Project NeverUsed Dark Horse Project (Check Post #153)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
THE NU DARK HORSE CHALLENGE
(approved by hollywood and Raseri)
Banner provided by: Water Drone

Welcome to the NU Dark Horse Challenge!!! For those of you not familiar with Dark Horse, the definition of a Dark Horse is a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds. A Dark Horse Pokemon is a particular Pokemon that doesn't get as much usage or seen as much on the ladder. Sadly there are a lot of Pokemon that are pushed to the wayside for more popular Pokemon even if they may fulfill a niche in the current NU metagame. Each month, a Dark Horse Pokemon must be chosen and as such be a staple on every team in this challenge. This Dark Horse Pokemon is based off of its rank in the Viability Rankings as well as its usage on the ladder.

RESTRICTIONS

- Must include a Dark Horse i.e. A C+ rank Pokemon or below with less than 2% usage
- No S-rank Pokemon
- Limit of 2 A-rank Pokemon
- The entire team's usage stats combined must have 35% usage or less
- Post your entire team in this thread and their percentages! Edit your post, or send me a PM, if you edit your team, so I can keep track.
- Discussions of your Dark Horses are greatly encouraged. Post here with commentary, findings, teams, strategies, etc.—anything to do with the Dark Horse you've been using and what you've learned from it!
- Your team can be changed as much as need be, so long as you keep your original Dark Horse and maintain < 35% usage (for consistency purposes).
- Quitting and re-entering with a different Dark Horse is prohibited; stick with your choices and do your absolute best. You have an entire month to ladder, or at least explain any findings and discussion you may have about the Pokemon you used.
- Also, no Suspect Pokemon or new drops may be used in this project.

This project is to determine which Pokemon are being underutilized as well as if they serve a niche in the current NU metagame. Good discussion and participation as well can help steer you to a Community Contributor nomination!!!

There will be three ranks in the hall of fame. C-Rank is bringing your team to 1200 Elo. B-Rank is bringing your team to 1350 Elo. A-Rank is earning 1500 Elo or better.

Fresh Alt:
Team (Dark Horses in Bold) & usage for each Pokemon

So go out there and have fun finding Pokemon that are neverused.​

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

A Rank

None!

B Rank

blaziken1337 - 1368
parpar356 - 1359
TTFTW - 1352

C Rank

The Quasar - 1234
Froggyboy - 1205
NattyZ - 1205

A Rank
None!

B Rank
Jim E. Russler - 1443

C Rank
None!

A Rank
None!

B Rank
Is the Season Over - 1406
GyRro - 1360
allstar124 - 1353

C Rank
None!

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age

So I decided to use kadabra as my dark horse just because it's something that i've never used and seemed to have a lot of potential with the banishing of sneasel. I started off using the standard sash encore set but ended up changing it to an interesting set with modest life orb 4 attacks. The reason i opted for modest was because with hp fighting i missed out on base 105s like scyther and i didn't really care about anything else as I still outpace + nature base 90s. I went with 4 attacks as I felt shadow ball really helped deal with xatus which people like to switch in to dabra for some reason and I didn't want to drop signal beam or hp fighting as I felt they were pretty important. Carracosta was next since i needed a switch into fast physical attackers that threaten dabra + it added rocks. Next was rosey as it synergises really well with costa and forms a really nice hazard stacking core, it also has really low usage for some reason. Since I was using hazard stack i needed a spin blocker so misdreavous joined the team. Missy is an amazing spin blocker that deals with most spinners, does a good job a preventing hazards and just annoys teams in general by spreading out burns and taunting everything. Next came liepard as i needed something to deal with cm psychics like uxie which just kind of walked over the team, stab knock off with hazard support is also really difficult to switch into and priority encore is great to have. Yama was the final mon as it patched up my fire and ice/freeze dry weakness and just tanked special hits in general while giving some offensive presence. All in all the team is pretty solid, but with a notable weakness to fighting types and physical attackers like klinklang, chops and tauros if you let carracosta get weakened.
Kadabra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Hex

Alecho (Liepard) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

My dark horse was defensive Leafeon. The idea is that Leafeon provides wish and heal bell support for the whole team, and rest of the team has great type synergy to switch into Leafeon's checks and counters. Many of our bulky Pokemon are offensively invested, so I can do damage if necessary. But against competent opponents, they can't do enough so these bulky Pokemons' job is to just wear down the opponent with direct damage + status and hazards, until Pawniard can sweep.

Regirock, for instance, is our check to Archeops, Tauros, Fire-types, and such while setting up SR and slowing down the rest of the team. Garbodor is amazing at distributing chip damage and Garbodor a top mon in NU. Both love Wish and Heal Bell support.

AV Hariyama also loves recovery, beats special attackers, and provides offensive pressure, as well as chip damage + revenge killing with Fake Out. Because I'm also incredibly weak to opposing Garbodor, I am downright forced to use EQ Hariyama. Mantine is there to check Fires, Fightings, Waters, and it gives Defog vs opposing hazards and checks Malamar. Water/Flying is still great typing. Pelipper is objectively better, but this checks rain better and remember this was a laddering competition, so I built for the task. Haze beats chicken and CM Psychics. Pawniard is my main means of offense, and it has defensive utility because it checks certain Psychic-types which otherwise beat me.

This team is weak to a quite a lot of things: Megahorn Rhydon, Vileplume, Garbodor, Sandslash, Mawile, Psychics that carry coverage for Pawniard, Malamar, etc. but the limitations + how ORAS works means I was gonna have some anyways. None of my pokemon are rogue and this team was basically standard in Megalix meta other than Regi / Pawn so even though it's out of meta it's no surprise that it's remotely competent.
Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic
- Drain Punch

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 16 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Signal Beam

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

I started off with Lunatone (my dark horse) plus the A- mons (Liepard/Poliwrath) and went from there. The end result came a fat-ish offensive team. My Dark Horse was Lunatone. I switched through various sets and in the end I chose SRer. For coverage, Signal beam hits opposing Psychics/Malamar while Ice beam hit most SRers plus Xatu. Poliwrath was main way to check physical attackers. Liepard was my check to Sweepers. Dusclops sponges special attacks and resting them off. Hariyama is back up special wall with priority. Probopass traps the steels, twaves, and pivots. I would say this team is rushed and really isn't that good because it loses to common archetypes like Hazard Stack or Offense. This team also struggles with fighting types like Gudurr and has a hard time with Malamar.
Lunatone @ Life Orb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Encore

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sleep Talk

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon

So this team was my Dark Horse team which reached 1580, it was a long and painful journey to go that far, having to face through people like extreme poverty and hax was not fun. So let's get into detail:

1) Kawaii Horse is my physical wall, and she does a fine job with it. I decided to run a more support-ish set, as my team doesn't have many ways to recover HP, so near-reviving friends like Urban and Invisible Horse is amazing. Heal Bell also helps against freeze hax and general status too.

2) Table Horse is the strongest horse, and my Dark horse. I made a custom-ish Assault Vest set which I posted somewhere in the creative/underrated sets thread, and it really works for me. 117 ATK is nothing to scoff at, and it gets fantastic coverage as well. Crunch and Superpower were my earlier 2 slots for it, but I found myself struggling against scumbag Hazard Stack, so I chose to run Rapid Spin, and I ran Mirror Coat to abuse Avalugg's usable special bulk thanks to AV. It also appreciates Wish Support from Kawaii Horse.

3) Pepe Horse is just an overall nice mon to have, packing nice STAB priority and relatively powerful attacks. However I changed it to a Choice Specs set since my team needed a little more oomph, or else I'd be hard stopped by certain threats like Vileplume or Gourgeist.

4) Spoopy Horse is the physical complement to Kawaii Horse, and with Colbur Berry and a fully physically defensive set (since I have 2 specially bulky mons already to back it up), it becomes nigh-unkillable and comfortably walls CB Sawk, Gurdurr, and co. Leech Seed also helps support the team out, passing out free recovery. I've even stalled a CM M-Audino once with the combination of WoW + LS.

5) Invisible Horse is my second AV user, and he's the main switch-in to Fire Types, comfortably tanking a Fire Blast from Mortar and recovering the damage dealt via Drain Punch, or removing its vest via Knock Off. Just not those stupid Flame Body variants (srsly guys Vital Spirit = win). Ice Punch is also an unexpected move that I've used to pull off certain victories, one vs Punchshroom using Jumpluff, which I would've lost otherwise, several Vileplumes, etc. Helps also against Torterra. Sucker Punch is also amazing.

6) Urban Horse is usually the to-go to mon for hazards, bringing two to the table. Rocky Helmet also punishes pokemon like Klinklang, so it helps a lot. It also possess nice bulk and nice attacking moves with Gunk Shot and Drain Punch. Overall, it's a neat mon.

So the team is quite fat, literally. Each mon is quite bulky on its own, and that's probably why it was a huge success against most teams. Hazard Stack and hax still hurt a lot, and Volt-Turn can get annoying, albeit it's manageable if you beat them in the Hazard Race, etc.

Kawaii Horse (Audino) (F) @ Audinite Ability: Regenerator Shiny: Yes EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD Bold Nature - Wish - Protect - Heal Bell - Dazzling Gleam

Table Horse (Avalugg) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake/Superpower

Pepe Horse (Poliwrath) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Spoopy Horse (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Invisible Horse (Kecleon) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Urban Horse (Garbodor) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

So I've wanted to use electric spam for a while now and I remembered Omfuga posting about specstrode in the viability rankings and decided to use that as my dark horse. Even with a modest nature it outspeeds the entire unboosted tier bar swellow which, if boomburst, gets stopped by soundproof. Next I added evire as it can lure in lanturn with eq and it was just another mon I haven't really used that I wanted to try, honestly it was easily the worst mon on the team lol. Next came ebelt fantom the mvp. I needed a ground immune so fantom fit perfectly as it could also lure in bulky grounds like rhydon and pilo while being able to wear down lanturn, opening the door for trode to sweep late game. Gourgeist is the rhydon counter but tbh it counters pretty much every physical attacker lol. I didn't want to lose to magmortar and aurorus so the next mon was av yama, really great special tank and fake out bp is really nice with leech seed support. Finally I added wigglytuff. Wiggly serves as a rocker that can also take knock offs while luring mons like rhydon and klinklang with grass knot and fire blast. It was actually surprisingly solid putting in quite a lot work some games and it was very reliable as a rocker with competitive actually coming in handy quite a few times vs prinplups. Overall the team is pretty solid performing really well vs offense as specstrode just tears through the teams and they generally struggle to break through geist. It's also quite consistent against balance unless they have an audino, specifically crodino, which this team really struggles to break through, the only real way is to leech seed it then spam it with close combats or hope you flinch it, musharna is also a bitch but that's a bit better dealt with since it can be burnt. If you run into stall all you can do is http://puu.sh/kgEDX/3b93e9281f.png. Major threats to this team are audino, musharna, pilowsine and physical swellow.
Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Wild Charge

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

I chose Leafeon as my Dark Horse to keep up my trend of using Grass-types for these, and because of my personal inclination towards defensive stuff. To that end, I decided to use the cleric set. Carracosta has fantastic defensive synergy with Leafeon, and I'd been wanting to try WP Shell Smash for a while. I added Ninetales to complete a FWG core without expending much usage. Between Nasty Plot, Will O' Wisp and its above average speed tier, it definitely ended up as the MVP.

My next step was to add some hazard stacking shenanigans to make it easier for Ninetales or Carra to clean late-game. This was especially important for Carra because I decided to be memer extremer and use Aqua Jet over Hydro Pump. I chose Garbodor to set Spikes because it's pretty much the most effective thing for that role, and to emergency check things like CB Sawk that can overpower Leafeon's defense. Golurk was my SR setter of choice because it has a lot of good lead matchups, doubles as a spinblocker and makes people generally salty.

Finally, I added Cryogonal as hazard control and as a switch-in to things like Ludicolo and special Samurott, which threaten the rest of the team quite a bit. Cryogonal was also my original pick for Dark Horse before I learned it was still seeing some usage, so I had to make sure to incorporate it somehow.
Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Heal Bell

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Haze

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Dynamic Punch

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Already had a team built for this and I had no idea it was happening :o

Gonna do this I suppose...

Dark Lord Kingler:
Team Kingler, Pawniard, Primeape, Pinsir, Fletchinder, and Grumpig
Fletchinder 8.78%
Grumpig: 0.18%
Pawniard: 2.87%
Primeape: 4.97%
Pinsir: 4.03%
Kingler: 0.67%

sum: 21.5%
A rank count: 1

Reactions: nv

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserved for my team and what not

Fresh Alt: King Talents (Pre regged, but haven't laddered on it)
Dark Horse : Gogoat

Gogoat - 0.40479%
Sawk - 9.24639%
Rhydon - 7.19913%
Prinplup - 6.70751%
Pawniard - 1.90761%
Vivillon - 4.74919%
Total = 30.21462%

Last edited:

Team GodStache featuring dark horse: Probopass
Fresh alt: DarkHorseFlareon

Probopass | 1.37798%
Garbodor | 10.03168%
Kangaskhan | 5.73705%
Zangoose | 6.66569%
Gourgeist-Super | 2.27782%
Sandslash | 8.30335%

Total usage percentage: 34.4%
2 A ranked mons

I'll probably end up making changes to Sandslash and Gourgeist. I'll update here as soon as I change something.

Probo is in my opinion still a really good support mon with a decent typing to take most special hits and access to great support moves like Stealth Rocks, Thunder Wave and a slow Volt Switch. Also, did I mention he had an amazing mustache?

Why use Probo over Uxie you ask? Probo can help your team out against flying spam and is able to lure Quagsire and hit it with a Toxic move (if you're not using T-wave that is). Something else that's noteworthy as well is that Probo can actually do something to xatu if he needs to, forcing it to roost while probo casually Volt Switches away to someone that can deal with the annoying bird.

I have loved Probo since I started playing competitive pokemon and will always praise the GodStache. Now it's time to build an actual team with it and show some rock-hard evidence that Probo is still viable! (and by that I mean get to 1200 and be happy)

zfazef.png

Just gonna put this here already since I'll leave on a holiday in a few days so I might not have a chance later. Maybe I'll try out another Probo team and update a thing or two about my findings (or climb higher).

Bulletproof (Probopass) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Black Blood (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch

Comanche (Kangaskhan) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

My Funeral (Zangoose) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Neverbloom (Gourgeist-Super) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Born For This (Sandslash) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

I had a lot of fun with this team and will probably make a few changes once this month's competition over (involving adding a decent special attacker like lanturn or mesprit).

Probo turns out to work amazingly well with Zangoose. Not only for the slow pivot to activate the toxic orb, but also for luring in slower mons that Zangoose can easily get rid of. Mons like (again) Xatu and others that try to use Probo as setup material get bopped by Zangoose and the damage they took from Volt Switch earlier.

Mons like Quag and Lanturn get lured and can be hit with a toxic. Crippling the first one and forcing the latter to go for a heal bell, allowing for a “somewhat safe" switch.

Probo even makes for a decent defensive backbone next to Gourgeist-super (a mon I never used and actually turned out to be pretty decent in my opinion). Probo can take ice and flying type moves for Gourgeist while he in return tanks Water, Ground and fighting moves. (Gourgeist is mainly a great switch into Quagsire and Lanturn, both of these tend to come in on Probo and force it out).

All things considered, Probo is still a great specially defensive pivot with an amazing mustache and therefore deserves more love in the NU metagame. (especially when it can safely pivot around with the omnipresence of Xatu and Uxie)

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Get a Zebstrika banner

In, will edit with team later. There's a bunch of below 2% usage mons that i enjoy using, don't wanna get locked in just yet.

update: Made a very standard looking team with these limitations, totally defeating the whole point of the challenge. 2 A ranks, 4 B ranks. Combined usage for: 32.80568% You probably want to make it so that there is at least a c rank or below because there's mons like everyone should know how to play with / against but somehow fit in the usage limit, like Barbaracle, lol.

Laddering short term with that standard team, but probably will play with a sideboard team that's actually rogue in the spirit of the game

Last edited:
This looks like incredible fun, I would love the opportunity to take part.

For the Purposes of this I will be using the Alt: Gabriel Dumont

Like Mister Dumont in history I will come to represent a repressed and under represented member of the NU tier, the forgotten cat Purugly.

Team: The Northern Purrfector Rebellion

Leader: Purugly (Louis Riel) 0.27%
Scout: Omanyte (Pitikwahanapiwiyin) 0.08%
Support: Musharna (Honroe Jackson) 3.46%
Assault Leader: Kecleon (Poundmaker) 3.63%
Avenger: Megenium (Big Bear) 0.70%
The Tactician: Poliwrath (Wandering Spirit) 4.47%

Total: 12.61% so far (All values rounded up to second value)

With the times, things change and so does this team. After several skirmishes the final team roster is look like this

Leader: Purugly (Louis Riel) 0.27%
Scout: Omanyte (Pitikwahanapiwiyin) 0.08%
Support: Vileplume (Honroe Jackson) 10.54%
Assault Leader: Kecleon (Poundmaker) 3.63%
Avenger: Raichu (Big Bear) 1.50%
The Tactician: Poliwrath (Wandering Spirit) 4.47%

New Total: 20.49%

Current ELO:

Last edited:
Alt:
Dark Horse: Luxray
Garbodor 10.032%
Sawk 8.252%
Swellow 7.640%
Crustle 3,717%
Gourgeist-XL 0.867%
Luxray 0.461%

Last edited:
Reserved, this seems really cool and I can't wait to start. I haven't built a good team in a while anyways so this will be a good opportunity.

Alt: Let's Go Goat
Dark Horse: Gogoat
Gogoat | 0.44845
Kadabra | 1.81851%
Regirock | 6.67677%
Pawniard | 2.86821%
Pelipper | 1.28893%
Zebstrika | 0.90792%

Last edited:
This is an amazing idea NV, i love the idea of using niche shit and doing well with it xd

Fresh Alt: Tables are Turned
Team Avalugg / Torterra / Poliwrath / Xatu / Flareon / Gourgeist-Small
Usage: 1.31805% / 2.97093% / 4.47033% / 13.39342% / 1.38371% / 0.55384%
sum usage: 24.09028%

I'm down for this shit
Fresh Alt: Basshole
Dark Horse: Basculin
Team
- Basculin - 1.21120%
- Kadabra - 1.81851%
- Garbodor - 10.03168%
- Hariyama - 7.89953%
- Pawniard - 2.86821%
- Haunter - 7.12599%
GRAND TOTAL: 30.95512%

Alt: AV Heatmor
Team Servin' the Heat with Dark Horse Servine
Servine, Pinsir, Garbodor, Rotom, Heatmor, Huntail

Servine - 1.03980%
Pinsir - 4.03040%
Garbodor - 10.03168%
Rotom - 8.54778%
Heatmor - 0.18722%
Huntail - 0.95606%

Alt: Released Kraken
Dark Horse: Octillery

Octillery 0.16%
Samurott 6.68%
Pelipper 1.28%
Regirock 6.67%
Pinsir 4.03%
Leafeon 0.86%
Total 19.68%

Team Simipour.

Simipour @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Disable
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split

Garbodor @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 136 Def / 136 SpD
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 64 HP / 144 Atk / 216 SpA / 84 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Scald
- Bulk Up

Simipour: 1.20970%
Dusclops: 0.92853%
Garbodor: 10.03168%

Jynx: 4.73655%
Lickilicky: 1.20970%
Floatzel: 1.38695%

Total: 19.50311%

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor
Cool i already have a team for this

Alt: lol joke team
Leavanny | 1.51288%
Malamar | 9.60673%
Pawniard | 2.86821%
Regirock | 6.67677%
Servine | 1.03980%
Mismagius | 8.95895%

Total Usage: 30.66334%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)