NCAA March Madness 2010

yeah i thought that most of his picks were solid except for Purdue, but hell, I didn't forsee Syracuse AND Kansas losing before the elite eight, so anything can happen. But the first game of the sweet sixteen dooms his bracket, oh well. Him getting it perfect would be a nightmare for actuaries.

Last year's Big East Tournament (at least I think it was last year's) had a 6 OT thriller between Syracuse and UConn. This Xavier-Kansas State game is the best one I've seen since. Wow!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Why do Xavier shoot threes all the time.....I wish that they were just a little more patient sometimes :( (yes I'm going for the lower seed in pretty much every non Tennessee match!)

that's how most teams in the A10 play, because they don't have as many big men. It got em to the sweet 16, and they took the 2 seed to double overtime, so I can't really fault them for it. Dayton and URI used that same general strategy to get to Madison Square Garden in the NIT so while I don't like the "three points all day!!" strategy really it seems to work for these guys.

aww wanted xavier to win lol oh well.

im hoping purdue wins today too, well pretty much i want all upsets now since my bracket is screwed

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Vols up by 5 with 3 or so minutes left yeahhhh cmon boys!!!! They are playing much more like a team then Ohio, being patient and working it around to get the ball inside. Even though I'm a Vols fan, this is amongst the most beautiful ball movement I've seen from any team all tournament. Ohio have Turner and have a few talented players, but they keep settling for the first shot they get and they are shooting themselves in the foot.

EDIT: YEAHHHHH ELITE 8!!!

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Only shot I had of winning was if Ohio State got to the finals... and, of course, they lost. Guess there's always next year.

Well, Cinderella slippers don't necessarily fit that well after the Sweet 16; Cornell and now St. Mary's have shown that. And I was rooting for Samhan, too. Oh well. The ratings for the Final Four might have tanked if they had made it all the way there. They did when George Mason made their run.

Stallion

Tree Young
Seeing as my bracket is fucked anyway, and I don't mind Purdue under normal circumstances (let alone when they're Hummel-less and now underdogs) I really do hope that they beat Duke.

too bad duke pulled through, i really though purdue had it. but look at baylor they are lookin real good i expect them to beat duke

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Once again MSU comes through and puts me on top!

Watch them win this year and I'll lose because of it.
even as a michigan state fan i still can't comprehend why you'd pick them to beat kansas or kansas st in the final four.. these seem like terrible match ups for the green and white

tennessee is going to be just as tough too. lucious still worries me but he's filled in admirably for lucas so hopefully he can keep it going.

go green!

Anybody think WVU can upset Kentucky tonight?

I'm from WV, therefore a huge WVU fan. If Kentucky beats us, I won't be too upset if they in turn beat Duke. Duke and UNC Basketball are 2 out of my top 5 sports teams that I hate the most.

Most WVU fans are preparing for failure tonight btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)