Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
My offensive power house. Thunder for other ogres and anything with wings. Ice beam for any dragons that maybe rrunning around. Origin pulse terrific high power stab move especially in the rain. Slightly weaker than hydro pump but slightly more accurate. Now here's the special part HP ground hits Primaldon for right about 50% so if you know he's. Coming infire off an hp ground to do some good damage then switch out to giratina which groudon really cant do much to.
upload_2015-3-28_2-36-16.jpeg

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpA / 76 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
Good bye Xerneas. This is my custom set I found Xerneas in perticular the geomancy set to he quite annoying, it is able to take any hit from Xerneas Including the elusive psychic and less so psyshock. Without a calm mind it does over 80% to Xerneas. Earth power helps to deal with annoying steel types and other pokemon that resist poison.

upload_2015-3-28_3-29-14.jpeg

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
Adamant Banded Ho oh set with max speed to out-speed PDon and Pogre(sometimes) as well as bulky Yveltal and Xerneas. A perfect stall breaker that can also be harsh on Balanced builds and on most calm mind Arceus forms. It's also a sleep sponge mainly against Darkrai.

Giratina-Origin
upload_2015-3-28_2-36-16.jpeg
upload_2015-3-28_3-11-42.jpeg
upload_2015-3-28_3-29-14.jpeg
@ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
A bulky offensive set with dual special stabs to hit really hard and mainly tocheck Primal Groudon whether it's the offensive set or the bulky Stealth Rock Set(Defog).It can also check other physical threats.And finally Toxic is to cripple some switch ins like Ho oh for example and Support Ceus forms. It checks Extreme Killer and Groundceus sweeper sets well, Immune to stabs while most E killers are running Stone Edge now instead of a ghost move.

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy
Xerneas's unique typing and high HP stat let it run a bulky set capable of walling Dragon-types very well. Aromatherapy allows Xerneas to cure the status conditions of the entire team. Xerneas's only form of recovery is Rest, but its bulk means that it is often able to survive the two turns of sleep. Sleep Talk prevents Xerneas from being completely helpless when asleep, and Moonblast can OHKO the Dragon-types that Xerneas checks.
upload_2015-3-28_3-11-42.jpeg

Gro
udon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Dnd
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar
Physically defensive primal groudon does decent offensive damage aand can cause some helpful burns. Earthquake over P.blades purely for the fact of accuracy, butcould easily be switched out. Stealth rocks are self explanatory. Roar to phase out anything that tries to set up Xerneas, ekiller or anything thatis just plain annoying at the moment.

So this is my team and i really like but i Would like to continue to progress with it up the ladder so im willing to switch sets moves and even mons if itll make it work better.​

Hi there Whitejay, this is quite an interesting build but there are definitely some sub-optimal choices you are running. I will first start with some changing of movesets and EV spreads.

First off, HP Ground on Primal Kyogre is not good at all. I understand its nice to hit P-Don slightly harder on the switch-in, but the opportunity cost of not using a better move over it is big. Also, Ice Beam is still a 3HKO on standard support P-Don, so it's essentially the same as HP Ground. In this case I'd use Calm Mind on Primal Kyogre over HP Ground, or as you may later choose, Sleep Talk.

As for Primal Groudon, full physically defensive isn't worth it. You can run a spread to check Xerneas a LOT better. This spread is 248HP / 56+Def / 204SpDef, Relaxed nature. This spread still is very physically bulky, allowing you to still live +2 Earthquake from Life Orb Ekiller after Stealth Rock, and can still check Xerneas after 3 Stealth Rock switch ins. This would give you more breathing room against it, as well as check Primal Kyogre better. The reason I suggested this is because I would like to replace Arceus-Poison. Arc-Poison is a terrible Pokemon in this meta, losing to MANY of the top, common threats and being outclassed by other Pokemon. In this case, I would run Ekiller. This would give you a good back up check to Xerneas with Extremespeed, so the issue of P-Don being worn down can be compensated. The set I'd run is Ekiller: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def, Jolly, Extremespeed, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge. You will want Life Orb as it helps immensely with those KOs, especially with revenge killing Xerneas, Stone Edge is good for the many defensive Yveltal and Salamence you come across, and lessens the issue of being Ho-oh weak.

Since the teams look quite offensive now, change Gira-O to Latios. Gira-O would kinda lose your momentum and you'd appreciate a Defogger that exerts offensive pressure instead. This would also give you a nice answer to Primal Kyogre so pressure is taken off P-Don, as well as a Ground immunity to check other Primal Groudon better. The set I'd run is Latios: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def, Timid, with a Soul Dew of course. Moves should be Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Defog, Memento. Dual STABs is self-explanatory and Psyshock is good for hitting Ho-oh, Kyogre and Blissey substantially harder. Memento is important so the likes of Xerneas, Salamence, Ekiller do not set up comfortanly on you when you are at -2. It can also open up opportunities for Ekiller, and your Xerneas (which should be Geoxern).

A Geomancy Xerneas would fit this now more offensive team a lot better. In fact, you haven't stated a real reason for going for a support set other than walling Dragon types, which it does well anyway (apart from Mence). You can still run Aromatherapy, but the other moves would be Moonblast and Geomancy of course, with the third as Focus Blast for Primal Groudon, Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Focus Blast is Xerneas's best coverage move. Although this makes you quite weak to Ho-oh, you have Stone Edge Ekiller to compensate, as well as my final suggestion, Mega Salamence over Ho-oh. I am sure you know what EVs to run, but just in case 252 SpA Modest, at least 44 Speed to outspeed Scarf Genesect at +2, and the rest in HP (or with 28Def to prevent Gene getting +1 Atk).

The removal of Gira-O leaves you weaker to Ekiller and Primal Groudon, but Mega Salamence checks these well enough and has recovery. He is also just always a great fit on teams, you'll be surprised at how good its DDance set is. I would suggest EVs of 200HP / 132+Atk / 176 Spe. This lives a +4 Extremespeed from Life Orb Ekiller, and outspeeds 90s before mega, and max speed 95s after. 132 with an Adamant nature hits hard enough. You can run Return, Dragon Dance, Roost and one of Refresh or Earthquake. I think Refresh would fit this team better though.

Lastly, lack of Ho-oh makes you slightly weaker to Darkrai, but the bulk of Primal Kyogre and Ekiller can compensate. However if you feel it gives you too much problems, feel free to run Sleep Talk on Primal Kyogre.

I understand it's quite a lot of changes but try it out on the ladder and I'm sure it will perform better than the current team you have. To summarise the changes, here is an importable with the sets and changes:

Changes
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind / Sleep Talk

If you run Sleep Talk, try out 172HP, 252SpA, 84Spe. It still lets you outspeed most other 90s and the bulk is good for checking Darkrai better, as well as P-Don.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

This mixed wall is a superior spread. I personally like to see PBlades over EQ, as it's very clutch for revenging Xern better. EQ is often too weak.

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The 4 Defense EVs for Ekiller is so Gene doesn't get the Attack boost.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

This fits better over Gira-O. You can also try out Latias with Healing Wish, it is weaker but has better bulk to check P-Don better, and HWish can give 2 rounds to things like Ekiller and Mence.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

This is a very bulky Xern spread, so it doesn't differ TOO much from your original set. This lives +2 Espeed from LO Ekiller after SR, you have a back up check to it.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Always, always, always have Intimidate.

Hope I helped :), you can find me on Showdown in the Ubers chatroom. I'm voiced there and usually under the name Dilwar. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I'd be happy to spectate your ladder battles too to see how the team works.

EDIT: just realised, Mence could get away with Earthquake since you have Aroma Xerneas. Would be cool to hit all the types that resist Flying.

Last edited:

Malley

Dominachu
Hi Whitejay,

Dilwar's suggestions are good, but I'd like to offer a more balanced route for this team to take - not because I think it's necessarily better, but just so you have a wider range of ideas to go on.

The first thing to say is that some of your sets are indeed sup-optimal. Without changing any 'mons for now, I second Dilwar's Calm Mind Kyogre, Geomancy Xerneas, and specially-defensive Groudon sets. I would stick with Earthquake over Precipice Blades, however, as Groudon will be roaring GeoXern out more often than revenging it, since a Power Herb-less GeoXern is barely a threat. In addition, Arceus-Poison has to be physical to beat Xerneas at +2 SpDef, with Poison Jab and Thunder Wave. No Xerneas will set-up against it. Unfortunately Dilwar's right that it is a pretty bad 'mon at the moment, being unable to do much against any of the common threats bar Xerneas - especially with all the Refreshes and Aromatherapies going around - but if you do use it then this is the set to run:
Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

I also suggest running Will-O-Wisp for Toxic on Giratina-O, since Toxic will not hinder offensive Ho-Oh (which 99% of them are) too much, and Will-O hits switch-ins like Ferrothorn while also crippling E-Killer with Shadow Claw, which cannot OHKO at +2.

As you can probably tell, I do want to switch Arceus-Poison out. My suggestion in its place is Arceus-Rock, which hard-counters Ho-Oh, keeps Mence out (countering it if it lacks Earthquake), and is a very potent Calm Mind sweeper. The set to run is this:
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 168 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

84 SpA is to OHKO Rayquaza with no boosts, and to almost always 2HKO 128 HP Pdon. Will-O-Wisp is an option over Refresh if you're feeling weak to E-Killer, which you definitely could be after a bit of prior damage on Ogre, Gira, and Xern. Refresh is because you are rather weak to stall at the moment.

In this case, since you would lose your premier Ho-Oh counter, you should run 248 HP/208+ Atk/52 SpDef on Ho-Oh to live a +2 Thunder from Xerneas. Alongside specially-defensive Pdon you would then have a pretty good match-up against GeoXern.

With Rockceus as a Calm Mind sweeper, you might find Calm Mind on Kyogre a little redundant, especially since all three of your set-up sweepers would then be special. In this case, you could give Ogre Sleep Talk for Calm Mind (HP Ground as it is now) and make Ho-Oh a Life Orb variant with the same EV spread (248/208+/52) and with Recover in for Sleep Talk. Take Dilwar's spread for Sleep Talk Ogre. This, in combination with Refresh on Rockceus, would actually give you a very good match-up against stall, since even good prediction could not completely shut Ho-Oh down.

I hope this more balanced approach helps, and helps you find the style you prefer. There's definitely a solid structure to this team already.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)