Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

I dunno, 2 against 1 is kinda unfair...wonder how long till Madara gets his other eye back.

But yeah, looks like it's time for a 20+ chapter fight, which should be interesting.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
lol did sasuke even use his eternal mangekyou before kishi powered it up?

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Just want to point out that fsr the mother of OG Rikudo Sage is the holy tree. No clue why that is the case, but it is.

lol did sasuke even use his eternal mangekyou before kishi powered it up?
He used Tsuyokomi at his Danzo fight, and Amaterasu when he dropped in on the Kage's meeting. And of course Suusano plenty as well. But mostly Suusano and not much else.

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
they werent eternal yet tho, sasuke had normal mangekyou prior to the war. he started to go blurry after the raikage fight, but I guess he used it vs kabuto...I expected him to get something new from itachi's eyes I guess, like a special mangekyou jutsu a la obito and shisui.

they werent eternal yet tho, sasuke had normal mangekyou prior to the war. he started to go blurry after the raikage fight, but I guess he used it vs kabuto...I expected him to get something new from itachi's eyes I guess, like a special mangekyou jutsu a la obito and shisui.
Oh wait eternal, missed that sorry. Yeah, Sasuke doesn't seem have special eyes in that regard; for Shisui and Obito, both of their special eye justus are ones they're born with, not from becoming eternal. But yeah, come to think of it, all Sasuke does is spam Suusano these days, never bothers with insanely potent genjutsu or the ever-burning Amaterasu.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amaterasu *is* a special eye-power, that only belongs to Sasuke and Itachi-- I always took this to mean that as brothers with the same blood, they shared similar eye-powers. Susanoo also could not be used by Obito or Kakashi, and the only other one to be able to use it was Madara. I know there was an explanation that one needs 2 mangekyo to use it, but I always took this shared Jutsu by only S/I and Madara to mean that they were the most direct descendents, the closest successors of his power and blood (as opposed to other Uchiha like Obito and Shusui). This is also considering their much closer physical appearance (Itachi and Sasuke look more like Madara than the other Uchiha, which include many characters like Obito who look very different).

The way I thought it was intended, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Suusanoo are 3 abilities that come with achieving the mangekyo sharingan, and any other powers (Kamui, Shisui's special eye hypnosis) were special "born with" powers. Though granted, you are right that we actually haven't seen anyone besides Itachi and Sasuke use Amaterasu. As for Obito or Kakashi not being able to use the three, maybe it's because the eyes were split and you need both to perform it? Kakashi especially as a non-Uchiha wouldn't really be privy to their knowledge, I mean who's gonna teach him lol. Sasuke only knows them because Itachi implanted their knowledge into him at the end of their last fight, otherwise who know how long it'd take him to learn on his own.

...yeah hell if I know, I mean they all can perform some shared techniques (izanagi for example was used by Danzo and Obito), it just might be a matter of learning or some crap. Or they just never had a chance to bother with it.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^But it says that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are both 1 eye abilities (Itachi uses only one side to use either-- Sasuke also only uses his left to use Amaterasu). I'm pretty sure Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are abilities unique to Sasuke / Itachi and maybe Madara-- who all seem to be to be in the "same family" of eye abilities even within the Uchiha. Then again, who knows-- there seem to be different types of Mangekyo Sharingan (with Madara being the only character so far who seems to know the "science" of the various categories).

Izanagi/Izanami and the "copy cat" are all abilities of the regular Sharingan. There is definitely a learning curve, and Sasuke seems to have never taken the time to fully master his eye's genjutsu abilities (can't use Tsukuyomi to its fullest). Then again, Naruto just busted out all sorts BS sage techs he couldn't do before, so I'll bet Sasuke now has full access to Tsukuyomi, the ultimate Susanoo, and other crap at the very least.

v

idt amaterasu is brother-exclusive, zetsu talked about it like it was an established tech before itachi got his hands on it, but maybe you are right about it being direct descendents of madara. kamui is explicitly a mangekyou tech, and shisui's follows mangekyou naming conventions as do izanagi/mi so I think the user must be capable of mangekyou to be use them even if they dont necessarily use mangekyou to execute the technique

Yeah, but that's gotta be awkward having only half of you teleport over...granted he probably has some insane self healing since he absorbed the tree previously, but still...

And yeah poor Kakashi, for a second I thought he would hit him with Kamui first, but guess not.

Anyone else wondering what happened to Rikudo sage's brother who he mentions fought against the Juubi with him?
He says that half of the Juubi was sealed inside his brother as well, so that could have some possible further battles after this Madara-business.

Is it just me or was that chapter hella random? I'm primarily speaking of the translation / dialogue, because that didn't really seem cohesive to me :x

Anyone else wondering what happened to Rikudo sage's brother who he mentions fought against the Juubi with him?
He says that half of the Juubi was sealed inside his brother as well, so that could have some possible further battles after this Madara-business.
I think most people are actually unsure as to whether or not that brother did in fact posess half of the Juubi, mostly because different translation sources indicate different things (or something like that).

I think most people are actually unsure as to whether or not that brother did in fact posess half of the Juubi, mostly because different translation sources indicate different things (or something like that).
That was my thought as well. It's a huge plot extension based on the use of "us" versus "me."

On the other hand, Rikudo seemed to avoid the topic of his mother's birthplace. Perhaps his brother returned to their homeland with his portion of the Juubi, and that will lead to another arc where some future shinobi's (perhaps Konohamaru) go and explore it and experience a whole new culture.

Nah, the rabbit ears/horns can't mean they're from another country...

Just j/k, could well be if they want to continue the series some more. Unless they live on Pangea (1 land mass), there's bound to be something interesting out in the sea...the only problem I have with the whole "his brother also receiving half" bit is that would mean Madara is trying to resurrect the creature with only half its power anyways, which would cause the plan to fail wouldn't it? So while I don't think his brother sealed any of the Juubi into him, it is odd how he faded away into history to the point he isn't remembered at all alongside the sage.

v

if the series continues it's gonna be rikudo sage waking up from his mugen tsukuyomi to go into space so he can find the rest of his species and then they'll all fuse together in a new mugen tsukuyomi, but then when all their minds are one in the illusion it's revealed that none of the rikudo sages exist, the whole series including everyone being rikudo sage hallucinating about being himself inside the mugen tsukuyomi was all kakashi's hallucination inside itachi's original tsukiyomi so the series restarts from there without all the bullshit

Meh this is why I hate differing translations, one implies Madara thinks there's a connection between him and Sasuke beyond blood (as both are reincarnations of Indra), but the other says they aren't related by blood at all but there's some connection, which is stupid considering they're Uchiha.

I guess Rinnengans can have differing abilities too (note how Sasuke's has tomoe on the lines unlike Madara's clean circles), you'd think both of them would just sit there and absorb each other's attacks, but I guess not. And whatever Sasuke's is doing is confounding Madara.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Limbo is probably Madara's sharingan/rinnegan technique and the reason he brings up the connection between him and Sasuke is because Sasuke can see it where others would not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)