National Pokemon Association- Player's Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
In, I've only played VGC 2011 but I got to top 8 in Dallas regionals (and couldn't go to nationals) and was (presumably) the youngest person in the finalist's lounge that day (born in July '95).

EDIT: Playing style in doubles? (is this honestly important well if it is i guess ill say it) I like to apply as much pressure as possible from the very beginning, be it pure offensive or set up, and get the critical advantage for the first couple of turns- so I guess "offense"

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
in for all, I'm not very experienced at vgc but am willing to learn and am a fairly good battler in other tiers so pick me pick me

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In for GBU doubles and VGC 2011. I feel I'm more proficient at GBU doubles, and did pretty well on the PO ladder on skarmbliss.

Not many accomplishments, apart from one small VGC tourney I attended in August, and got knocked out early.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In for everything

I beat the Ore Coloseum in both gamecube games. Never made it to a JAA but was playing doubles at the time so I have some experience with 3rd gen doubles mechanics and am willing to relearn it. Top 16 2009 Reigonals/ Top 8 2010 Smogon Tournament/ Top 8 2011 Reigonal/ Top 8 2011 Smogon Tournament.

Preferred metas are 2010>GBU>2011>2009>JAA

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm in for this one.
Metagames I'm best at are VGC11, VGC10, and GBU Doubles. More than willing to have a look and get some ideas out for the other two though.
Other reasons you should pick me include...
-My delightful sense of humour.
-My simply super accent which makes everything I say sound weird.
-My love for Durant. He comes with me as a complete package.
-If you don't pick me, I'll pull the race card, as I'm foreign.

Credentials? I went to worlds this year, that was alright.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'm in even though i suck don't pick me

uhhh i'll play '11, gbu doubles, and jaa because unreality made me learn it

credentials: lost to subseed whimsicott, lost to scarf hydreigon, lost to tailroom. next?

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Coming out of retirement one more time to win a championship.

I will play JAA

Accomplishments:

2008: Finalist Los Angeles Regional, Top 32 World
2009: Winner Phoenix Regional, 4-1 in National Swiss
2010: Winner Seattle Regional, retired didn't play in Nationals
2011: Winner San Jose Regional, Top 16 Nationals
Likes to retire from the game of Pokemon at random

If you want a mix of Michael Jordon (retires and comes back a lot), Tracy McGrady (excels in the regular season, never made it out of the first round of the playoffs) and Ron Artest/Latrell Sprewell (erratic, might just choke a coach or fight spectators) I am your man.

In for GBU Doubles, VGC 09, VGC 11, VGC 10 (in order of my skill)

Accomplishments:
4th in the nation at VGC 11, 16th in the world

I win so much at GBU doubles its not even fair.

also: from urban dictionary
1. DukeTheDevil
Very powerful trainer and Champion of the 09 Pokegym Tournament.

Well I always fail the game after they make a top cut win then lose, but its always doing twice as good as the previous one so yeah, always lose to hax!!! Pick me. VGC 2010, VGC 2011, and GBU Doubles I'll play.

T32 Newark VGC 2010 freeze hax.
T16 DC VGC 2011 Combination of Timer and Sleep hax.
T8 Nationals VGC 2011 Low Damage Rolls no para out of 5 turns then two critical hits.
3rd VGC 2011 Worlds kamz haxed me.

But I did go undefeated in my 4 VGC 2011 games in the SPL and got 2nd/3rd in the Smogon VGC 2011 tournament.

I am 4th on Deagle power rankings after DeagleBeagle, BlueCookies and EnFuego.

Yeah I never win anything in the end but I'm a strong battler and I topped the VGC ladder multiple times in mainly VGC 2011 and GBU Doubles, only reason I didn't for the other ones is because no one ladders it so I haven't played it for a while.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I can play VGC 2011 and GBU Doubles
My experience:
Placed 3rd (seniors) at San Jose, losing to Unreality
Placed 16th (seniors) at nationals, would've gotten an invite to worlds, but got some shit luck.
I also went to worlds lcq, which i didn't make through.

I have an extensive experience in GBU Doubles, i'm placed very well on the skarmbliss server under an alias, which you can PM me if you want to know what it is.

In, I guess.
I'll do VGC 2011 and GBU Doubles. Maybe some VGC 2010 too.
Accomplishments...durr, I don't get tourneys IRL around here, so that's a problem.
There is one accomplishment that I do have, though.
I know what I'm doing.

In. I never played these metas directly but I do have doubles experience in general, and I proved it recently. So yeah, I think I'd make a good choice for any of the metas if the managers could consider me^^

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lets get it vgc 09 vgc 11 gbu doubles

my accomplishments are being the best, hating bisharp, being a girl, using masquerain, and much less importantly getting 2nd at newark and also playing in spl

my playstyle is whatever i feel like but mostly OFFENSE because the best defense is a good offense or something like that.

i also prefer to play vgc 11 since i dont really think its that bad even though theres like 20 usable pokemon

lets playyyy

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hi i am signing up.

i have never played jaa, never even knew the rules except no canadians allowed
i wanted to play in 09 but decided to go to bonnaroo and then lollapalooza instead
i played in 10 using the mighty sunflora (defeated ninahaza 4-0 every time)
i dominated 11 with an unpredictable and amazing team that none could conquer (except The Wolf's Scrafty)
i view gbu doubles as a new frontier to conquer

also i play in a band

i was going to be too lazy for this as a player but maybe ill play i'll probably be the type of activity threat i never draft in the tournament they let me manage in

There are much better options for 09 and 10 than me.

I played in JAA but was in my hardcore top 20 guilds in country World of Warcraft stage then so it's not really my best metagame and I don't like advance doubles mechanics so I'd rather not play it but I could

I had this giant metaphorical dick in my throat which is NOT as much fun as the real thing the entire VGC 11 season and choked right before I could make money three times in a row pretty much. Choked top 8 in Atlanta when I had a 100% to win if I made moves that made even the slightest bit of sense, 5-2 in Nats Swiss but eliminated on opponent win % because of Has Bowl, lost to some Pokemon last round of Worlds LCQ.

I haven't touched VGC 12/GBU yet but I suspect I'll be very good at it before this tournament ends.

I was way too lazy to make this post even a little readable.

make me a 6th man or some shit imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)