1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

need my team rated pretty badly

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by im sprung mmmmn, Aug 19, 2012.

1. im sprung mmmmn

im sprung mmmmn

*I AM IN DIRE NEED OF TEAM CHEMISTRY.
    -I need someone to help me assign roles to this team so they can work together plz. If that means changing moves, natures, ect.(besides changing pokemon) then so be it. This is my first competitive team so I will use these six pokemon at first just to get me into the competitive world but after i will probably make new teams with more competitve pokemon but for now this is what I'm working with.

[​IMG]Raichu @ life orb
    Ability: lightningrod
    EVs:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: timid
    -nasty plot
    -thunderbolt
    -hidden power ice
    -grass knot
    I chose raichu because it is one of my favorites as you can probably tell I am a noob and wont change any of my six pokemon but need help making them the best six they can be. I chose the item, ability, evs, and nature because smogon told me to in the competitve raichu pokedex listing. I chose this move set because it seemed like the best one because if you can survive one nasty plot u can do some damage with the other moves.

[​IMG]lucario @ life orb
    ability: inner focus
    EVs:252 atk/252speed/4hp
    nature:adamant
    -swords dance
    -close combat
    -extreme speed
    -ice punch
    I chose this move set for about the same reason as the other one because swords dance plus annother move equals KO. Hopefully... Lol I havnt tested these pkmn because I want to make them final and get other opinions. I am new so building each pokemon as part of the team is foreign to me so I would like suggestions on how to make each pokemon a contributing member of the team.

[​IMG]flygon @ choice band
    abilty: levitate
    EVs:atk252/speed252/spD4
    -outrage
    -earthquake
    -roost
    -fire punch
    I chose this set because the choice band and outrage seems completely OP to me I actually like this one kinda alot and roost is annother move that makes this set worth while to me. The EVs seem kinda iffy tho but overall I am pretty pleased with this pokemon but once again not sure about how it will function with my other pokemon. Also idk who should lead so someone answer that for me please.

[​IMG]gengar @ life orb
    ability:levitate
    EVs:hp4/spA252/252speed
    nature:timid
    -substitute
    -shadow ball
    -focus blast
    -pain split
    This is annother pokemon on my team that i am extremely pleased with because of the pain split and if any pokemon on my team should hav life orb it makes sense for it to be gengar because it damages him and makes pain split more powerful. Annother reason i like gengar is if I send out tyranitar first he gets hit with sand and becomes even better wen using pain split. Also I am told that gengar is an extremely unpredictable pokemon and I like being tricky :).

[​IMG]reuniclus @ leftovers
    ability:magic guard
    EVs:252hp/252def/4spD
    nature:bold
    -calm mind
    -recover
    -psychic
    -focus blast
    This is your standard reuniclus set, its trolly and semi OP just set up those calm minds and go to work. this is probably the most reliable pokemon I have on my team unless you could make my other ones better and more reliable, that would be appreciated. Reuniclus is a wall obviously and bashes pokemon's faces in so all around good stuff. I think leftovers or light orb is best on him but I could be wrong thats why I need you to rate it.

[​IMG]tyranitar @ choice band
    abilty:sand stream
    EVs:156hp/252atk/100speed
    -stone edge
    -crunch
    -pursuit
    -aqua tail
    Idk why i picked this set it jus seemed kinda logical but I would really like my tyranitar to know stealth rocks and probably lead. This is the pokemon that I think needs the most work right next to raichu and lucario. I would like to lead with this and have it know stealth rocks but I dont know how that would play out with its permanant sand storm. The storm helps gengar and does not affect flygon but the other pokemon kinda suffer and thats not cool but it is a good pokemon still.

One last thing, alot of my pokemon are holding the same items so will that be a problem, if so please add suggestions.
  2. Me So Shiny

Me So Shiny

Interesting team, you ask for a rate but then say you won't change any of the Pokemon, that doesn't exactly help with the rates. Now onto the team, you have a triple weakness to ground but its covered by two immunities, that's not your problem.

This is a metagame dominated by rain and you have ZERO water resists. Politoed, starmie, keldeo, and gyrados can all fire off I resisted rain boosted STAB attacks. The worst case scenario would be letting any of these listed Pokemon get behind a sub and start blasting away with surf and hydro pump. Since I can't offer to change any of your pokes I would just say that against rain teams you really need to eliminate their water types before they can set up
  3. im sprung mmmmn

im sprung mmmmn

seriosly can no one give me any suggestions at all
  4. Keramory

Keramory

well, u really should allow changes, but whatever...

Your team has no one who can use Stealth-Rock or rapid spin, and nothing but Reuniclus have any bulk (Tyranitar has a little) also, i dont think Raichu and Gengar can last very long with sandstorm, so tyranitar can only come out after those 2 are gone. not much else, but if u really wanna start winning battles, u gotta be open to constructive critisism on the team choices themeselves.
  5. King of Blades

King of Blades

Seeing as how you have no entry hazards and, given the fact you won't change any of your pokemon, you need tyranitar to win the weather war to have any kind of chance against rain teams, I would suggest changing tyranitar to a bulky stealth rock supporter.

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Speed | Sand Stream | Sassy
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire Blast / Ice Beam

Pretty much a stereotypical stealth rock supporter set. Stone Edge and crunch get great neutral STAB coverage. Fire Blast roasts ferrothorn, forretress, and scizor. Ice Beam can be chosen if you feel like murdering gliscor and dragons or hitting landorus on the switch. Just don't let landorus hit you or you'll die to sand force boosted (Landorus) or base 145 attack (Landorus-T) earthquakes.

I would also suggest changing flygon's roost to u-turn. U-turn provides opportunities to scout as well as giving you a free switch in. If you use roost, it will lock you into it, meaning you will have to switch out in order to start dealing damage.

I would also suggest changing raichu's set to a choice scarf set. Considering the fact that it has paper-thin defenses means that the most effective way to keep him alive is to ensure he doesn't get hit. Volt Switch and choice scarf do just that: ensure he's switched out before he gets steamrolled by (insert pokemon who has more offensive power than spinda).

[​IMG]
    Raichu @Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP | Lightningrod | Timid
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power Ice / Grass Knot
    - Focus Blast / Grass Knot
    - Thunderbolt / Grass Knot

This is probably raichu's best OU set (which isn't saying much) right now. Volt Switch ensures raichu can switch out to something without paper-thin defenses so it doesn't get one-shotted. Hidden Power Ice hits dragons and ground types super effectively. Focus Blast hits steel types quite hard. Thunderbolt is for when the STAB needs to be stronger than volt switch or when you are perfectly fine with not switching and need a reliable STAB. Grass Knot can be used over any one of these moves to hit gastrodon and swampert.

Also, lucario gained a great new boost in B2/W2. It can now use ice punch and crunch with justified. I would suggest changing lucario's ability to justified. This allows it to gain boosts from absorbing dark moves aimed at gengar and reuniclus. Besides this, I can't think of much that would improve your team given the fact you are adamant about not changing pokemon.

Hope this helps!
  6. False Sense

False Sense

First off, having more than one of you pokemon hold the same item isn't a problem, except maybe in-game or official tournaments...

Like others have said before me, you should allow for people to suggest changes to the pokemon themselves, as sometimes that's just whats best for the team.

As for changes to movesets, most of them are fine, although I would suggest (like King of Blades) that Tyranitar be changed to the bulky variant with Stealth Rock. This gives your team vital Hazards, an incredibly bulky special wall, and a diverse attacker that can be a pain to switch into all in one. That's probably the biggest change you need to make to your team. Other little details like moves and items have already been addressed.
  7. BeastCharizard

BeastCharizard

I am sorry that people are being mean. I understand not wanting to change any of your pokemon.

You should test out your team on Pokemon Online. It is a lot of fun to play on and it allows you to test teams without having to put all that time into making them and then finding out that they don't work.

flygon @ choice band
    abilty: levitate
    EVs:atk252/speed252/spD4
    -outrage
    -earthquake
    -U-turn
    -fire punch

No point in having a recovery move on a choice pokemon. It would be a waste of a move.

Out of curiosity why do all your pokemon have the same items?

I would give Tyranitar an expert belt instead of choice band that way he is not stuck using the same move. Your lucario set is very good and I wouldn't change anything about it. This might sound dumb but I would think about giving Gengar black sludge. If you get off the substitute first it will be very effective.

I hope this is helpful.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)