1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

NEED SUGGESTIONS!!!

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Bluee, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Bluee

Bluee

So... Here's what I'm working with...

This team Idea came to me when I was Faladran and saw the RegiBro Core set up. I saw that I could use the two of them because they have good synergy and built around them and this is the end result. The purpose of this team is to wear the enemy down with Toxic Spikes, SR and the RegiBro combo. That is either Zapdos' or Arcanines job.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[OFFENSE]
    Lead:

[​IMG]@ Focus Sash
    Timid
    EV's:
    252 SpA
    252 Spe
    4 HP
    -Leaf Storm
    -Sleep Powder
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Hidden Power[Fire]

Purpose:
    The plan with Roserade is to put the opponent to sleep. Force the switch or stay in and get a layer of Toxic Spikes up. IF they switch and mange to out speed me I have the sash so I can get the Toxic Poison on the other team which could wear them down quite a bit. Getting in a HP Fire or Leaf Storm is just an added bonus if I can. :D

[​IMG]@Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Atk
    252 Spe
    4 Def
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Wild Charge

Purpose:
    Overall in 5th Gen Arcanine has pretty good coverage with CC and Wild Charge. Arcanine is supposed to be a late game sweeper and clean up the rest of the pokes that have been worn down by Toxic Spikes, SR and and other Pokes. Arcanine doesnt have a problem with
    Chansey either in UU which is a PAIN!!

[​IMG]@Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 SpA
    252 Spe
    4 SpD
    -Thunder Bolt
    -Heat Wave
    -HP Ice
    -Volt Switch

Purpose:
    Zapdos is just a Scarfed revenge killer. I had the RegiBro core and Fire Water Grass so I just Slapped on Zapdos. So far from what I have been testing Zapdos has been doing fairly well. Although if there are better recommendations I will switch it.

[DEFENSIVE]
    [​IMG]@Leftovers
    Careful
    252 SpD
    248 HP
    8 Atk
    -Seismic Toss
    -Iron Head
    -Thunder Wave
    -Stealth Rock

Purpose:
    As I said before Registeel is part of the RegiBro Core to this team. S-Toss for the secure 100 damage is always nice to wear things down. T-Wave for any of the flyers that don't get effected by Toxic Spikes. Stealth Rock, again, to wear the incoming pokes down. Iron head for Mismagius so I'm not completely walled by it. Flinch Parahaxing is another positive to Registeel.
    Registeel can wall most Special Attackers in UU with it's high SpD.

[​IMG]@Leftovers
    Bold
    248 HP
    252 Def
    8 SpA
    -Calm Mind
    -Slack Off
    -Scalad
    -Phsyshock

Purpose:
    The "Bro" in RegiBro. Registeels opposite brother packing Def and Special Attacks. If I can Calm Mind up 1 or 2 times SlowBro is unstoppable!(Besides its Speed :P) Slack off for the health regen. CM to set up. Scalad and Phsyshock because they are special moves and STAB. SlowBro is my Def TANK on this team.

[​IMG]@Leftovers
    Impish
    248 HP
    252 Def
    8 Atk
    -Rapid Spin
    -Sucker Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge

Purpose:
    Hitmontop is basically my support on this team. He can spin away rocks for Arcanine and Zapdos and hit back with CC, Stone Edge or Sucker. His bulk also lets him take some big hits and OHKO them. I dont think he is NECESSARY, but he is a good addition. He can revenge kill with Sucker Punch with is also handy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ALLOWED! PLEASE LEAVE SUGGESTIONS ALSO!!!!

-Bluee

http://www.youtube.com/CompPkmnRankings
  2. wacky tabaky

wacky tabaky

Wow this is a good team with near perfect synergy. I don't believe your team needs stealth rock so can I suggest curse over SR this will allow you to survive any people that try to predict your switch to bro (a physical electric/dark attack?) this also allows iron head to deal more damage which will paraflinch pokemon quicker.

What are your abilities or as bro with regenerate is hard to stop.
  3. Bartman101

Bartman101 Banned deucer.

Nope, above poster, despite the fact that Rocks aren't needed as much in 5th gen as in 4th, especially in lower tiers, it's till necessary for things like Scyther and getting some much needed KOs, turning 3HKOs into 2HKOs etc. Besides, curse Registeel would have to have a new set completly based around it, plus his registeel is meant for tanking, paralysing, and killing things with no defense (missy). Therefore, keep the Registeel set OP.

Your Pokemon lack abilities it seems. Plus, it's scald (pronounced sc-o-ld), not scalad on Slow.

You'll also want to add in the following things in your descriptions (They are currently lacking so this may get locked, and it would make it easier for raters like myself to give a proper rate); Why you chose that Pokemon, what it does for the team, why you chose the moves and their purpose (in depth, not just "CM to set up... I chose it because it's STAB" etc), same for any 'un-standard' Items, EVs and natures. You could also put in some synergy like this;

Montop-

Flying --> Registeel, Zapdos
    Psychic --> Registeel, Slowbro

Hope I helped,

~Bartman101
  4. Bluee

Bluee

thanks

Thank you for the help! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)