1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Needing some opinions.

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Pyroedd, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Pyroedd

Pyroedd

Hiya, I'm pretty much new here, and this is my first RMT, so please do bare with me. I'm not quite sure what I'm actually focusing on in this team, but what I'm sure of is I have this glaring weakness to fire and fighting types. But anyway, here's my team.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Electivire
    Expert Belt
    Motor Drive
    Jolly
    204 Atk/ 52 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake

Your Basic Electivire, All EVs into Speed, with the rest in Atk and Sp. Atk with Lonely to keep from losing Sp. Atk. I'm using Fire Punch in place of Crosschop for the basic reason of Skarmory, conjoined with being able to OHKO or 2HKO A Ferro or a Forretress without that 80% hit. Then, in place of Thunder Punch I have Thunderbolt to make sure a burn from scald doesn't keep me from a KO.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi
    Choice Scarf
    Serene Grace
    Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
    Iron Head
    Zen Headbutt
    Drain Punch/ U Turn
    Fire Punch

More of a Starter Jirachi, having the Scarf to make sure it outruns what it needs to. Not much to say here aside from saying that the Serene Grace makes it's fire punch quite a reliable burn, and Zen Headbutt/Iron Head flinch central.

[​IMG]
    Scizor
    Choice Band
    Technician
    Naughty
    212 Atk/ 40 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
    U Turn
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch
    Hidden Power (59 BP) [Fire]

This Scizor has definitely saved me quite often. With the 212 Atk and the choice Band, Scizor sits at a nice 573 Atk. Along with that, the extra 40 into Sp Atk makes his Special attack just a little bit better, which is nice. The reason for HP Fire is because I tend to find myself against other scizors quite often, and using Superpower forces me to switch after a single hit. Plus Technician gives it a nice little boost, so it definitely doesn't hurt.

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn
    Leftovers
    Iron Barbs
    Sassy
    252 Def/ 252 Sp Def/ 4 Hp
    Gyro Ball
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rock
    Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is my little tanker/switch in for dragons and the like. Thunderwave basically silences anything trying to use Dragon dance, or if it's something faster, Gyro ball can OHKO/2HKO. Leech seed keeps the Hp flowing constantly, plus occasionally forcing switch outs. Then stealth rock, which is just stealth rock.

[​IMG]
    Weavile
    Life Orb
    Pressure
    Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 spd/ 4 Hp
    Swords Dance
    Brick Break
    Ice Punch/Ice Shard
    Night Slash

Weavile destroys Tyranitars and most dragons. Then Forretress and the like are perfect set-up fodder for Swords Dance, after which Weavile just thrashes everything.

[​IMG]
    Terrakion
    Choice Scarf
    Justified
    Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
    Stone Edge
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

Basically an average Scarf Terra. Basically my teams only defense against Volcarona. Really just average beyond that.
  2. Inappropriate Username

Inappropriate Username

Your descriptopns are a bit short, but I'll see what I can do. *knuckle crack*

Electivire works best as a full physical set imo,, utilizing Wild Bolt and Cross Chop > Fire Punch and T-Bolt.

Terrakion could benefit from X-Scissor > Aerial Ace, as it takes out the occasional Slowbro, a huge counter to Terrakion.

I like your innovation on Scizor.

Jirachi can be used as a hax abuser so much better than that set. To replace it, I'd try something like Infernape, though you won't have such a high flinch / burn chance.
  3. DEMo_Gorgon47

DEMo_Gorgon47

I suggest putting more desriptions on your team members to help the raters give you a better assessment.

Your fighting and fire weakness are obvious. You only have 1 pokemon who resists fre (terrakion), and he has so many other weaknesses to exploit he is hard to switch in.

Fighting is a similar story, except no one on your team resists it.

From my point of view it looks like you are going for an offensive approach, so I say stick with that mind set.

First remove Electivire (he sucks) and replace him with a Mixed Infernape. Infernape is faster and has better coverage and power.

I suggest removing Ferrothorn and placing a Starmie. Starmie's speed and offensive presence would help get rid of some of the counters that plague this team.

On Scizor, why go for 59 when 60 works too?
  4. Pyroedd

Pyroedd

@Inappropriate Username: I'll attempt that with Terra, and dependant on whether I keep Vire or not, I'll try that. Thanks for the input

@DEMo_Gorgon47: I've seen that a lot about Vire, I'd just never found something to replace it, so I'll try Infernape. As for Starmie, I've been wanting to try it in my team, I just wasn't sure what to replace to put it in. And I just fixed my Hp up to 60, which also boosted his SpAtk Iv, so thanks for that too.

As for the short descriptions, I'll try what you two have said and then make replacements with what I find that works. When I finish testing, I'll come back and expand the descriptions and replace what is needed. But like I said, thanks for the input.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)