Never played pokemon on PC before please help!

Okay so im new to this whole thing here i just downloaded the shoddy battle thing and i have downloaded a file with a team i made.

How do i start battling? Do i need to download a pokemon game to my computer or something?

Im 100% new to this please help!

Hello

Well first thing you should do is download Shoddy (you've already done this).

Now you must open Shoddy (you don't have to download any other pokemon game). You are now having this little window where you must select a server. Select Smogon university and click connect.

You then have to register. Choose a username and a password. After that go back to log-in and insert you username and a password. Press Log-in.
When you're logged in you are in this kind of chatroom. There you can go to "find". Select the tier you wish to battle in and load your team. After you have clicked "find match", your battle will begin.

Hope this helped!

I did all the steps including register and I successfully registered under my username and password on smogon, but when I go to log in, it won't log me in.

I'll quote Bearzly here:

1 The first thing you should do when you are unable to launch Shoddy Battle is to make sure you have the most up to date version of Java. The latest version for your operating system (aside from OS X) will be found here. For OS X users, the latest Java updates should be found via Software Update.

2) If you have updated your Java and still have problems, try to clear your Java cache. On Windows, you can find this in the Control Panel. On OS X it's located in Applications->Utilities. Once you have located the control panel, you should be able to find the option to delete the cache or temporary files.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need to make a username and password on the smogon shoddy server, not on the smogon website. Smogon forum accounts are not tied to Shoddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)