National Pokemon Association- Player's Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give this a shot. I'll sign up for VGC '09, '10, 11, and JAA though I'm a little rusty

Accomplishments:
06 (JAA): top 4 Qualifier
09: nothing raffle and lost out lol
10: top cut regionals, failed at nats/worlds lol
11: top cut regionals, failed at nats/worlds lol

I would prefer 09>11>10>JAA

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Huy said:
PLAY IN DUYS TOURNAMENT
ok

'09: U.S. Champ, 14th place Worlds (Senior Division)
'10: lost to some kid with Solarbeam Groudon, Phoenix regional :/
'11: squeaked into Worlds LCQ, got 10th place (Masters Division)
GBU Doubles: made a team without extensive testing, somehow got #2 on Skarmbliss ladder

Signing up as a substitute ONLY

PO Username(s): PungentFruit, PFruit, PDaddyFruit, Robot, Roboplex
Prefered Metagames: 2010>GBU>2011>2009 No JAA
Accomplishments:
2009: Not picked in lottery
2010: Out round 2
2011: Out round 3
GBU: 1009 points currently on the Skarmbliss server

I usually do awful in real life events because of nervousness and unclear thinking but I am honestly a better PO battler than in real tournaments. I could be a great addition to a team if necessary and take a spot as a substitute for moral support. I can win many battles on PO and will win when told to ;)

(Honestly this is a popularity tournament. Friends will pick other friends who happen to have a good resume. None of the "unknown" players will be picked and I will certainly be surprised if I do. Just my thoughts ;3)

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
I'd love to try my hand at all of the metagames, but I have the most experience with 4th and 5th gen.

I have no Pokemon battling legacy, VGC or otherwise, but that's one reason I want to participate in this. I'm not bad or anything, I'm just unknown to the community. The main thing that sets me apart from most Trainers is that I do a lot of experimenting with odd Pokemon and sets. I don't like the idea of using whatever the current metagame offers; I would rather battle with my own ideas that still work. If I had to quantify my playstyle, I guess I would have to say that I prefer a kind of all 'round style. My most hated style is stall (freaking Toxic/Protect/Protect/Protect, Flinchfag Jirachi, and Wish/Protect).
Your description of VGC stall is spot on. I want you on my team ;)

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to announce a trade.

The Orlando Magikarps have traded the #1 and #17 picks to the Sacremento Slakings for the #3 and #14.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to announce another trade.

The Orlando Magikarps have traded the #14 and #16 to the Chicago Afrobulls for the #10 and #23 picks.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
With the trades, is it possible that someone could list the draft order of the teams in each round? Preferably in spoilers/hide tags in the OP, as people like myself cannot do math in my head.

Due to the slowing down of signups, the draft has been moved to Wednesday the 7th and signups will close just prior to the draft. Will be updated in the OP, along with Draft Order.

Due to the slowing down of signups, the draft has been moved to Wednesday the 7th and signups will close just prior to the draft. Will be updated in the OP, along with Draft Order.
just what do you think you are Duying

I think.. I think I might try this.

I can play Pokemon. All of them. Except GBU cause I don't know what that means. But I bet I could do it.

PO Username(s): Sapphire Birch
Prefered Metagames: ALL OF EM.
Accomplishments:
JAA: got sick at the event. didnt enter
2009: Not picked in lottery
2010: Out round 2
2011: top 16 newark
GBU: Who cares? I'm the best.

Your description of VGC stall is spot on. I want you on my team ;)
Well, thank you :D

I would love to be apart of your team!

edit: I would like to make a last minute change to my submission: I don't think I can wrap my brain around the JAA metagame after all. I'll still play the rest of the them, though. Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Ill like to play VGC 11, VGC 10, VGC 09, GBU doubles, and JAA.
My playstyle is anything.

I got top 8 at US Nationals 2011-seniors and top 16 at LCQ-seniors. Got an invite to worlds but couldn't go since I was busy...

I would like to sign up as well.
VGC '09, '10, and GBU.
Playstyle: often balanced, but I tend to lean towards face-paced offense.
Accomplishments: I've beaten a few famous people (Earthworm, sevendeadlysins, Alaka, etc.) on PO Smogon server few weeks after release in singles. I was once 7th on the ladder with the fake name accounts.

A special shoutout to Alaka for nagging me to sign up for this today.

Hell if Fish is doing it, I've gotta do it.

Accomplishments? Online Pokemon.
Style? Full-court press.
Metagame? Any.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
well Fish is playing and duy wants me to join and really I've just been lazy!

in this shit

i'll play vgc '10? or '11.

if you want awesome gimmicks then i'm your gal!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)