NCAA Football 2012 Thread

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man I'm cheering on the Crimson Tide cause of Jessie Williams, but holy shit the Irish are getting buttfucked.

Blame ND for typically doing bad in BCS bowls.

2001 Fiesta Bowl - Oregon State 41 ND 9
2006 Fiesta Bowl - Ohio State 34 ND 20
2007 Sugar Bowl - LSU 41 ND 14

EDIT:

National championships suck nowadays. Never a close matchup, just the SEC team smashing these inferior teams over and over. Notre Dame was nothing but a product of meeia hype and it's a shame they don't just make the sec championship the title game from now on, as the two SEC representatives are the best teams. In fact, the BCS bowls should be reserved for all SEC teams and the other shitty teams can have fun in the compass bowl.

lol im so bored

I believe Notre Dame's defense is pretty damn good but their offense is obviously not national championship level. Even the greatest defense can be reduced to nothing by being on the field for most of the game.

I think the time between the end of the season and the bowl games need to be drastically reduced. It makes no sense to have over a month wait to play a game. Maybe with the playoff system, the games would be moved up to the middle of December so the quality of games would improve because there isn't this long layoff between games.

I believe Notre Dame's defense is pretty damn good but their offense is obviously not national championship level. Even the greatest defense can be reduced to nothing by being on the field for most of the game.

I think the time between the end of the season and the bowl games need to be drastically reduced. It makes no sense to have over a month wait to play a game. Maybe with the playoff system, the games would be moved up to the middle of December so the quality of games would improve because there isn't this long layoff between games.
This. It's been shown in the NFL that even two damn weeks is enough to completely get players off their game (this is why you never ever rest your starters, coaches!!!), so an entire month is just ludicrous.

3 Reasons why that isn't happening:

1. College Football. Grades do have to be determined for player eligibility and what not.

2. Ceremony/Trophy banquets.

3. There are 35 bowls ffs.

Not buying the grades argument since every other division has playoffs and play their games during December. I'm damn sure that their final grades aren't all done when these games are being played.

The banquets can be easily moved after the bowl/playoff games. Saying that they need to be right after the season and before the bowl/playoff games is BS.

The 35 bowl games is something you got a point of but I think it's possible that they can schedule the bowl games and the playoff games all in December. I don't think it matters if the Tire Care Bowl is played in January since it's rather insignificant.

Division I college football is the most screwed up system ever. Every other sport has a normal playoff structure and play these games immediately after the season. This is the time where we should just screw tradition and be like every other sport structure wise. It will still be the most popular college sport regardless.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As much as I am disappointed that Alabama (and the SEC) won again, at least I won $135 off the gaudy score.

Except Alabama scored on it's first drive.

Now, Notre Dame didn't belong in that game, but let's not overreact. There are only a few teams capable of beating Alabama simply because of their raw talent.

I just want to compliment Alabama though. They hid their defense by simply having the best offensive line in college football. And that's exactly why I don't expect a threepeat, almost all of that O-Line is gone. Alabama may avoid the big boys in the east, but a road game against A&M early on? Not happening.

Can't wait for next season.

Manti Te'o just pulled the elementary school "I have a girlfriend, she just goes to another school," prank on the entire country.

Manti Te'o just pulled the elementary school "I have a girlfriend, she just goes to another school," prank on the entire country.
Maybe that's why he tackled so horribly in the NCG. He was trying to hug his imaginary girlfriend.

Who knew that the star linebacker couldn't get a girlfriend and had to resort making up a fake one? I thought just saying star linebacker gets load of chicks automatically.

National championships suck nowadays. Never a close matchup, just the SEC team smashing these inferior teams over and over. Notre Dame was nothing but a product of meeia hype and it's a shame they don't just make the sec championship the title game from now on, as the two SEC representatives are the best teams. In fact, the BCS bowls should be reserved for all SEC teams and the other shitty teams can have fun in the compass bowl.
Yeh, any team must be pretty shitty to go undefeated against one of the toughest schedules in the countr

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Teo's pretty much undraftable at this point, you know that guys? If I were a GM, I would not even consider him unless something comes out exonerating him (or if I ran the Jets I guess). If nothing else, he'd be an instant media circus just from walking in the building.

I mean, who has the most to gain from a Heisman sob story that just happens to project a marginally above average NFL prospect (late 1st/2nd round caliber) to Heisman consideration which means a guaranteed top 10-15 selection because defensive players aren't even in the running for the Heisman?

Certainly not Man'ti Teo!

Also the problem with the SEC is that they don't face quality quarterbacks on a consistent basis. Manziel as a RS freshman tore up SEC defenses. Granted, he had the best OL in the country with 2 tackles that could start RIGHT NOW for some of the teams in the NFCCG/AFCCG but...

Just checking in: Does the ACC STILL have a BCS Bid? If so, why??? Georgia Tech made it to a bowl game from that conference and they lost to Middle Tennessee State by four touchdowns! And Boston College should consider dropping football entirely. Matt Ryan isn't walking through that door.

The SEC will be awesome again next year. USCe, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida are all loaded and Tennessee finally got rid of Dooley. I love the way the SEC plays...except Kentucky. Let's trade them to the ACC for Louisville.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)