NOC Neighborhood NOC Mafia / mafia win congrats eo lightwolf and rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that neighborhoods cannot recruit players, and existing people in neighborhoods can choose to leave them. We're only allowed to leave, not recruit.
A bit of both. It works similarly to Masons but the difference is the neighborhoods do not know who in their neighborhood can do what, and I'm pretty sure you can both leave a neighborhood and be recruited into one.

Night ends in a little over a day and I spent all weekend working, so I haven't had much time to read up besides the fact that LightWolf is pulling mothboth mafia on me already...

Unvote
Vote Cancerous

hi cancerous, why not just reveal it was me as the second poster in your story?

why accuse me of being scum (after my initial vote of you!) and want to lynch me but not even put a vote down on me?

why say you dislike withholding information in the quicktopic, but then do the exact same thing in this main thread?

why why why???

EDIT on the leaving neighborhoods thing:

my 1 am self was smarter than I thought, when people said I can't leave neighborhoods I just glanced at it, and didn't see like "you may PM jalmont 'DAY 1- Leave the Neighborhood," so I assumed I was just making stuff up.

This just in because my kind neighbor has informed me of it and asked.

Don't claim if you're not in a neighborhood. That's info we KNOW the mafia doesn't have, let's not give it to them.

votecount 1.2
Eo Ut Mortus - More Cowbell
The Idiotic One - LightWolf
U-Turn Out
More Cowbell
Celever - Cancerous, acidphoenix, U-Turn Out
Gale Wing Srock
acidphoenix - Gale, MeowMix, Celever
MeowMix
rssp1
LightWolf
Steamroll
Cancerous - MeowMix

deadline still 9/30

Oh come on MeowMiXXX, you ruined the suspension!! The world just got denied chapter 2 of Cancerous's epic tale of justice.

Oh well,, confirming that neighbor #2 is in fact MeowMiXXX.

And with that, Unvote
Lynch MeowMiXXX

Get busy, people.

Don't claim if you're not in a neighborhood. That's info we KNOW the mafia doesn't have, let's not give it to them.
Perhaps a member of the mafia is not in a neighborhood, making us the party which lacks information. This is pretty unlikely though, so you're probably right. Please don't claim, people who aren't in a neighborhood.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Not much more than a pressure vote, but we haven't heard from Eo so far.
Sorry for my lack of input; I've been busy. I don't have much to offer regarding players at the moment, so here are my thoughts on the game itself.

In terms of game design, it seems like a stretch to assume neighborhoods cannot recruit players. The game revolves around neighborhoods: it's in the name, after all. Why wouldn't a host take advantage of such an easy mechanic to implement, and one that would reward good play at that? Plus, without a recruit mechanic of some sort, there would be no way to re-enter a neighborhood after leaving. Then again, there doesn't seem to be any point leaving a neighborhood at the moment.

This brings me to my next point. What are the benefits of leaving a neighborhood? Unless I've overlooked something, I cannot find anything; yet, this mechanic was given noteworthy attention as of late. Villager or scum, there is nothing to be gained merely by cutting a channel of communication. My first inclination was that people could only be eligible to be a member of one neighborhood at a time, but nothing corroborating this hypothesis has been said so far, and this would be the type of thing that would be established in the initial ruleset. So, why make leaving a neighborhood a feature at all? I don't have an answer, but it strikes me that neighborhoods might not be as secure as they ought to be if leaving is a viable option.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh come on MeowMiXXX, you ruined the suspension!! The world just got denied chapter 2 of Cancerous's epic tale of justice.

Oh well,, confirming that neighbor #2 is in fact MeowMiXXX.

And with that, Unvote
Lynch MeowMiXXX

Get busy, people.
I'm against this for the same reason why I was against US's crusade against Spiffy in the current DLE game. As it was proven in that game his suspicions on Spiffy had nothing to do with Spiffy's actual alignment, because the mafia DID know the village's name. Sure I was mafia in that game, doesn't change the fact I truly disagreed with it. Till we prove mafia really didn't know the village's name, this could mean anything. And the accusation that #1 neighbour made still hold, you could have just been trying to get the village's name too, it goes both ways really, on lynch the person in your neighbour hood who couldn't name our faction.

As for The Idiotic One, still disagree with you, but you made your point, fair.

Unvote

Currently unless we get something I'd vote between Cancerous and MeowMixx, frankly leaning Cancerous because he is p pushy. The vote is between them mostly because there is at least a decent chance one of them is mafia. Worst case we finally have a discussion on hand, COMMENT ON IT PEOPLE!

Also Steamroll come on I just voted you in the RVS so you can comb me.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Double posting here because I remembered something. Fuck this constant bickering about Neighbourhood rules. Jalmont can't you just lay all speculation to rest and explain how neighbourhoods work in the thread please? (there is a neighbourizer or what who can't personally leave the neighbourhood and has to add them yada yada just post it here officially so we can get this over with)

And the accusation that #1 neighbour made still hold, you could have just been trying to get the village's name too, it goes both ways really, on lynch the person in your neighbour hood who couldn't name our faction.
I agree with this, though there's not much to argue here, so let's forget about this at the moment.

As for The Idiotic One, still disagree with you, but you made your point, fair.
Same for you, LightWolf.

Currently unless we get something I'd vote between Cancerous and MeowMixx, frankly leaning Cancerous because he is p pushy. The vote is between them mostly because there is at least a decent chance one of them is mafia. Worst case we finally have a discussion on hand, COMMENT ON IT PEOPLE!
Alright, I'm leaning to voting MeowMix, since Cancerous has made his scumhunting crusade sound like a pro, and he has been more capable in explaining his reasoning. While that does not mark him as town, he sounds more of an asset than MeowMix. Since the both of them seem equally scummy at this point, I prefer keeping Cancerous alive for utility purposes. Also, we could lynch him tomorrow if we want to, so I'll probably lynch MeowMix today. I don't like lynching rashly, so I'll refrain from voting at the moment.

I find Meow's posts suspicious, can't say that about Cancerous.

I don't see a need to share any information unless it is necessary for us to deduce something. So, I am willing to vote for Meow today.

But I am still considering that slip by Acid Phoenix, LightWolf if you had to choose between Acid Phoenix and MeowMIXXX, then who do you think is more scummy?

LightWolf

lightwoof
I personally think the rules of the neighbourhood should be something that's in the game's rules section. Point is I understand them, I'm just a bit annoyed that it seems to be defining some of the discussion simply because people overlook details they should know. The only case this makes sense if someone ISN'T part of a neighbourhood and are not mafia with partners who informed them, but at this point that's moot, since while not in a single united post, most neighbourhood facts have been revealed.

As for between phoenix and meowmixx, I'd definitely pick, okay rereading it, I'm not quite sure though. I didn't want to out the fact I knew one can leave a neighbourhood, since it seemed interesting people we jumping on him for stating something true, though his reaction did seem strange at first, reading through it makes sense, he thought he read his PM wrong. Assuming a mafia when caught in a lie they know is actually correct, why would they then proceed to admit defeat. What I questioned more was why people were jumping on it, but it seems that may have been jalmont's fault according to U-Turn's post.

All in all phoenix's scumslip seemed more like a joke like remark when he thought based on reactions that he miss read something, rather than a nonsensical admission of being scum. So given the two, yeah Meowmixx. Still I dislike going after the less dominant part of this confrontation, simply because a pushy mafia is more danger to the village, or I'm just likely biased because I hate this tactic with much gusto. In the end I'm equally up for meowmixx if I want to be objective.

I'm having a hard time figuring out who to vote for, but with the MeowMixx discussion going on right now I decided to take a look at that, especially the posts on page 2.

In post 34, acidphoenix makes the remark about leaving neighbourhoods. In post 36, MeowMixx does not even acknowledge acidphoenix, but places a vote on Cancerous (presumably a random vote, since there is little explanation). Only when I call out acidphoenix on leaving neighbourhoods in post 37, and acidphoenix 'scumslipped' in post 38, MeowMixx changes his vote. This in itself isn't that weird, seeing as how acidphoenix' post may be interpreted as a scumslip, HOWEVER the only reason acidphoenix 'slipped' was because I called him out on leaving neighbourhoos, and nothing else. Since MeowMixx is apparently in a neighbourhood, my guess is that he knew that leaving is possible, meaning that he knew my call-out of acidphoenix was unwarranted. Yet he jumps on the easy bandwagon starting to form.

Now I'm not saying MeowMixx is definite scum, since this is some pretty shaky evidence to go by, but it does make him stand out a little.

Unvote
Vote MeowMixx

This is subject to change, of course, but so far this is the most solid thing I can think of.

Double posting here because I remembered something. Fuck this constant bickering about Neighbourhood rules. Jalmont can't you just lay all speculation to rest and explain how neighbourhoods work in the thread please? (there is a neighbourizer or what who can't personally leave the neighbourhood and has to add them yada yada just post it here officially so we can get this over with)
Unfortunately, I can't do this. If you have any role specific questions ask them to me privately and I can do my best from there.

Deadline is tomorrow everyone.

Deadline is tomorrow everyone.
Alright, I've decided on this. At the moment, MeowMiXXX sounds like the best lynch since the reasoning behind it sounds better compared to everyone else. We also don't need someone who does not even attempt to promote discussion. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but MeowMiXXX truly sounds better dead than acidphoenix or Celever. Vote MeowMiXXX.

LightWolf

lightwoof
This in itself isn't that weird, seeing as how acidphoenix' post may be interpreted as a scumslip, HOWEVER the only reason acidphoenix 'slipped' was because I called him out on leaving neighbourhoos, and nothing else. Since MeowMixx is apparently in a neighbourhood, my guess is that he knew that leaving is possible, meaning that he knew my call-out of acidphoenix was unwarranted.
Thing is if that's your reason for voting him, you might as well vote yourself, you know the guy who made it also clear they had no idea one could leave neighbourhoods. I guess you are hinting that you ain't part of one, I merely find it strange you'd try to use this reasoning rather than the established one that came from Cancerous. Feels slightly like you are trying too hard to find something new to say on the matter to specifically not appear like an average bandwagoner.

Also I'd make the decent enough guess that Meowmixx voted cancerous because of their neighbourhood disagreement. Also you are overlooking the part where U-Turn claimed to have been informed by Jalmont of the rule, which is the main reason I deleted a good paragraph of my last post about you calling your jumping on phoenix odd, assuming you merely weren't aware either.

Thing is if that's your reason for voting him, you might as well vote yourself, you know the guy who made it also clear they had no idea one could leave neighbourhoods. I guess you are hinting that you ain't part of one, I merely find it strange you'd try to use this reasoning rather than the established one that came from Cancerous. Feels slightly like you are trying too hard to find something new to say on the matter to specifically not appear like an average bandwagoner.
I thought about this, yes, but the thing is that I indeed did not know about being able to leave neighbourhoods, while MeowMixx presumably did. Of course, this quickly dives into WIFOM territory as no one has any way of veryfying that I didn't know about that, but I thought that I'd at least call MeowMixx out on it as there's very little I can do otherwise. Like I said, my reason for voting MeowMixx right now is unstable at best and can be turned against me just as well, but at least it's bringing forth some discussion right now.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Personally I don't actually find what MeowMiXXX said all that scummy. I mean, sure, it was a really dumb thing to say, but I'm not convinced it was actually a dumbtell.

Alright, I've decided on this. At the moment, MeowMiXXX sounds like the best lynch since the reasoning behind it sounds better compared to everyone else. We also don't need someone who does not even attempt to promote discussion. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but MeowMiXXX truly sounds better dead than acidphoenix or Celever. Vote MeowMiXXX.
lol what the fuck is this?

you'll follow cancerous based on one tl'dr post and a second post that literally did not address anything I asked him but you'll admonish me for "not even attempting to promote discussion"????????????

More Cowbell acidphoenix's 38 looked like a scumslip to me so I voted for it, celever did the same thing. I just revoted cancerous right before since jalmont missed my initial vote on him. also none of my votes have been random js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)