ORAS NU Nastiez

Dark spam means dark (and dank) music!

Hello, it's me, the guy with a broken magic carpet. I took a bit of a break from playing Pokemon before the Magneton suspect test and during that the NU metagame was incredibly awful so I really only came back in full force after the stupid thing was banned. That didn't stop the metagame from being pretty bad though, since Sneasel is running amok and destroying offensive teams left and right. I decided to both abuse this silly ice weasel and build a team that doesn't struggle with it as much as other offensive teams. Pawniard is the MVP of the team, forming a nasty Dark spam core with Sneasel AND being one of the best offensive Sneasel checks. My teambuilding process basically involved adding support for this core, Ludicolo easily takes on Poliwrath, which troubles both of my Nastiez and also on Mawile, which can trouble a weakened Pawniard. Then I added hazard support and 3 Fighting resists so that I'm not 6-0'd by Gurdurr and Scarf Primeape. Those "support" mons also double up on most of Sneasel switchins - Garbodor for Audino, Granbull and Pawniard, Golurk for Mawile and Regirock, Uxie for Poliwrath and Carracosta. This team composition is basically designed to give Sneasel as much support to lay waste on the opposing team as possible. I got reqs using mainly this team and it's free to use for everyone since I probably won't be using it ever again after we get rid of Sneasel :).

Decimation (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Sneasel is the best mon in NU. It has 115 base speed. It spams STAB Knock Off all the time. It can Pursuit things. It has STAB priority. It flinches "counters" such as Mega Audino and Quagsire to death with Icicle Crash. Basically, Sneasel does it all. Without a doubt the most threatening Pokemon to offensive teams, requiring Choice Scarf or decently strong unresisted priority to be revenge killed. Sucker Punch is resisted, Fake Out doesn't flinch, so Sneasel is more priority resistant than some would think. It truly is an amazing Pokemon that always does the heavy lifting for this team.

Nasciturus (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

As I said in the introduction, Pawniard is both the perfect Sneasel check and partner in crime. Even though they're both Dark types, they only have a couple switchins in common. Pawniard beats all of Granbull, Mega Audino, Mawile easily and can take on others like Miltank, depending on the set. Little Bish is also one of my main weapons against bulky teams, which Band Sneasel struggles against. Last but not least, Pawniard acts as a Defog deterrent so my hazards are likely to stay on the field once I get them up.

Feverish (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Ludicolo is a scary scary sweeper for both offensive and defensive teams, giving them trouble with incredible speed under rain and boosted Hydro Pumps, respectively. Easily deals with Poliwrath and Mawile, eats Lanturn for breakfast and only sometimes misses Hydros :'(. Ludi is always incredibly dangerous and somewhat hard to prepare for and it's a lot better than at any point in Gen6 with Cryogonal and Mantine at probably their lowest ever in this gen. Did I mention it puts in work against Rain teams? Consistently underrated, consistently great. Even though it caused more losses than any other mon on this team.

Bleed in Me (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch

Garbodor does a lot of heavy lifting for the team. Checks Fighting types such as Hariyama and Sawk (who hesitates to lock into Zen Headbutt in fear of Sneasel and Pawniard) and other dangerous physically offensive threats such as Scyther. Rocky Helmet damage racks up quickly, especially combined with Aftermath, but everybody already knows how good that residual damage is. Garbo also provides invaluable hazard support which is crucial for breaking down bulky teams. Toxic Spikes are especially useful for Pokemon with recovery such as Miltank.

Paragnomen (Golurk) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge

The second hazard user on my team is Golurk. This cool af robot also doubles as a spinblocker and a Sneasel bait. There are very few people that don't click Knock Off on turn 1 against a Golurk so you can usually get a free kill on Sneasel and also stay on pretty decent HP thanks to Drain Punch. I usually play Golurk more aggressively than I probably should, often opting to get KOs rather than getting my Stealth Rock up. With decent natural bulk Golurk can take some abuse from pokemon that aren't the big offensive powerhouses and hit them with a strong attack. It doesn't really serve much of a specific purpose, I just needed a SR user that was Fighting resistant and Golurk is the best that fits. I guess it's another Gallade check but that's just splash damage rather than Golurk's purpose on the team. Implemented HJAD's suggestion for alternative moveset and EV spread as this allows Golurk to check more stuff that threatens the team while dealing with Sneasel even better than before - it can live Icicle Crashes even after rocks now! All that and it still beats Xatu on the switchin.

Eternity (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Giga Drain

Uxie acts as a glue of the team. It fills the role of an offensive Fighting check and a blanket check to a lot of different things: Malamar, Samurott etc. 3 attacks CM is a really cute set that fits well on this team because I need the 3 move coverage to hit everything I want. Psychic is used over Psyshock because of Gurdurr. I don't really care about winning CM wars because I have 2 Dark types to take care of Psychic types. I don't know if there's a better spread out there but this has been working fine for me. Changed the EV spread for more bulk while still outspeeding most relevant Fighting types except Primeape which loses to Golurk and Garbodor anyway.

Importable:

Decimation (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Nasciturus (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Feverish (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Bleed in Me (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch

Paragnomen (Golurk) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge

Eternity (Uxie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Giga Drain

Threatlist:
destroys me if I don't keep Uxie healthy throughout the match, this thing is pretty rough for frail teams in general :/
the physically defensive set is a nightmare for me if it has thunder wave, I need to keep Golurk healthy for it which can be hard in some matchups

Those are the singular mons that I struggled with the most during laddering, some specific cores gave me a lot of trouble and there are probably more threats I'm weak to which smarter teambuilders will probably figure out. :)

Shoutouts to the NU room and the NU community, you're all awesome :]​

Last edited:
Hey Cute User: Aladyyn

Wow its been a long time since your last RMT (my last RMT was back in Gen 5 Golden Age days ;~;) but you have come back with a great team. You can certainly distinguish that you are a more old school type of player, with Golurk and RD Ludicolo (really really underated lol). Onto the team, and you mention your main weakness as fletchinder, which I completely get, since it checks your entire Offense core. Luckily, you have a stern defensive core to handle it. As far as weakness' are concerned, nothing really stands out to me as crazy "this is a problem panic mode", Archeops is annoying since you don't have a safe switch in, but, I think overall, the mons you have to perform each role are optimal, and shouldn't really be tampered with. Instead what I am going to do is essentially clean up the sharp edges, and refine your teams EV Spread so that the afformentioned Pokémon and stuff in general are easier to take on, leading to your team having a higher longevity.

My first change will be to change your Golurk spread. There isn't much wrong with Max HP Golurk, its just that, when it has to deal with tauros, Archeops, fletchinder, fighting types (some), and many other threats, it may being prone to being worn down wayy to easily. As a result, I think a more defensive spread is appropriate as well as a couple of coverage changes. 252 HP / 64 Atk / 172 Def / 20 Spe Impish Nature > Current Spread would be a good idea, since with this spread, 64 Atk investment, a burned Golurk has a guaranteed chance to kill fletchinder with stone edge and easily ohkoes Archeops as well. It also 2hkoes the omnipresent Xatu on the switch with stone edge which is nice to know for the Xatu mind games. 20 Speed is to Creep mons that try to creep the 150 base stat benchmark, and the rest of the investment goes into defense so it can tank Tauros as well as other S rank mons (such as Gallade) much easier than it could before. This often means Golurk will be sticking around for longer.
Also, as you may have inferred from my EV Spread suggestion, we are slightly changing the moveset and ability on Golurk. I personally think, especially with tspikes support, a No Guard Set > Iron Fist would be better, since it would mean Dynamic Punch / Stone Edge are 100% Accurate. Dynamic Punch is actually a solid option with tspikes (I swear I'm not a douchebag) since confusion damage + Poison Damage rack up quickly, you also mentioned a miltank weakness. It allows you to break miltank much, much more easier. haha. Stone Edge is for the above reasons which I have explained. I would personally drop Shadow Punch and Drain Punch, since you already have 2 CM Psychic checks (the main reason why Shadow Punch is used) and Drain Punch isn't really strong enough to heal anything relevant without Max attack or Iron Fist.

Next Up is Uxie. CM 3 Attacks is a good set but I think you are overdoeing the speed investment a little bit, and since you are also using it as a pivot switch into some mons (e.g. Fletch if Golruk dies fsr) it would appreciate some bulk so it can tank a bit more. Therefore I suggest an EV tweak: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe Timid Nature > Current Uxie Spread gives you this afformentioned bulk. To be precise, the current EV Spread allows to outspeed Adamant kanga, Adamant Sawk and Jolly Gallade as well as provide far improved bulk and maintain your special attack to hit things hard with.

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 172 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Signal Beam

Overall, I really like your team :] Your a good fren and long may it continue :>

yours in mons,
~HJAD

Last edited:
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Golurk: 306-360 (80.1 - 94.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

All of your suggestions are straight up gold apparently, going to implement the changes right now.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with HJAD's suggestions, though I'd run like 40 more Speed on Uxie for the occasional Jolly Sawk since you don't want to just lose to it if your team is weakened. I'd run max Speed on Pawniard too btw since in a similar case, there's no reason not to have an extra check to Aurorus with minimal cost.

You could also try something like Specs Lanturn > Ludicolo. It still dumps on a lot of the same stuff Ludicolo did, but gives you a Fletch check as well, and with Specs you don't lose a strong special attacker. It also gives you a way to block Volt Switch from the three Rotoms without getting raped / made useless by burn, which is pretty useful too. The main thing I see you'd have to look out for is other Lanturn, but the rest of your team can still at least fare reasonably against that so it shouldn't be too big of an issue. If it does end up being a problem though, you can try HP Grass on it too which should help, though otherwise HP Fire looks more useful in theory.

(Lanturn analysis) - that's the standard though feel free to toy around with the EVs

Nice team, loved Pawniard in XY so it's nice to see it's getting some use again. Here's to hoping the team becomes illegal by next week :pimp:

Last edited:
Peaked at the top of the suspect ladder with this team

This team is by far one of the best in ORAS that I've played with personally and as far as I'm concerned one of the coolest. Aladyyn deserves credit for making it. I used the varient of the team that I suggested in my rate. Top quality team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)