Nature Swap [Talonflame unbanned!]

While I have not laddered enough to hit the reqs, I do have some opinions on the whole Chansey debate.

If you're all going to ban Chansey (which I personally agree with), Blissey has to go with it. An Impish Blissey might be even more centralizing than Eviolite Chnasey, and it will most certainly pop up to replace the void of Chansey. 255/75/135 bulk is only slightly worse than 250/50/105 bulk with Eviolite.

That said, they aren't hopeless to overcome, even without Talonflame. (Gengar will always leave Chansey and its kin without a chance for retaliation, for one) With that in mind, I'd like to present two Pokémon that I feel are underutilized, and can take on Chansey.

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

We all know that Guts Facade off of 100 base attack is monstrous. With a Swords Dance, both Close Combat and Facade OHKO Chansey... and pretty much the whole tier. Jolly Nature is a straight upgrade, giving it 75 base Speed, which is much better for a wallbreaker than base 50. You could put some speed EVs into HP to help it survive a hit better, as well.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Atk / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Relic Song
- Heal Bell
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Yes, this set looks very strange. But it does make Chansey easier to handle, and just survives a surprising amount of damage, from my experience using it. In the base form, you only have 90 Special Defense (which is still good). But in Pirouette form, that jumps up to a base of 128, while keeping the offense that it already has. Drain Punch lets it survive a good deal longer, and Knock Off is just a useful move. Using a Relaxed nature Meloetta is also a good option, and one that's better suited to Aria form Meloetta.

Last edited:
Chansey is hard to deal with, if you run absolute mindless offence.

And I mean that 100%. You guys need to acknowledge that Chansey is one of the most passive pokemon in the entire tier. It can to, at most 100 damage to you. So what you need to do its sprinkle some adaptability into your teambuilding. I'm working on a second post against the debuffs/buffs because they seriously mess up stall... If it weren't for Chansey. Chansey is the one thing that is keeping stall even slightly relevant in Nature swap. Now I'm going to make a huge list! Every viable pokemon in ou, and lets see how they deal with chansey. I'm going to assume it's Relaxed Chansey, 250/50/105 defences with Eviolite, and Softboiled, Toxic, Seismic Toss. Hax isn't factored in, really. I'm going to count knock off as an almost automatic victory since chansey isn't all that good afterwards... that's my opinion atleast.

Clefable wins 1v1 using Calm mind, PP stalls it out of Seismic toss, then Moonblast PP stalls Softboiled
Loses, but it does that in standard as well!
Magma Storm + Taunt can beat Chansey
(46.7 - 55.1%) From Specs Secret sword, or Calm mind can handle it.
Landorus-T learns Knock off. Enough said
Loses, but it does that in standard as well! Trick can lure it
Loses, but it does that in standard as well! Trick can lure it
Knock off its Eviolite, Kill it with SD or Superpower. Mega Scizor wins.
Knock off, U-turn, Regen, Superpower, Taunt ect. Eventually you win.
Chansey wins, this is a new thing Chansey can handle
Belly drum destroys it. Knock off. Superpower 2hkos
SD Flare blitzs 2hkos everything but Lax Chansey
SD 2hkos, but it needs SD now to break Chansey, so that's good for Chansey
Good luck killing it when Leech seed gives it 30% back every turn
Mega SD beats it, regular form without Life orb struggles.
SD as Chansey switch in, SD as it toxics, (6%), SD as it softboils (18%), Earthquake (36%), Kill Chansey (60%) lost. Good counter

HJK is an easy 2hko, 98% chance.
Its three attacks set never beat Chansey, rain dance beats it.
Lmao, alright then. 79% minimum
Chansey does literally nothing to Sableye
Slowbro doesn't care, burns, t-waves ect.
Stallbreaker wins
Knock off. Superpower after that, or taunt.
Chansey always beat this
Knock off
This runs physical right? You heard that right. Knock off + Drain punch :D
The most prominent Knock off user ever, of course this wins :P
This never won
Mega Gardevoir kinda loses now, doesn't it? Psyshock does a lot less. Gard wins if hazards are up and it has Taunt
Stallbreaker wins
Water is wet. Heracross beats Chansey
Chansey doesn't really do a lot, so it's a stalemate, I guess?
This thing is very passive, so Chansey always won.
Chansey now wins
+2 Close Combat does 66% minimum
Sub-Seed wins, +4 also 2hkos.
Stalemate
Chansey always beat Starmie
Terrakion wins
Stalemate, Regen ect. Amoongus really does not care about Chansey
50/50 chance of winning, right?
Taunt doesn't care about Chansey
I think Chansey wins, it can be difficult with the sub/toxic predictions. So definitely not a counter
Stalemate, chansey probably wins since toxic
Why aren't you guys happy Kyurem-Black finally has a counter?! You guys are upset becase one of the best wallbreakers in the game finally isn't an instant win. c'mon now
Yeah this thing hits like wet paper and never beat chansey anyways
Never beats Chansey regardless
See above
Stallbreaker wins
Always lost to Chansey
Toxic wins, if you don't have toxic Slowbro wins
PP stalls easily
Knock off, Leech seed ect.
Knock off, Leech seed ect.
Hone claws beats Chansey, but yeah. It's really sketchy. And I don't use Aerodactyl enough to know lmao
Idk what this runs really. But I think Chansey wins
Defensive DD wins because of Heal bell
Focus punch, Sub, Spore, Leech seed, SD ect.

Yeah... that's S to the start of B. I just got tired af lol.

Please, Chansey is keeping stall alive, it's a really great glue pokemon and is good at what it does, but it's not hard to handle. Don't disregard it when teambuilding, pack some power, pack taunt, knock off, ghost types ect. It's a life-line to stall that isn't the absolute hardest to deal with and provides you with a counter to some literally uncounterable pokemon...

I'll reach reqs but I hope this can sway some opinions!

Thanks for reading!

giphy.gif

EDIT: Drampa told me to add protect, chansey usually runs Heal bell or Stealth rock over wish tect. Also Mega Gardevoir's physical set wins vs chansey

MacChaeger asked me why I think chansey is a corner stone of stall if its beaten by everything. My response: Because Chansey has defined the metagame into what it is today. Most special attackers in OU need to beat Chansey, or else they're a lot less viable. Chansey has always been one of the most important pokemon on stall, but it's not broken.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

We all know that Guts Facade off of 100 base attack is monstrous. With a Swords Dance, both Close Combat and Facade OHKO Chansey... and pretty much the whole tier. Jolly Nature is a straight upgrade, giving it 75 base Speed, which is much better for a wallbreaker than base 50. You could put some speed EVs into HP to help it survive a hit better, as well.
As insanely hard as those moves hit, not even +2 Guts-boosted Close Combat is more than a 2HKO on Chansey. So even though the damage is enough to leave Chansey at least scarred enough for the remainder of the battle, it doesn't outright OHKO. Chansey can even S-Toss on the Setup-Turn, then eat a hit and heal up enouugh HP to take something on later in the battle and then switch out, causing Ursaring to lose almost 50% of its health with a U-Turn + 2 rounds of burn damage, leaving it open to being revenge killed with ease.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Atk / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Relic Song
- Heal Bell
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Yes, this set looks very strange. But it does make Chansey easier to handle, and just survives a surprising amount of damage, from my experience using it. In the base form, you only have 90 Special Defense (which is still good). But in Pirouette form, that jumps up to a base of 128, while keeping the offense that it already has. Drain Punch lets it survive a good deal longer, and Knock Off is just a useful move. Using a Relaxed nature Meloetta is also a good option, and one that's better suited to Aria form Meloetta.
Sadly, Heal Bell only has 8 PP, so eventually Toxic might get you. Drain Punch heals up a ridiculous amount of damage though and might even 3HKO after Knock Off.

As insanely hard as those moves hit, not even +2 Guts-boosted Close Combat is more than a 2HKO on Chansey. So even though the damage is enough to leave Chansey at least scarred enough for the remainder of the battle, it doesn't outright OHKO. Chansey can even S-Toss on the Setup-Turn, then eat a hit and heal up enouugh HP to take something on later in the battle and then switch out, causing Ursaring to lose almost 50% of its health with a U-Turn + 2 rounds of burn damage, leaving it open to being revenge killed with ease.
I think I know what it is, then. I probably used Knock Off on any Chanseys I see beforehand. That's probably why even Facade was an OHKO on a Chansey. No one thinks to preserve that Eviolite very much now...
Still, if we have to resort to getting rid of Chansey's Eviolite before the strongest Facade in the game OHKOs at +2, there's something wrong.
It's also worthwhile to note that Blissey isn't even fazed by Knock Off. The only solace we have is that both are incredibly susceptible to Switcheroo and Trick.

As for stall... it can live without Chansey. Ferrothorn is still alive and well, Espeon can join its ranks incredibly easily now, and pretty much anything with a high stat can make an attempt at walling things. Maybe it's me being mainly a balance player, but stall also feels like an adaptive playstyle. It basically shifts to wall the current meta.... which just happens to be filled with Aggron, Shuckle, and Cloyster.

I don't have a horse in this race but I found it funny that you listed a Fighting-type with a base Attack of 136 using a Fighting move (it's super effective!) with a base power of 130 that still can't guarantee a 2HKO.
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 582-686 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

it's a roll on regular Chansey as well man :,)

EDIT: lightninging Yeah, it's not meant to be taken too seriously, more so an observation. Also you have the favourite name of any person on smogon

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone'seen mentioned Tyranitar yet, but by switching its attack and special defense, and adding an assault vest and the special defense boost from sandstorm on top of that, it gets over 900 special defense. It shrugs off Mega Camerupt's Earth Power and a focus blast from a special dragonite only did around 30% damage. And even with the attack decrease, with 252 EV it still hits hard enough to 2HKO Camerupt with Earthquake.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
Grains of Salt Most of those pokemon that beat chansey according to you are either very situational checks, need an insane amount of prediction (yeah chansey isn't a counter anymore if you give garchomp two free turns of setting up SD's) or just plain wrong. Yeah if you dedicate your entire heatran set towards beating chansey you might beat it if it doesn't switch out, but even if you do beat it heatran will be so low at the end it'll be picked off by anything, trading 1 for 1. If that's your chansey check there's a blissey waiting in the back walling the rest of your team.
Sure keldeo beats it. But trade toxic for a 50% hit and the next time chansey comes in and recovers past 60% it beats keldeo by softboiling until it dies.
And do you know about recoil on zard x's flare blitz? And the attack drop of superpower? Azu's superpower doesn't 2HKO if you consider it does 55% the first time and 40% the second time.
Slowbro doesn't care? You mean chansey doesn't care? It toxic's bro, gets parad and then switches out next turn? Now slowbro is useless and chansey has no damage on it.
There's more that dont actually beat it unless you predict right (like subseed serp), and those that can beat it but will be low while chansey can still switch out (like bisharp which will be at 20% once it sds and then knocks off chansey's eviolite for 50%)

Nobody is saying chansey can't be beaten. It's just a shame having to play this meta with a dedicated chansey counter on your team that needs to stay alive until chansey dies. On paper some of these mons might beat it but once you're in a battle and your mons have taken a bit of damage, you might just find bisharp being in 2hko range of stoss, your tornadus statused or your altaria a bit lower on heal bell pp.

The only good mons that deal with chansey well are mons that can't get toxiced (heal bell/poison type/steel type) and with recovery like scizor and skarmory, because the rest just gets stossed thrice or toxiced. Also that can't be your only chansey check because if zone catches you on a double you just got walled.

So there's ways to deal with it. Chansey doesn't 1v6 teams. Does that mean it's not broken? I know marill counters kyurem-white but I still wouldn't let that roam around in PU. The fact that it puts such huge restraints on teambuilder is enough for me to pull the trigger. And it being an asset to stall should never be a reason to keep it in a tier.

Ive just hit #2 on ther ladder (under alt: Bumble Boogie) and I have no idea why a Chansey ban is even discussed.
You all seem to forget that the best way to deal with a passive wall like chansey isnt hitting it super duper hard, but instead, take advantage of its passiveness.
for example Ive been using this set to win the game every single time a chansey is on the field:

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Trick Room
- Morning Sun

This set takes advantage of a lot of passive walls and by setting up 2 calm minds (which it does very easily) you can just win the game.
For the last slot I use Trick Room because its overall better in the current meta and it helps support my TR team. If you want to run something like signal beam to hit dark types you can, but Trick Room works for me.
Also if someone wants my full team I can post it but I have to warn you that its garbage.

Grains of Salt Most of those pokemon that beat chansey according to you are either very situational checks, need an insane amount of prediction (yeah chansey isn't a counter anymore if you give garchomp two free turns of setting up SD's) or just plain wrong. Yeah if you dedicate your entire heatran set towards beating chansey you might beat it if it doesn't switch out, but even if you do beat it heatran will be so low at the end it'll be picked off by anything, trading 1 for 1. If that's your chansey check there's a blissey waiting in the back walling the rest of your team.
Sure keldeo beats it. But trade toxic for a 50% hit and the next time chansey comes in and recovers past 60% it beats keldeo by softboiling until it dies.
And do you know about recoil on zard x's flare blitz? And the attack drop of superpower? Azu's superpower doesn't 2HKO if you consider it does 55% the first time and 40% the second time.
Slowbro doesn't care? You mean chansey doesn't care? It toxic's bro, gets parad and then switches out next turn? Now slowbro is useless and chansey has no damage on it.
There's more that dont actually beat it unless you predict right (like subseed serp), and those that can beat it but will be low while chansey can still switch out (like bisharp which will be at 20% once it sds and then knocks off chansey's eviolite for 50%)

Nobody is saying chansey can't be beaten. It's just a shame having to play this meta with a dedicated chansey counter on your team that needs to stay alive until chansey dies. On paper some of these mons might beat it but once you're in a battle and your mons have taken a bit of damage, you might just find bisharp being in 2hko range of stoss, your tornadus statused or your altaria a bit lower on heal bell pp.

The only good mons that deal with chansey well are mons that can't get toxiced (heal bell/poison type/steel type) and with recovery like scizor and skarmory, because the rest just gets stossed thrice or toxiced. Also that can't be your only chansey check because if zone catches you on a double you just got walled.

So there's ways to deal with it. Chansey doesn't 1v6 teams. Does that mean it's not broken? I know marill counters kyurem-white but I still wouldn't let that roam around in PU. The fact that it puts such huge restraints on teambuilder is enough for me to pull the trigger. And it being an asset to stall should never be a reason to keep it in a tier.
I set the terms of engagement with the most common set, recovery, seismic toss and toxic. I set out to prove that chansey does not wall the entire metagame. And I think I proved that undeniably. Chansey struggles to wall a lot of things, especially when you've even taken it into consideration. I also set the terms of engagement to what a counter is, Chansey switches in a win. I applied that to all of these mons, just to show how adaptable almost all of them are. These aren't low-tier RU mons, c'mon now. These are the best outside of Ubers, and 99% of them have multiple sets and can beat Chansey.

Addressing your issues with my list

Heatran atleast sets up rocks on Chansey, and taunt it's. At the most it can Magma storm + Taunt it, Magma storm is on 27% of Heatran, while taunt and stealth rocks both hover around 63% usage. Again Heatran adapts to one of the most passive pokemon in the metagame. Heatran is also a stallbreaker, roughly 27% of the time, so killing one of the best mons for stall doesn't seem like a bad trade-off in my mind. I'm not saying Chansey isn't going to be a problem for these pokemon, but they do not struggle to beat Chansey in a 1v1. Almost any ghost type with substitute beats Chansey.

Charizard-X argument seems weird, you acknowledge that it wins, right? If your Chansey dies and you haven't even killed Zard-X seems like a bad way to handle it.

Azumarill runs 80 Attack in Nature swap.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 448-528 (69.7 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 298-352 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO

Slowbro is a stalemate. If I have Amoonguss and Slowbro I simply beat Chansey by switching back and forward in between them. That's how passive Chansey is

Your Keldeo argument demands that you have a seperate Keldeo counter in the back, why both going into Chansey then?

Serperior Leech seeds or substitutes on the switch, I'm not sending these pokemon out to beat Chansey. I might, but I'm not. I'm disproving the statement that chansey walls the metagame.

Bisharp is the same deal, it kills Chansey long before Chansey manages to get three Seismic Toss's

"Nobody is saying chansey can't be beaten. It's just a shame having to play this meta with a dedicated chansey counter on your team that needs to stay alive until chansey dies. On paper some of these mons might beat it but once you're in a battle and your mons have taken a bit of damage, you might just find bisharp being in 2hko range of stoss, your tornadus statused or your altaria a bit lower on heal bell pp."

And maybe your Chansey won't have its Eviolite anymore, who knows.

"The only good mons that deal with chansey well are mons that can't get toxiced (heal bell/poison type/steel type) and with recovery like scizor and skarmory, because the rest just gets stossed thrice or toxiced. Also that can't be your only chansey check because if zone catches you on a double you just got walled."

Or... you know...
080-1.png
591-1.png
or
Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 03.36.55.png
or
Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 03.37.26.png
(Shit).

"So there's ways to deal with it. Chansey doesn't 1v6 teams. Does that mean it's not broken? I know marill counters kyurem-white but I still wouldn't let that roam around in PU. The fact that it puts such huge restraints on teambuilder is enough for me to pull the trigger. And it being an asset to stall should never be a reason to keep it in a tier."

Chansey is a passive blob that preys on those who do not prepare for her, she's immensely reliable on her item and can be widdled by hazards, being prone to literally all of them. Please don't ban Chansey, she's not hard to deal with...

Also chansey has twave, so often even in dying to a 2hko it cripples something and allows your team to win. It is incredibly versatile (it can set up rocks pretty ridiculously easily, similarly can get off wishes or heal bells with ease) and has ridiculous bulk. It may be passive, but it is easily like the biggest centralizing force in the meta. I do not think it is 1v6 busted but I think it is comparable to lugia. It is a very strong support and does its job incredibly well. It may not be difficult to slay but it is difficult to keep it from doing a very good job pivoting and spreading status and passing wishes and setting rocks.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ive just hit #2 on ther ladder (under alt: Bumble Boogie) and I have no idea why a Chansey ban is even discussed.
You all seem to forget that the best way to deal with a passive wall like chansey isnt hitting it super duper hard, but instead, take advantage of its passiveness.
for example Ive been using this set to win the game every single time a chansey is on the field:

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Trick Room
- Morning Sun

This set takes advantage of a lot of passive walls and by setting up 2 calm minds (which it does very easily) you can just win the game.
For the last slot I use Trick Room because its overall better in the current meta and it helps support my TR team. If you want to run something like signal beam to hit dark types you can, but Trick Room works for me.
Also if someone wants my full team I can post it but I have to warn you that its garbage.
Thats nice and all but how successful is said set against a team that DOESNT want to run Chansey? Yeah I thought so. The SHEER FACT that you suggested something so ludicrous and unviable in everyway JUST to beat one mon that doesnt have to be on a team means its too centralising. When so.ething is too centralising, its broken. Simple logic.

And that argument you got there Grains of Salt is really flawed. Just saying.

I dont know what made you think that this is a Chansey specific set. It sets up extremely easily on so many mons, but its a special case with chansey because it stops it from doing anything.
Keep in mind that this isnt standard OU. This is a completely different metagame which has different viable sets. If you copy paste sets from smogon that were designed for a different meta, obviously you will have trouble.

This isnt OU so stop acting like this is OU. Give the meta time to adapt. think ffs.

Been messing around in this meta, not gonna talk about the fat blob in the room but thought I'd dump a set I've had success with. 200 speed is amazing in this (any) meta, creeping a whole lot of huge threats including some boosted ones. It's cockblocked by Chansey (what isn't), but it eats offense alive so take it or leave it.

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

Hey Guys. Im loving this OM and just wanted to give u guys a set which has worked great for me!

Night Night! (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

This Set is So good! Fire Punch Is for Scizor Mainly and maybe Durant which isnt that good in this om. Ice punch Hits lando mainly and Bulky Mence.
Drain Punch For recovery And Poison jab For Stab

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/natureswap-410192023 as u can see here gengar just cleans late game (go to turn 13 to see gengar do work)

Hey everyone. I just skimmed through this thread but I'd like to talk about some things I've seen in the meta.

Jolly Dragonite now has:
91/134/95/80/100/100
- Can now speed tie with base 100s.

Hasty Tyrantrum now has:
82/121/71/69/59/119
- as well as Rock Head with Head Smash and Dragon dance.

Hasty Mega Scizor now has:
70/150/75/65/100/140
- Now becomes an even fiercer Swords Dance sweeper.

Hasty Marowak now has:
60/80/45/50/80/110
-
It seems like it has lackluster stats, but that 80 attack is doubled with its signature item Thick Club, reaching an attack stat of 518 with a hasty nature. Now it has a respectable speed stat of 110 and retains its signature move Bonemerang. I truly feel like this one has a real chance to shine in this meta.

Reactions: nv
Screen%20Shot%202016-08-04%20at%2014.57.13.png

No ban

Chansey can be difficult, but I plead for those voting ban to reconsider. The metagame is very new, and I already see people adapting to Chansey. Finding new ways to get past it.

Quoting Smogon Dex on Chansey

"Astronomical HP and Special Defense, combined with the ability to use Eviolite, makes Chansey the ultimate wall in OU. Unlike that of her sister Blissey, Chansey's augmented physical bulk with Eviolite allows her to take powerful physical hits, making her a staple on defensively oriented teams. Wish and Natural Cure allow Chansey to heal her teammates and absorb status for them, while access to Seismic Toss and Toxic helps prevent her from being setup bait. Even with two ways of dealing damage, Chansey is still very passive, and because of this she is largely shut down by Taunt. Chansey's defensive typing is also rather poor for a wall, as Normal-types have no resistances and only an immunity to Ghost. Couple this with Eviolite Chansey's inability to hold Leftovers, and it is not all that difficult to wear her down. Chansey is also extremely reliant on Eviolite and loses much of her usefulness if hit by Knock Off or, less commonly, Trick. Nonetheless, Chansey is still one of the best walls in the OU metagame and is a must-use on any stall team."

Checks and Counters
Fighting-types: There are plenty of them in the OU metagame. Keldeo, Terrakion, Mega Heracross, and Breloom are all Pokemon that hit Chansey for super effective damage on her weaker Defense stat.

Wallbreakers: Due to Chansey's lack of Leftovers, wallbreakers wear her down easily. For example, Knock Off Landorus-T 2HKOes Chansey after Knocking Off her Eviolite, specially based Kyurem-B often 2HKOes Chansey with a Specs Ice Beam, Mega Gardevoir can Taunt Chansey and 3HKO her with Psyshock/Return, and Taunt Gengar walls Chansey completely.

Pokemon with Knock Off: As Chansey relies heavily on Eviolite to tank attacks, she loses much of her tanking ability if hit by a Knock Off from the likes of Conkeldurr, Bisharp, and Tornadus-T.

Pokemon with Taunt: If Chansey is hit by Taunt from a Pokemon such as Gengar, Talonflame, or Gliscor, she will be unable to do much, and the opponent can subsequently use her as setup bait.

Status Avoiding: Chansey cannot spread status to Pokemon behind a Substitute, so sweepers such as Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo can use the move to gain a free turn of setup. Furthermore, if the Pokemon has a maximum HP of 404 or higher, Seismic Toss will fail to break the Substitute in one hit. Similar to Substitute, Lum Berry provides Pokemon with protection from Chansey's attempts to status them. Dragonite, for example, enjoys Lum Berry to protect itself from a single Toxic or Thunder Wave.

Setup Sweepers: Pokemon that do not mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Swords Dance Gliscor, Calm Mind Clefable, Swords Dance Mega Scizor, Calm Mind Mega Sableye, and Swords Dance Bisharp, can all use Chansey as setup bait.

Changed some stuff to fit Nature swap's metagame.

I bet running a Jolly KyuB is just going to destroy mostly anything in its path with mighty physical moves and base 120 speed. It can still rip through anything with relative ease with a massive base 170 Attack, STAB Outrage, and pretty good speed. I'm not that big of a competetive Pokemon player, so my things I suggest will most likely have a noticeable flaw somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)