Need For Sand

So yeah , this is my first post and my first RMT on smogon forums. I have been on forums (without an account) and i've learned a lot about competitive battles. I am still a rookie , but i've got some experience. Sandstorm is my favorite weather , i don't really know way , but god i just like it! XD The team is not really spectacular , neither original , but i want an opinion about it.

The Team​

The changes are in bold!

Weather introducer

lol SAND! (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
This is the basic physical wall Hippo. Even if my team is more offensive , i prefer Hippo over Ttar , because he would add to many weakness to my team , and Hippo got that recovery in Slack Off , helping in keeping it alive , and so it give me a nice toy in the weather war. Eathquake is for STAB , Stealth Rock is there because SR is an awsome and useful move for every team. I changed Ice Fang for Whirlwind , to stop Calm Mind Users to set up on my Hippo , and deals more damage with SR.

Sand Abusers

Scooby Doo (Stoutland) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
I really like Stoutland. Sandslash is a great Sand Rusher too , but i prefer Stoutland for his better coverage. First time when i used it , Stoutland had Chople Berry , it was useful but i just need more power , and i traded Chopple Berry for Life Orb. Return hits everything that doesn't resist (and that isn't a physical wall) hard. Superpower and Crunch are for the Steel or Rock/Ghost types that resist/are immune to Return , Wild Charge is for annoying bulky Water types (especially Jellicent).

Bully (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
Terrakion was a huge threat in BW1 , and IMO , he still is. In sand he get 50% more Sp Def , making him one of the best Genesect counters. It outspeed CScarf Gene , and 2HKO him. (well , most Gene don't stay in , and just u turn on my terrakion , but he resist u-turn). It also check Tornadus-T , outspeed the variants without Choice Scarf and KO with Stone Edge. It counters Volcarona... He is a beast! I prefer Choice Scarf and Jolly for more speed , maybe , maybe i will meet an Adamant Terrakion and i will outspeed. The moves need no explications with exception for EQ. I prefer this move over things like Quick Attack or Rock Slide because so i can't be walled by Toxicroak , Tentacruel , or Nidothings.
PS: Stone Edge miss sux , i used Rock Slide before , but it really didn't impress me.

Pokemons that helps my team

Bianca (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Latios was a good Pokemon. But Latias is better for team. Adding some bulk to team , now Breloom and Conkeldurr are walled better by Latias. Well , this Pokemon got a second change. From CM Sweeper , Latias is now Life Orb Tank. Helped my team a lot in dealing with Breloom and Gliscor. Almost nobody expect this set , and I got a lot of KOs by surprise factor. This set is basic , deals a lot to every oponent , even special walls. Most Steel Types didn't even expect HP Fire to hit them so hard.

BathTime (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
I think you have in mind 2 things when you see this Rotom-W. 1. Why he isn't running Choice Scarf? I find Choice Specs better , it gives me the kills I need , and with 252 Spd and Timid Nature , still Outspeed some things... and he is quite bulky so he can take some hits. 2. Why i am using Thunderbolt instead of Volt Switch? Sometimes i just need Rotom-W to stay in , dealing electric damage , I could use both Volt Switch and Thunderbolt , but Trick is useful to make things like Pink Blobs , Ferrothorn , Foretress , Gastrodon useless. Having a resistence to water and having electric STAB , this guy helps a lot with rain teams too!

THE B!TCH

HAAX!! (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch

Jirachi does what Ferrothorn used to and even more. Counter a lot of Rain threats , and paralyzing stuff I need. And Paraflinch strategy is making him The Real B!tch. Now my team is not so weak to fighting , and i Have great Special Wall (that works great with Hippo). Fire Punch is for annoying steel types that think they can switch into my Jirachi. Jirachi is having great recover in Wish and it hepls my team with wish passing also. Jirachi's Hax For The Win!

Threats
Something that my team deals hard with is Jellicent. I have Rotom-W , but Jellicent could just use Toxic then spam Recover unitl Rotom dies. Same problem with Gastrodon and Quagsire. Another big threats I can't really find.​

Yeah, Latias and Reuniculus can be problematic with this team, and have no problem taking it down. Specially Defensive Jirachi can take Calm Mind users like a beast, and Paraflinch them down. It also has Wish, which can revitalize your team. It should go in place of either Terrakion or Rotom-W.
Jirachi @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spe
Nature: Careful
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Also, if you find that you are not using Ferrothorn's Leech Seed that much, you can always replace Leech Seed with Spikes. Good luck.

@A dude
Thanks for suggestion. I will try Jirachi and I will see how it goes with my team. I don't know about Spikes , because i don't have Spinblocker and Leech Seed is kinda useful to annoy other Pokemons. XD

Hi there,

Nice Sand Team you have here, however you look like you have some troubles with physical attackers. Breloom and Conkeldurr both look annoying to face, as your only fighting resist is Latios who still takes a lot from it's weak physical defense. Your main physical wall Hippowdon is used as setup fodder for Breloom as it Spores Hippowdon and sets up a Swords Dance. From here it can tear through your team, being able to OHKO everything if Latios is weakened. To help with this weakness, I'd highly recommend you try out a Calm Mind Latias over your current Life Orb Latios. Latias fixed up some of the issues you had trouble with previously. With better bulk it can help against Conkeldurr and Breloom more reliably, as well as helping you greatly against Rain Teams carrying Thundurus-T, who also look annoying. With Psychic, you beat Conkeldurr and Breloom as they try to set up clearing the way for Terrakion and Stoutland to sweep. You also have a much better chance against Infernape who you described as one of the biggest problems to your team, as you can take a U-Turn / Hidden Power [Ice] with ease and shrug off the damahe. Calm Mind Latias also gives you an additional answer to Keldeo, as your only real way to deal with it is hope it isn't scarfed and revenge it with Terrakion.

By replacing Latios with Latias, you might have a harder time against opposing Latias. They can easily Calm Mind in the face of Hippowdon, as Ice Fang does not 2HKO while none of your other team members really dare switch in to it. Stoutland and Terrakion cannot OHKO Latias while Ferrothorn fears a potential Hidden Power [Fire]. Rotom-W can Trick it to stop it Calm Minding, but Specs can also help out Latias after a couple boosts and allow it to break through Ferrothorn when choice locked into Dragon Pulse or Psychic. To help with your Latias issue, I'd recommend you run Whirlwind over Ice Fang on Hippowdon. With your current Hippowdon set, there are very few Dragons that can actually break through Hippowdon. Those hit hard by Ice Fang (Salamence, Dragonite, Haxorus) cannot beat your Hippowdon one on one, so Ice Fang is kind of redudant. With Whirlwind, you stop all attempts to setup against Hippowdon, racking up more Stealth Rock damage while also phasing out Latias. This stops it from racking up Calm Minds to the point where it can beat Hippowdon. By continually phasing it out, you force it to Recover or attack, eitherway it is weakening itself by hazards and cannot break through Hippowdon without a couple boosts. The extra damage might be small, but it can be enough to put it into OHKO range for Terrakion or Stoutland, which can mean the difference between a sweep and a losing battle. This also helps you to phase out Calm Mind Jirachi to stop its boosting shenanigans and spreading paralysis around your team, crippling your Terrakion and Stoutland is not what you want.

I also looked over your Stoutland set, and noticed something that you could change. You mentioned that your team had trouble with Scarf Infernape and other fighting types as they outspeed your Stoutland by 1 Speed point which is unfortunate. To help with this, I'd recommend you try out running a Jolly Nature on Stoutland. With a Jolly Nature, you outspeed Scarf Infernape as well as other scarfers around the same speed such as Keldeo and Terrakion. If you go with this change, I'd also recommend you change your Stoutland's EV spread to 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe. With this spread, you hit 526 Speed in Sand, enough to outspeed Timid Scarf Latios by 1, arguably the fastest benchmark that is relevant. This spread is also good because you retain a little bit of bulk with the HP investment which can be helpful for living certain priorities such as Scizor's Bullet Punch and Mamoswine's Ice Shard. This is important when you're running a Life Orb set and have no spinner, as you will be quickly racking up damage on yourself and will want to prolong your sweep for as long as possible.

Finally, I noticed your Ferrothorn set seemed kind of counter productive. Your current set running Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave seems contradictory, as Thunder Wave only drops Gyro Balls base power. Both on the same set seems like a bad idea, especially when Ferrothorn has pretty severe 4mss. I'd recommend you run Spikes > Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn. You also might want to use Spikes over Thunder Wave, but for your team I feel Thunder Wave is more important, for crippling faster mons that commonly switch into Ferrothorn. Spikes is great for extra damage with Sandstorm that will quickly take it's toll on the opponent. If you choose to run a Jolly Stoutland with the EV spread I suggested, you will lose some of the power you originally had. Spikes adds back that small bit of damage you miss out on, will also helping Terrakion and Rotom-W turn the 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Good luck!

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Recover

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, pretty neat team you got here!

First off I suggest a bit of an item change on you Stoutland. Instead of Life Orb, I suggest trying out a more potent Choice Band set with Pursuit over Crunch. Choice Band is Stoutland's best item as it gives it the most possible power when attacking and spamming Return. While Pursuit allows you to try a troublesome threat to your team, Gengar. Stoutland is strong enough to take out fleeing Gengar with relative ease, which is a huge asset that your team can abuse. I also suggest trying out a different move over Earthquake on Terrakion. I suggest either Rock Slide or Toxic to give you a much better option. The coverage Earthquake gives is just not good enough to garner a slot on Terrakion, so I suggest trying out Rock Slide to give you a better option to slam Volcarona more with more accuracy, or Toxic to cripple walls so you can hit them later much harder. This benefits Stoutland as well as you can build up residual damage with continuous switching in. Finally, I think you should change up Hippowdon's spread a little to a more Specially Defensive One of 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def Careful to give you a solid check to Calm Mind Jirachi which you noted in your threatlist.

As you stated, you have quite the problem with CM Sweepers such as Reuniclus and Latias who can demolish you with ease. You have no way to stop them once they start to set up, which means you practically automatically lose once they get the ball rolling. The same deal with Breloom and Conkelldurr, both huge threats also. To remedy this problem, I suggest making 2 larger scale changes to the team to give you the best possible outcome. My first suggestion is to change up Latios with his twin sister, Latias to give you a much bulkier Pokemon that can handle Breloom with ease along with Infernape. In pair with Latias, I suggest trying out another Pokemon over your current Ferrothorn in the shape of Specially Defensive Jirachi. Jirachi gives you a reliable check to Calm Mind Latias, Tornadus -T, and Reuniclus. While also providing some very good paralysis and Wish support to your entire team. Jirachi gives you some well needed Rain and dragon checks, and with Latias over Latios, you now have some other bulky aside from Ferrothorn to check Rotom-W and other bulky waters.

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for suggestions! It helped me a lot.

First off I suggest a bit of an item change on you Stoutland. Instead of Life Orb, I suggest trying out a more potent Choice Band set with Pursuit over Crunch. Choice Band is Stoutland's best item as it gives it the most possible power when attacking and spamming Return. While Pursuit allows you to try a troublesome threat to your team, Gengar. Stoutland is strong enough to take out fleeing Gengar with relative ease, which is a huge asset that your team can abuse. I also suggest trying out a different move over Earthquake on Terrakion. I suggest either Rock Slide or Toxic to give you a much better option. The coverage Earthquake gives is just not good enough to garner a slot on Terrakion, so I suggest trying out Rock Slide to give you a better option to slam Volcarona more with more accuracy, or Toxic to cripple walls so you can hit them later much harder. This benefits Stoutland as well as you can build up residual damage with continuous switching in. Finally, I think you should change up Hippowdon's spread a little to a more Specially Defensive One of 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def Careful to give you a solid check to Calm Mind Jirachi which you noted in your threatlist.

As you stated, you have quite the problem with CM Sweepers such as Reuniclus and Latias who can demolish you with ease. You have no way to stop them once they start to set up, which means you practically automatically lose once they get the ball rolling. The same deal with Breloom and Conkelldurr, both huge threats also. To remedy this problem, I suggest making 2 larger scale changes to the team to give you the best possible outcome. My first suggestion is to change up Latios with his twin sister, Latias to give you a much bulkier Pokemon that can handle Breloom with ease along with Infernape. In pair with Latias, I suggest trying out another Pokemon over your current Ferrothorn in the shape of Specially Defensive Jirachi. Jirachi gives you a reliable check to Calm Mind Latias, Tornadus -T, and Reuniclus. While also providing some very good paralysis and Wish support to your entire team. Jirachi gives you some well needed Rain and dragon checks, and with Latias over Latios, you now have some other bulky aside from Ferrothorn to check Rotom-W and other bulky waters.

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Good luck!
The main reason why Stoutland doesn't have Choice Band is because i would have 3 Pokemons with Choice Item (I usually don't have more than 2). Yeah , Rotom-W can Trick it but still... That's why Stoutland doesn't have CB. Also , I tested both Rock Slide and Toxic , I chosed EQ because it gives me some safe hits againts some poison types. And thanks a lot for those sets. Helped me a lot. I just switched Protect for Fire Punch just for coverage.

Hi there,

Nice Sand Team you have here, however you look like you have some troubles with physical attackers. Breloom and Conkeldurr both look annoying to face, as your only fighting resist is Latios who still takes a lot from it's weak physical defense. Your main physical wall Hippowdon is used as setup fodder for Breloom as it Spores Hippowdon and sets up a Swords Dance. From here it can tear through your team, being able to OHKO everything if Latios is weakened. To help with this weakness, I'd highly recommend you try out a Calm Mind Latias over your current Life Orb Latios. Latias fixed up some of the issues you had trouble with previously. With better bulk it can help against Conkeldurr and Breloom more reliably, as well as helping you greatly against Rain Teams carrying Thundurus-T, who also look annoying. With Psychic, you beat Conkeldurr and Breloom as they try to set up clearing the way for Terrakion and Stoutland to sweep. You also have a much better chance against Infernape who you described as one of the biggest problems to your team, as you can take a U-Turn / Hidden Power [Ice] with ease and shrug off the damahe. Calm Mind Latias also gives you an additional answer to Keldeo, as your only real way to deal with it is hope it isn't scarfed and revenge it with Terrakion.

By replacing Latios with Latias, you might have a harder time against opposing Latias. They can easily Calm Mind in the face of Hippowdon, as Ice Fang does not 2HKO while none of your other team members really dare switch in to it. Stoutland and Terrakion cannot OHKO Latias while Ferrothorn fears a potential Hidden Power [Fire]. Rotom-W can Trick it to stop it Calm Minding, but Specs can also help out Latias after a couple boosts and allow it to break through Ferrothorn when choice locked into Dragon Pulse or Psychic. To help with your Latias issue, I'd recommend you run Whirlwind over Ice Fang on Hippowdon. With your current Hippowdon set, there are very few Dragons that can actually break through Hippowdon. Those hit hard by Ice Fang (Salamence, Dragonite, Haxorus) cannot beat your Hippowdon one on one, so Ice Fang is kind of redudant. With Whirlwind, you stop all attempts to setup against Hippowdon, racking up more Stealth Rock damage while also phasing out Latias. This stops it from racking up Calm Minds to the point where it can beat Hippowdon. By continually phasing it out, you force it to Recover or attack, eitherway it is weakening itself by hazards and cannot break through Hippowdon without a couple boosts. The extra damage might be small, but it can be enough to put it into OHKO range for Terrakion or Stoutland, which can mean the difference between a sweep and a losing battle. This also helps you to phase out Calm Mind Jirachi to stop its boosting shenanigans and spreading paralysis around your team, crippling your Terrakion and Stoutland is not what you want.

I also looked over your Stoutland set, and noticed something that you could change. You mentioned that your team had trouble with Scarf Infernape and other fighting types as they outspeed your Stoutland by 1 Speed point which is unfortunate. To help with this, I'd recommend you try out running a Jolly Nature on Stoutland. With a Jolly Nature, you outspeed Scarf Infernape as well as other scarfers around the same speed such as Keldeo and Terrakion. If you go with this change, I'd also recommend you change your Stoutland's EV spread to 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe. With this spread, you hit 526 Speed in Sand, enough to outspeed Timid Scarf Latios by 1, arguably the fastest benchmark that is relevant. This spread is also good because you retain a little bit of bulk with the HP investment which can be helpful for living certain priorities such as Scizor's Bullet Punch and Mamoswine's Ice Shard. This is important when you're running a Life Orb set and have no spinner, as you will be quickly racking up damage on yourself and will want to prolong your sweep for as long as possible.

Finally, I noticed your Ferrothorn set seemed kind of counter productive. Your current set running Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave seems contradictory, as Thunder Wave only drops Gyro Balls base power. Both on the same set seems like a bad idea, especially when Ferrothorn has pretty severe 4mss. I'd recommend you run Spikes > Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn. You also might want to use Spikes over Thunder Wave, but for your team I feel Thunder Wave is more important, for crippling faster mons that commonly switch into Ferrothorn. Spikes is great for extra damage with Sandstorm that will quickly take it's toll on the opponent. If you choose to run a Jolly Stoutland with the EV spread I suggested, you will lose some of the power you originally had. Spikes adds back that small bit of damage you miss out on, will also helping Terrakion and Rotom-W turn the 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Good luck!

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Recover
I really liked the EVs for Stoutland and Nature , but after the changes at my team , i really need Adamant and Ice Fang. Gliscor is now a really big threat , and i need full attack power and Ice Fang to stop a little that scorpion-bat. It's not OHKO , but kinda scare Gliscors. Thanks for suggesting me Whirlwind on Hippo , it helped me. But I prefer Physical Tank , because now , with Jirachi and Latias , I have 2 mons , with great SpDef. Also I like Latias , but I just used HP Fire , for steel types. Dragon Pulse does a lot to Conk and Breloom.

I will update the RMT soon with changes.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Allen Blaze, nice team. I have one very similiar and I know first hand how amazing Stoutland can be in OU.

As you know, you used to have Latios in this team but you swapped it out for a CM Latias due to Jimbon's suggestion because your Latios lacked the bulk it needed to switch in on resisted hits. But now you have big problems with Breloom, Gliscor etc. because you lack the power to take them out. To remedy this I suggest running a Life Orb Tank Latias over your current CM set. This Latias is essentially a slower, bulkier Latios and litterally checks your entire threatlist except Infernape. Although you'll miss the speed, the extra power and coverage let's you OHKO Breloom, Lucario, Gliscor, Mamoswine etc. and more than makes up for it. This Latias also maintains some nice suprise factor that may be able to turn the tables in a losing battle.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf / Psyshock
- Recover

The HP EVs give you reasonable bulk and a favourable Life Orb recoil number, the Speed is to outspeed neutral base 100s and the rest is dumped into Special Attack to hit with as much power as possible. The moves are a standard fare Latios set and they provide great coverage. Psychock can be used over Surf if you really want to be able to break through weakened Blissey and have a secondary STAB.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

Hey Allen Blaze thanks for the pm and nice team!

You mentioned Gliscor as a big threat to the team. The SubToxic variant definably looks troublesome because it has alot of useful resistances and immunities to your team e.g Ground, Fighting, Normal and none of your members like Toxic at all apart from Jirachi due to his immunity However Jirachi can't do much back and will get destroyed by Gliscors stab Earthqauke. Even with the changes you have made Breloom still looks painful to deal with if Latias goes to sleep or gets weakend. With Bullet Seed and Mach Punch Breloom can destroy Rotom-W, Terrakion and Stoutland quite easily.

To help against these to threats i suggest Expert Belt Jirachi>Specially Defensive Jirachi Expert Belt Jirachi can outspeed Breloom and Adamant max speed Gliscor and destroy them both with Hidden Power [Ice]. This set is also amazing in bluffing the Choice Scarf and lets you lure in Skarmory thinking you are locked into Iron Head only to be destroyed by a Thunderbolt. With the amazing ability to lure in Skarmory and Ko it Terrakion and Stoutland will have an easier time cleaning up your opponents team late game. The Jirachi still keeps Fire Punch and Iron Head much like your old Jirachi but he also has Hidden Power [Ice] and Thunderbolt to make him a great mixed attacker. This change effectivly deals with the two main threats of your team without really changing Jirachi. The only problem with that is your team is now a bit weaker to rain because Jirachi can't wall as much special attacks as he used to, he can still take on Draco Meteors due to his resists but moves like rain boosted Hydro Pumps will be more damaging.

Now as i mentioned earlier with no defensive investment in Jirachi rain offense looks a bit more difficult to handle to remedy this Chestorest Rotom-W>Choice Specs Rotom-W This pokemon is great to use against rain teams due to his useful Flying, and Water resists and max Hp and Sp Def investment. He still keeps his Stab Hydro Pump and Volt Switch which are a deadly combination to use against rain while this Rotom-W can use Will-o-Wisp to cripple Breloom switch ins making Breloom simply set up fodder for Latias. Will-o-Wisp also cripples Ferrothorn quite well making them easier to wear down. However the best thing about this set is the use of Chesto Berry and Rest. This lets Rotom-W recover its Hp back when it needs to while much like Expert Belt Jirachi, lets you bluff the choice-item as well. Chesto Berry also lets you eat a Spore from Breloom or Amoongus if Rotom-W finds himself on the field at the same time as either Breloom or Amoongus although Rotom-W has to watch out for their Grass-Type stabs.

If you decide to go with these changes you will find that you only have one choice-item user in Terrakion, due to Rotom-W losing its Choice Specs. This means your Stoutland can afford to use a Choice Band>Life Orb Choice Band gives Stoutland alot more power in its attacks while it doesn't really need the freedom to switch moves as Stoutland will usually just be sent out late game to clean up. Choice Band also lets Stoutland enjoy no recoil damage which is great because once Life Orb damage starts piling up Stoutland is going to have a hard time sweeping. Another thing worth changing on your Stoutland is the ev spread. You don't really need 252 evs in speed because you don't get any notable speed ties except with +2 Dragonite who lets be honest won't get enough time to get to +2 a spread of 32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spe>4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe allows you to outspeed Sandslash in sand while you get a little more investment into Hp so you can better take priority moves.

good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Jirachi @ Expert Belt | Serene Grace
Naive | 152 Atk / 204 SpA / 152 Spe
Iron Head | Hidden Power [Ice] | Fire Punch | Thunderbolt

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry | Levitate
Calm | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Sp Def
Hydro Pump | Volt Switch | Will-o-Wisp | Rest

Tl;dr
Jirachi
.Expert Belt Set--->Specially Defensive Set

Rotom-W
.Chestorest Set--->Choice Specs Set

Stoutland
.Choice Band--->Life Orb
.32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spe--->4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~Superpowerdude

Thanks a lot for Rates. I've found some really interesting things.
@ The Great Mighty Doom
This set looks great. It does what Latios used to , but with better bulk. It helped my team a lot.

@Superpowerdude
Interesting suggestions. What really got my eye is the set for Jirachi. I've tested it and worked really great. Sadly , Rotom-W can't really do Jirachi's job , because of his lower HP , it can't paralyze (well , I tested one with Twave) and , most important , CM sweepers are a huge trait again. I think I'm gonna leave it so... But , God , this set is so amazing , I think I'm gonna build a team around this set , it's so awesome. Also , thanks for EVs suggestion for Stoutland , it really helped me for some wins (even one against a Sandslash).

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
This team seems pretty solid, but I can't help but notice it has a huge weakness to Skarmory, Gliscor and Hippowdon, and to Stall teams in general. Your team lacks any pokemon that can break through Stall teams walls, your best hope being Rotom-W's Trick, which honestly isn't enough as you will only get to cripple 1 pokemon (and the pokemon Rotom-W lures and can cripple are special walls / grass types, and your physical attackers have very different counters). The weakness to stall teams is further increasing by the lack of a Rapid Spin user, which means that pokemon like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Jirachi or [insert hazard settler] can set up Spikes or / and Stealth Rock, which spell doom for your team.

The easiest thing to solve this problem is changing Terrakion's set to a Swords Dance one. Choice Scarf Terrakion isn't necessary because you already have Stoutland to revenge kill set up sweepers, and it only increases the problem with Skarmory and Gliscor. However, with a Swords Dance set, Terrakion can lure and kill most physical walls, which means Stoutland will have an easier time sweeping later on the game. Here's the set:

Terrakion@Life Orb | Justified
Jolly Nature | 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance / Close Combat / Stone Edge / Rock Polish

I suggested Specially Defensive Jirachi because the team lacked some Defense on the team. Too much offense really hurts when you need to fall back on someone to take a hit for the team.

Hello, Blaze, nice team.
Your team seems a bit weak to Amoonguss so I suggest that you try Psyshock > Surf on Latias as this will help with Amoonguss and also give you another STAB move which is always nice. Also, I recommend a Bulky Rotom-W set to give you a better switch into Sheer Force Landorus, which is always annoying to any team.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This team has a lot of trouble with stall, as Skarmory can set up with impunity on Hippowdon or Jirachi and you lack any real wall-breaking power; with four grounded mons and no spinner, you're going to be worn down extremely quickly, which is playing into the hands of the stall user.

I'd give bulky Starmie a try over Rotom-W; while this adds another grounded mon, it's worth it because of Rapid Spin, which will go a long way in helping this team face stall. Starmie also synergises well with this team, as it lures in Latias' counters and cripples them with Scald burns.

I also agree with DestinyUnknown, you don't need Terrakion as a Scarfer with Stoutland being capable of revenge killing almost anything, so a Swords Dance set further helps solve the issue with stall. However, instead of the Double Dancer, I recommend testing out SubSD with Rock Gem. It provides protection against revenge killing, can potentially bluff choice, and the extra kick to Stone Edge will help pave the way for a late-game Stoutland sweep.

Thanks for suggestion everyone. I will test some of them later. ;)

@DestinyUnknown
DoubleDancer sounds interesting but I don't know he is so good is breaking physical walls.

@High Impulse
Sheer Force Landorus really looks at a problem for team. But his usage is so low , I don't know i should change the set just for him. (I've already tested Special Def Rotom-W but he really didn't impress me that much). But I might try Psyshock over Surf and I will see how it will work.

@BKC
SubSD really sounds great. I will test it and see how it works.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
The reason why I suggested that Terrakion set is that this team needs as much wallbreaking power as posible, especially against Skarmory and Hippowdon, which can both play around Rock Gem Terrakion (Hippowdon beats it no matter what, while Skarmory:
+2 Rock Gem Stone Edge vs 252 / 252 Impish Skarmory: 277-327 (82.93 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and +2 Close Combat: 222-262 (66.46 - 78.44%). Which basically means that, in the case Terrakion has wasted the item already Skarmory can beat it.

However, with Life Orb:
+2 Jolly Life Orb Close Combat vs 252 / 252 Impish Skarmory: 289-341 (86.52 - 102.09%)

Now that I think about it, you could give Adamant Double Dance Terrakion a whirl, because your team needs as much wallbreaking power as possible and the lost speed shouldn't matter much... Plus, against offensive teams you can always use Rock Polish to threaten them so (again) the lose on Speed isn't much of a problem. If you're interested, look at this calcs:

+2 252 Atk Adamant Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 244 Def Impish Leftovers Hippowdon : 359-422 (85.47 - 100.47%)

+2 252 Atk Adamant Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Impish Leftovers Skarmory : 316-372 (94.61 - 111.37%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Adamant Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 184 Def Impish Poison Heal Gliscor : 300-355 (84.74 - 100.28%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)