one man can take on an entire army, no one man has ever single-handedly won a war. Tobi is going to either have to pull something out of his ass (and its going to have to be one very big something), or run for now.

Also, of course Sasuke will reading rainbow realize the error of his ways. It's Naruto. Has there been a single villian yet that after facing off against Naruto was been able to come out of it without renouncing evil? I think Tobi will honestly be the first.
To be fair, Sasuke has fought naruto many times already now, and at each battle naruto failed to "Change" him, let alone bring him back home to Konoha.

Naruto has also tried, man has he tried to change Sasuke. hell, the only thing he hasnt done yet is tell Sasuke that he loves him (like a brother of course). Even then, one can argue that naruto has done that. I mean, yes, he hasnt said those specific words, but he has poured his heart out to sasuke, "I love you" can be found somewhere in there i think

If the seal to end Kabuto's jutsu somehow isn't in his head, he might've written in on whatever Suigetsu found, too.
I recently came up with a theory on what that scroll that Suigetsu found may have contained actually.

Suigetsu was shocked that Orochimaru could even have "considered" something like this right? and what is on that scroll is "data" right? The writers of the manga even bothered to throw in that whatever was on that scroll could even be used to "gain control over this war".

My theory was that orochimaru had "considered" finding a way to improve his edo tensie technique, to actually make the people he brought back Permanently attached to this world once more, or at least not be able to vanish if edo tensie was broken, which would have eliminated his jutsu's one weakness. Bringing people back to life permanently would be shocking enough to warant Suigetsus reaction. This would also tie back into the war because it could explain why Madara would somehow have been able to stay behind even after the edo tensie was ended by Itachi (i came up with this theory before this weeks chapter).

as for the "data" part, the scroll could have contained data on how to make someone who was brought back from the dead with the edo tensie be able to stay permanently, as well as data on how to defeat such a person once he isnt tied down by the edo tensie anymore. That would also explain why that picture was ended with "this could be used to gain control of this war". If Madara stayed behind (or anyone else, for all we know, Suigetsu could have been assuming that all people brought back were now here for good), then the person in possession of that scroll would have the info needed to make a major impact on the war

One thing I don't understand is how did Harashima beat Madara several years back if he is this powerful? I mean shouldn't he have had Susanno and Amaterasu that time? But in the animated fight (revealed in Naruto Ultimate ninja storm generations), he only uses the Ninetails power when Susanno+Eternal Mangekyou woulda probably won him the fight. I know he did not die as he used some Inzanagi(or the other one I keep getting confused) to trick the First Hokage into making him think that he killed Madara. Anyhow, I like where naruto is going now, sad to see Itachi go but I prefer Sasuke when he's 'evil', and now that Itachi is gone hopefully he goes to kick some ass.

TheValkyries

To be fair, Sasuke has fought naruto many times already now, and at each battle naruto failed to "Change" him, let alone bring him back home to Konoha.

Naruto has also tried, man has he tried to change Sasuke. hell, the only thing he hasnt done yet is tell Sasuke that he loves him (like a brother of course). Even then, one can argue that naruto has done that. I mean, yes, he hasnt said those specific words, but he has poured his heart out to sasuke, "I love you" can be found somewhere in there i think
I'm gonna be a little dodgy and say "Well the Sasuke v Naruto arc hasn't ended yet, so of course Sasuke hasn't been changed yet." I feel like it's a big enough of a motif in Naruto that it is very unlikely that Sasuke will not renounce his evil/misguided hatred.

I mean, Zabuza, Haku, Neji, Gaara, and Pain were all converted to being good/better guys at the end of their arc. Hell, even the Nine Tails was converted to soft and fuzzy misunderstood creature from being the violent and destructive rage beast he was before. I feel like Sasuke turning will be the logical conclusion.

That said, I don't think Sasuke will ever actually return to the Leaf Village. I think Naruto is forced to kill him, and as Sasuke dies he renounces his hatred and evil.

One thing I don't understand is how did Harashima beat Madara several years back if he is this powerful? I mean shouldn't he have had Susanno and Amaterasu that time? But in the animated fight (revealed in Naruto Ultimate ninja storm generations), he only uses the Ninetails power when Susanno+Eternal Mangekyou woulda probably won him the fight. I know he did not die as he used some Inzanagi(or the other one I keep getting confused) to trick the First Hokage into making him think that he killed Madara. Anyhow, I like where naruto is going now, sad to see Itachi go but I prefer Sasuke when he's 'evil', and now that Itachi is gone hopefully he goes to kick some ass.
I personally wouldn't trust an animated fight in a video game any more than what we saw in the anime when Orochimaru summoned him...

I think you're also underestimating just how powerful mokuton is as well, not only does it give you the insane tree/plant growing, but it also apparently gives very powerful healing capabilities as well. Consider as well he is the sole person to ever have it (naturally), and it is extremely desired by just about everyone, Madara included to the point where he wanted it implanted into him. Also, Madara has died in some form, whether to Hashirama or after we don't know, but he could not have been brought back by the Edo Tensai otherwise, unless there's a yet-to-be-shown weird explanation.

So yeah, like I've said before, they really need a gaiden chapter showing their epic fight. But it won't ever come out until this arc is done, if ever.

Finally yes, Tobi is a troll, and while we haven't seen him use anything other than his time-space tech, we know it has limitations, such as a finite duration it can last, that he needs to be out of it to attack, etc. But we have yet to see anything else; remember he has both the Rinnengan and Sharingan, and he is well versed in their techniques (if anything, the chakra absorption from the one path is more trolling than even the space time since as long as they don't suck up tons of senjutsu, they can essentially void any chakra-based attack). He may have his own Suusano as well. So while he's not up on the global scale of power like Madara, Hashirama, and the Sage, he'll likely still give Naruto fits; I wolud even place Tobi ahead of Sasuke in power for now.

Ok that is a little...lame...and stupid at how Madara is escaping the Edo Tensai. I mean, knowing the release seals can release the summoned from the contract? Please, they could've came up with something a little better >.>

So Madara and Tobi vs world...well as long as Madara is kicking, they're at least break-even on their chances vs everyone.

This thread's name needs to be changed from, "Naruto Shippuden" to just "Naruto (Spoilers ITT)" and maybe say something in the first post about this being dedicated to discussion of the manga for the most part.

I walked into the thread, expecting a discussion dedicated to the anime and avoided the spoilered stuff, but eventually people stopped doing it and as someone who only watches the anime I now know that (Madara spoilers):

Madara is actually Tobi or whatever the fuck.

Please and thanks.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was a fan when it was ナルト and not NahROOto :|

Also:

Sasuke is a dickweed, Itachi makes me cry man tears, and I feel so so sorry for both Sakura and Hinata... I don't think they'll ever get significant screen time again, and let's face it-- they have no role after establishing that Naruto is in fact homosexual.

Also does anyone remember Kakashi's "Team work is the most important thing to Ninjas" speech?

...lol

I think Madara / Tobi / Naruto / basically any relevant character / spits on that "wise lesson."

edit: Prem, Ichigo gets way less screen time than Naruto. Hell, Ichigo gets less screen time than Bakura in Yu-Gi-Oh.

edit2: Naruto is good, whenever Kishi is NOT trying to do something philosophical/thought provoking-- because it fails pretty hard on that end. As Prem said, Pain arc would have been incredible if not for the things the characters said to each other and following mush. >_>

Ok that is a little...lame...and stupid at how Madara is escaping the Edo Tensai. I mean, knowing the release seals can release the summoned from the contract? Please, they could've came up with something a little better >.>
You'd think the second hokage would've known them too and released himself from Orochimaru's way back near the beginning. I suppose they could just write it off as "it was incomplete" to quell any arguments, but this is the problem with introducing something that seemed inconsequential at the time but later becomes a major plot point without planning for it to become a major plot point.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^You can't make seals on your own will if you're brain washed. This could be a major reason why Orochimaru completely removed the "will" from his tensei puppets.

^Yeah. Tbh Kabuto hasn't really made a lot of smart plays with the Edo Tensei...he thinks he's in control of the war, but a lot of his decisions backfired on him because he didn't think past 'SUMMON DEAD GUYS KILL KILL KILL'. I mean, one of the people he revived broke the Edo Tensei and another got free of the contract and now probably would like to see him dead-I doubt Madara is overjoyed at Kabuto atm.

TheValkyries

Anyone have any understanding of what happened in the last chapter? I get that Madara is still around, and that Tobi is still fighting Naruto. But what the hell with Sasuke, and now apparently Orochimaru? What? And what does Sasuke mean by "The Man Who Knows Everything"?

*NOTE* I love Naruto, but i believe it is total and utter crap at this point so don't read my posts if you are easily offended.

Anyone have any understanding of what happened in the last chapter? I get that Madara is still around, and that Tobi is still fighting Naruto. But what the hell with Sasuke, and now apparently Orochimaru? What? And what does Sasuke mean by "The Man Who Knows Everything"?
It was poorly translated obviously. So we will need to re read a better translation. But for now.. It could mean a couple of things:

1. This is Kishis lame foreshadowing at it's best... "If i have a character say something out of the blue and it happens in the next chapter it is not ass pulling! It's foreshadowing!". Like 98% of the second half, it could be another ass pull.

2. Madara... The real Madara at least. He knows everything about the Uchiha clan. Remember, up to this point Sasuke still believed Tobi is Madara.

Take your pick. Madara makes more sense but it wouldn't surprise me if it was another ass pull.

The Orochimaru thing.. Orochimaru must have somehow left some part of of himself on Anko(ugh Naruto is trash now) when he molested her.

By the way, do you read One Piece? A very well written manga(with real foreshadowing!) that not only has remained CONSISTENT through its 10+ year run but has actually improved as the writer slowly lost his mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)