Need Help

I know that this is probably in the wrong spot but I could not find a Battle Spot FAQ anywhere. Anyway, who is allowed in battle spot singles? I've been seeing the uber Megas, but I haven't seen any other uber pokemon. Someone explain please?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It sounds like you may be getting the banlist of Battle Spot confused with that of Smogon OU. Remember that this is a Nintendo format so bans / clauses that we use here are not enforced in the Battle Spot :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like Hulavuta already said, cover legendaries (eg: Lugia and Ho-oh) and ones that are only available through exclusive events (eg: Celebi, Keldeo etc) are banned. However, there are legendaries which are allowed on Battle Spot, for example; trio legendaries like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres or Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus are allowed, also things like Heatran, Cresselia and the Lati Twins

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To be more specific, legendaries over 600 BST (except Regigigas) and event-only mons (including Phione, which is bred from the event-only Manaphy) are banned. That is why stuff like Latis and Cress are allowed but not Mew, Mewtwo, or Darkrai. Megas over 600 BST (unless the base form is banned, like Mewtwo and eventually Diancie) and crap like Slaking are allowed.

EDIT: Woops, Zygarde isn't >600 BST but not sure why they ban it lol. Pokemon Z confirmed?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)