NCAA Football 2012 Thread

Man his lower leg looked loose as he was going down. Poor guy, one of the biggest role models when it comes to college football.

I just looked at Alabama's schedule, and holy crap was it easy. I mean, going into Death Valley and winning is no small feat, but literally that and next week against A&M and then they're undefeated. And because Georgia has an even weaker schedule they'll get crushed in Atlanta. Alabama might just become the laughingstock of the SEC and lose in NCG to K State.

If they make the national championship game, they'll have beaten 4 top 11 teams (don't forget Michigan was ranked #8 week 1) and likely two top 5 teams. "Easy" schedule, pfft.

They have a chance of losing to K-State/Oregon, sure, but they have proven over the past two years that they are by far the best team in the best conference in the country. I will legitimately be shocked if they lose to UGA or in the NCG.

I will never understand what went through the LSU defensive staff's head during that last Bama drive. They had held the Bama offense the entire half by using press coverage and not sending much pressure after the quarterback. Now, when they need to win? 10, 15 yard cushions to the wide receivers. The last defensive play of the game? Big blitz, touchdown. That last drive was sickening to watch.

also,

haha

Michigan is a complete push over, they proved that against Notre Dame. And Mississippi State showed us that they're also a case of an easy schedule. I'm not saying that Alabama isn't the best team in the country, I'm saying that I would've liked to see them play Georgia, Florida or South Carolina already. And timing of the games is also crucial, I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama lost to Texas A&M next week, considering how good A&M's O-Line is and the fact that Alabama will be tired after having gotten smashed by LSU.

All three teams in the East have had multiple dud games. I'm not entirely sure they're not all overrated too! Florida has no offense, Georgia's offense crumbles in big games, and even Spurrier doesn't trust Connor Shaw. Sure, stranger things have happened, but I can almost guarantee Bama would beat any one of those three in Atlanta by multiple possessions.

Michigan has lost to three teams: The #1 team, the #3 team (ND), and to Nebraska (you know, when they lost their quarterback?). That certainly doesn't strike me as overrated, though #8 preseason might have been a little bit high.

How? While I definitely think Alabama will beat Georgia by multiple possessions in Atlanta, against either South Carolina or Florida I think 'Bama would be hard pressed to win. Florida is defensively stout enough to match up man to man on the outside, like LSU did for 59 minutes against Alabama, and then focus on stuffing the run. South Carolina has the pass rush and the secondary to actually sack McCarron, although I do think that Alabama could probably block in a similar manner as LSU did against SC.

And again, I'm not saying that Alabama isn't the best team in the country, they just didn't have a schedule that made them play hard for 60+ minutes, for multiple weeks. If Alabama had to go on the road next week, and play South Carolina or Florida, I'd bet on the home team. I expect a really close game against Texas A&M next week, because Alabama's D-Line not only isn't that great, but is going to be tired. Texas A&M also has on of the best O-Line's in the country.

You know, ND should've handled Pitt but year after year they never get credit for their schedule... If ND scheduled Western Carolina after Oklahoma like Alabama has done after LSU no one would even be talking about ND having a close call this weekend

South Carolina's defense has allowed 35, 44, and 23 points the past three weeks against one good and two rather bad offenses. Florida's offense has scored 14 and 9 points the past two weeks, against teams that were averaging 28.6 and 26.6 points allowed (respectively) against other SEC teams. It requires a complete team (offense AND defense) in order to beat a team as good as Alabama. LSU has had a below average offense, but Mettenberger was excellent yesterday and combined with their defense it should have been enough to win. I don't think either of those two teams could mount enough offense to put up ~17 points PLUS hold Bama to fewer points.

ND would get a lot more credit for their schedule if they actually played in a conference. Still, it's not like they're flying under the radar... ESPN thoroughly enjoys sucking the dick of ND/USC/the SEC.

South Carolina got beat up front against LSU, mainly because LSU trapped Clowney on the running plays. Against Florida, South Carolina had multiple fumbles in their own territory which led to 27 of Florida's points. You can't complain about giving up 35 to Tennessee, that's a really potent offense.

Florida's offense is harder to judge, mainly because it may not matter how many points they'd score. An Alabama vs Florida game would have a score of something like 13-9.

Also, LSU's offense isn't bad, it just isn't stubborn enough. They have 4 big backs, and the second best offensive line in the country, run the ball 40 times a game. You'll score more touchdowns (Why they lost to Alabama) and give your defense a break, the other team's defense will also get tired.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Johnny Football to lead A&M over Alabama in Tuscaloosa this week, go ahead and quote me.

I'll say it, I am legitimately shocked that Alabama has done this poorly so far. They've looked incredibly mortal the past two weeks. There's still a lot of football left to play today, but it sure seems like I was wrong for preemptively giving them the championship!

Assuming Alabama loses a game, should a 1-loss SEC team make the NCG? The SEC is clearly still the best division in the NCAA. Would it really be right to deny the champion of the league a shot at the national title, one where the SEC team is 7-0 against other conferences? I'm definitely biased, but in my opinion there's absolutely no way you can snub another SEC team after Auburn got snubbed in 2004.

Assuming Alabama loses a game, should a 1-loss SEC team make the NCG? The SEC is clearly still the best division in the NCAA. Would it really be right to deny the champion of the league a shot at the national title, one where the SEC team is 7-0 against other conferences? I'm definitely biased, but in my opinion there's absolutely no way you can snub another SEC team after Auburn got snubbed in 2004.
K-State needs to lose for that to happen. If Alabama beats Auburn and beats Georgia in the SECCG, they MIGHT be able to jump Notre Dame.

Then again, I think they might want Oregon to lose instead of K-State XD

Nebraska with the fourth straight comeback victory in the 2nd half of games this year. On a roll baby! Like we were gonna lose to the chimos lol

LOL Oregon choking
LOL KState choked

Thanks to these two teams, UGA now has legit NCG hopes again :)

Well the BCS implodes again. If USC somehow beats Notre Dame, the NC game will most likely be Winner of the SEC-Championship vs. Florida (if they're ranked above Oregon).

Which is worse, an OT loss to a top 10 team in Stanford, or a 5 point loss to a top 10 in Texas A&M? I'll take Bama over Oregon because Oregon's one best attribute was their ability to score 50 a game, and if Stanford can stop that, ND can as well, whereas Bama still has its bruising defense which wasn't taken advantage of too much in the A&M game. Also, is this the perfect storm for OSU to end the season AP #1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)