NCAA Football 2012 Thread

Well, BCS finally gets a four team playoff system (granted, it won't be for a while). Maybe we'll finally avoid situations like Oklahoma St. and 2009 Cincinnati/TCU.

EDIT:New preseason Top 25 Poll, from the USA Today Poll.

1 LSU (18) 0-0 1403
2 Alabama (20) 0-0 1399
3 USC (19) 0-0 1388
4 Oklahoma 0-0 1276
5 Oregon 0-0 1258
6 Georgia 0-0 1061
7 Florida State 0-0 1055
8 Michigan 0-0 1023
9 South Carolina 0-0 981
10 Arkansas 0-0 948
11 West Virginia 0-0 833
12 Wisconsin 0-0 743
13 Michigan State 0-0 717
14 Clemson 0-0 598
15 Texas 0-0 549
16 Nebraska 0-0 501
17 TCU 0-0 499
18 Stanford 0-0 497
19 Oklahoma State 0-0 476
20 Virginia Tech 0-0 461
21 Kansas State 0-0 398
22 Boise State 0-0 271
23 Florida 0-0 250
24 Notre Dame 0-0 166
25 Auburn 0-0 66

Glad to see USC back on top post-Carroll. I'm hoping Barkley doesn't regret his decision to not enter the draft last year.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The last starting QB to officially win a game for Penn State: Mike McQueary

:happybrain:

UGA all the way!

Hopefully the entire team doesn't get dismissed by the end of the year :(

Where are those players supposed to go now? Who would even have room for them?
Not sure on how the rules work, but I'm sure for the good ones that other top colleges would be willing to drop a prospect or something...or optionally I think I read they can "borrow" against future scholarships from the next year too.

lolmichigan

also, georgia is gonna drop in bcs standings because buffalo scored over 20 points -_-

oh well. the new freshmen RBs look nasty.

Not far; South Carolina/Michigan looked/look far worse and are going to drop from 8/9.

Alabama too strongth, they're making Michigan look like a sun belt team.

Denard's lucky he didnt take himself out of the game trying to knock down Milliner.

EDIT: And this Clemson/Auburn game is looking ugly as well.

well... michigan could be savannah state...

losing 70-0 with 3 minutes left in the fucking third quarter..

So out of random curiosity (and mind you I in no way follow college football), why does everyone seem to hate Michigan? Like the other day on Yahoo there was a story about a kindergartener who got sent home from school in Ohio for wearing one. In a more creepy one, there was one as well where someone was selling t-shirts saying they're rather shower at Penn State than support Michigan or something like that. So yeah...I get the whole rivalry thing, but it seems to be more across the US instead of local. I guess it's akin to how everyone hates (or if you're a fan, love) the Cowboys or Patriots (in the general sense)?

well... michigan could be savannah state...

losing 70-0 with 3 minutes left in the fucking third quarter..
Hey, at least it wasn't like OSU (Okla. State) and their opponent...ooooh, you are talking about that, too...

FSU kicked my college's (Murray State) butt. And guess who they play...poor Savannah State...:/

Gillisilee for Heisman? :chaos:

Also fuck you Alabama. They got rid of Richardson and Ingram, and had an average back in Lacie and now this Yeldon kid is a good too.

So out of random curiosity (and mind you I in no way follow college football), why does everyone seem to hate Michigan? Like the other day on Yahoo there was a story about a kindergartener who got sent home from school in Ohio for wearing one. In a more creepy one, there was one as well where someone was selling t-shirts saying they're rather shower at Penn State than support Michigan or something like that. So yeah...I get the whole rivalry thing, but it seems to be more across the US instead of local. I guess it's akin to how everyone hates (or if you're a fan, love) the Cowboys or Patriots (in the general sense)?
I love Michigan! Losing to much-hated Alabama is just a double whammy ='(

The hate's from the Big 10 though, which isn't surprising. They are the winningest team in the entire nation by a large margin. They have the highest win % of any team in Division I, besides 2nd newest member South Alabama (only been around 2 seasons). They have numerous conference titles, so they're hated by literally every team in the Big 10. Really, it's less of a Cowboys hate and more of a Yankees hate - they've been around a while, they have a lot of wins, and somewhere along the line they've probably beaten your team for something important.

Please tell me Oklahoma State didn't leave their starters in the whole game .-.
I think that game might have been a little closer than people predicted.

Also, looks like Oregon might put up a similiar score (against a slightly more competent team nevertheless)

I love Michigan! Losing to much-hated Alabama is just a double whammy ='(

The hate's from the Big 10 though, which isn't surprising. They are the winningest team in the entire nation by a large margin. They have the highest win % of any team in Division I, besides 2nd newest member South Alabama (only been around 2 seasons). They have numerous conference titles, so they're hated by literally every team in the Big 10. Really, it's less of a Cowboys hate and more of a Yankees hate - they've been around a while, they have a lot of wins, and somewhere along the line they've probably beaten your team for something important.
Well the only reason that Bama is so damn good at collegiate football is because they have no pro sports or anything, so all their star athletes flame out early in UNI football.

In other news, let's go Huskers GBR!!!
Taylor Martinez threw for 354 yards and completely owned Southern Miss. If he maintains this level of poise and accuracy, Nebraska is gonna wipe the floor with the rest of the conference. Especially if his running game kicks into overdrive like 2010-2011

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)