1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Need VGC Practice?

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Branny00, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Branny00

Branny00

Hey fellow Smogonites! As you all know, VGC is coming up, and you are rushing to get your team ready for the main event. I have been on Battle Finder for a while now, and nobody requests a VGC battle. On Random Matchup: Disconnecters run rampant. The solution: A thread for those of you who want the ability to practice. Do not worry about battling me! I am not attending VGC this year because of other plans. Feel free to PM me for a battle! I would appreciate it if you posted here too, with the following information:

Hours on:
    Time Zone:
    FC:

Thanks a lot. I would be thankful if any other volunteers would like to help me battle those that need some last minute practice. If you would like to be a volunteer, just post here and PM me! Make sure you will not be attending VGC if you volunteer here. Thanks a lot guys, and I hope this thread will be beneficial! :)

Volunteers:
    Branny00
    Solace​
  2. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There's also the PO server to practice VGC matches on, but if people want to exchange FCs and practice I'm ok with this.

I don't have that much time to battle but I'm not going to fall regs so if you REALLY need a match I can play.

Hours On: Any time after 4 PM usually but I can't always play!
    Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST)
    FC: 2451 6217 8712
  3. Branny00

Branny00

Thanks Solace! The more the merrier!
  4. Solace

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Also, you can try the Wi-Fi Battle Finder. It takes some time to load, but it also has a way for you to find people looking for VGC 12 battles.
  5. Branny00

Branny00

Thanks, but I've been looking for the past 3 days, and no one is willing ;_; Thanks anyway, though! :)
  6. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

I'm actually pretty confused here, what makes this thread any better than using the wifi battle finder?
  7. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

There are admittedly a lot of disconnectors on GBU doubles, but I've noticed that now that B2/W2 are out in Japan I've personally experienced far fewer disconnects when using my White 2, even against people who have something significant to lose. You'll get the occasional disconnect, but the sheer volume of VGC '12 style battles really ought to outweigh that.
  8. Solace

With the 1 hour penalty + point deduction (iirc?) that comes from disconnecting, it doesn't really benefit anyone to disconnect in BW2, but October regionals are still running on BW1 so GBU doubles is the only way to practice for that where there are DCers.
  9. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Even if someone disconnects on you though, you aren't really losing out on the practice that the match gave. I mean unless you haxed them and they DCd, they're DCing because they got purely outplayed and can't find a way to take a loss to a player who is just flat out better than them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)