Neverused Ladder Challenges [Finished, congrats to everyone in HoF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by Zebraiken
Bored of laddering? Looking for a challenge? You've come to the right place! Every week a new theme will be posted, and the team with which you ladder will be centered around the theme. Treecko37 and myself, Starships, will post a theme every wee. Direct any questions about the challenges to either of us.

Every round the theme will vary and your team must be crafted to fit with that theme. For example, if the theme is "Mono-Colour" all of your Pokemon must be a certain colour according to the Pokedex (which can be found through searching Veekun). When posting the theme, we'll give you hints on how to put your team together as well as information you may need to complete the challenge. The title will always reflect the theme and the post number the theme was posted in, so checking there is the best way to make sure of what theme is going on each week.

Fill in the sign up form below, and make sure you use a brand new alt with no previous ladder history. Please be honest when signing up and participating. You will need to sign up each round as you will use a different alt name each time (use only one alt per round), as well as have different experiences. It also makes it easier for us to keep track of your progress if you use a new post. You don't have to sign up for every theme; you may sign up as often or as late as you want, as long as you do your best at completing the challenge for the round. Also don't start laddering until you sign up, please!

Pokemon Showdown! Username:
Current ladder standing:

The Hall of Fame is found in the second post. It includes anyone who has successfully completed the challenge and a screenshot of their achievement. To make it into the Hall of Fame, a Glicko2 ranking of at least 1900 with a provisional less than 100 must be attained. Once you have reached this ranking, you must update your post with a proof of your ranking. Once you have entered the hall of fame, you can keep playing see how high you can go until the time is up. At the end of the round, you can post your team if you'd like, and you're also free to post about your experiences laddering with this team in your sign-up post for that round. Even if you don't enter the Hall of Fame, you can keep everyone updated on your progress throughout the one theme.

Hall of Fame!

Monotype Challenge

Jayde: 1958 +/- 98

CrashinBoomBang: 1913 +/- 83

Tachycardia 1903 +/- 94

FLCL: 1902 +/- 72

Reiky: 1902 +/- 92

TenShinhan: 1900 +/- 79

Random Team Challenge

FLCL: 1940+/-100

Tachycardia: 1919+/-99

Jayde: 1915+/-81

Reiky: 1901+/-81

Cherub Agent+/-: 1900+/-76

Scrabble Challenge

EBeast: 2094+/-93
G___R___U___M___E___S

FLCL: 1988+/-100
R___A___M___B___L___E

Reiky: 1957+/-78
P___A___D___R___E___S

ShuckleKing87: 1955+/-95
T___R___A___M___P___S

Genwunner Challenge
Shuckleking87: 1976+/-91

TalkTakesTime: 1935+/-100

Tachycardia: 1906+/-98

dwibnub: 1905+/-88

Choice Challenge
Tachycardia: 2000+/-100

CBTerrakion: 1979+/-99
Feel free to VM me when you make the Hall of Fame so that I know to look for your post again. Also, congratulations to the users who have already made the HoF!

Theme One: Monotype!

For our first theme for our new ladder challenge, you will be asked to create a monotype team. A monotype team must share one common type among all six Pokemon. For example, you may use Wartortle, Whiscash, and Ludicolo on the same team as they are all Water-types, but you cannot use Tropius, Swellow, and Audino on the same team. There are at least six Pokemon of all of the types available in NU, so you can use any type. Please include your type in your sign-up post!

Once again, to complete this challenge, you must have attained a Glicko2 rating of at least 1900 with your provision under 100. The provisional is the number following the +/- under "Glicko2" in your rank.

This challenge will be over on April 15th, so do your best to finish it before then!

Participants:
Joshua Munoz/JMonotyper
Nozzle
CBTerrakion/no trapping pls
Frizy/teen wet dream
FLCL/fun things are fun
Keiran/ice warmer fitzroy
CrashinBoomBang/Endzeitstimmung
Aza/HiiO
C AllStar/WaterInMySoul
Shuckleking87/Steel the Best Around
Leafshield
Infernis/Psychic Virgil
Reiky/heing up
FireMage/RockMage
Zebraiken/open door policy
Annoyer/Uplifted
TennisAce/FOOKIE BOOKIE
Blue Eon/End of MSN
Audiosurfer/st. vincent
Lolkomori/Africa...Wha?
Raseri/Grasseri
Jayde/neuer3
Cherub Agent/gregorsamsa
Ashley 11/Blueberry Pie
michael209/MikeyMono
Tachycardia/Spailpin Fanach
Tenshinhan/TBR SaSa
Dragonborn
Meeps/speem
celever/Shes my venus
bobbyvaporeon/BobbyVaporeon
TeraVoltage/Tbh Ihu
Honus/KW.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: JMonotyper
Theme: Fighting -> Normal
Current ladder standing: 5-0 1782 ± 160 (provisional)

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Carpet Mono
Theme: Normal
Current ladder standing: n/a

Not enough time for me so I'm pulling out.

Ok cool, I've always wanted a purpose to actually use a monotype.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Tolteca
Theme: Dragon
Current ladder standing: N/A

I was tempted to go with Psychic since I think its probably the best single type in NU at the moment.

However, I also think Dragons are underrated in NU as well, due to their great defensive and offensive typing, meaning that their monotype doesn't have too many glaring holes (Ice maybe, but that's a rare type down here anyway). There are 3 or 4 "A" Dragons in NU (Altaria, Fraxure, Dragonair and maybe Shelgon) and the rest are probably "C"s, but I think that's enough to be successful.

edit: Yeah, no.

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Pokemon Showdown! Username: teen wet dream
Theme: fighting
Current ladder standing:N/A

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Pokemon Showdown! Username: fun things are fun
Type: normal
Current ladder standing:

i did it and i got a better record than cbb even though he haxed me :)

also i did not get swept by sawk or primeape once even though i saw them like 10 times!!!!!!

my team

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Pokemon Showdown! Username: Endzeitstimmung
Type: Flying
Current Ladder Standing:

So after like 2 hours of getting destroyed by Persian, getting told Draco Meteor has 90 accuracy and critting FLCL's weasel to death with Air Slash I'm done.
23-3 is ok with a Monotype team I guess. Still not a fan of the ranking system because 1796 at 23-3 is a joke in all honesty + it's pointless to ladder when I get like 10 points per game.
I did it!!
I won!!

reminder that django sucks

Icy Wind Swanna fucking wrecks

Pokemon Showdown! Username: HiiO
Type: Water
Current ladder standing: 1773 ± 72 (23-7-0)

I doubt I'll finish this, but oh well... Omanyte is cool, it let me set up SR + at least 1 layer of Spikes half of the time.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
playing this just to beat cbb

Pokemon Showdown! Username: is dragon
Type: water
Current Ladder Standing: ~

yeah no people use scarf eelektross this is ridiculous i'm out

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Psu: Steel the Best Around
Type: Steel
nu 1648 74 1776 ± 91 (provisional) 17 5 0
So with 2 losses due to bad internet connection, I would of had the mark... but I choose steel via random number generator. Steel is definitely a viable type to attempt this challenge with, though this team has very difficult trouble with non choiced fighting and fire types. Through this, I've instantly loved calm mind Bronzor and hone claws Metang.

Pokemon Showdown Username: heing up
Type: Normal
Current Ladder Standing:

Done!, i lost three times vs tangela + klang :( 21 battle, 18 wins not bad !

Blackthorn

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
playing this just to beat cbb

Pokemon Showdown! Username: is dragon
Type: water
Current Ladder Standing: ~

yeah no people use scarf eelektross this is ridiculous i'm out
django mad

Pokemon Showdown! Username: RockMage
Type: Rock
Current Ladder Standing: None

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
psu: open door policy
type: water
current ladder standing: abysmal. got lucked a few times, got outplayed a few times. frillish is cool though??

Pokemon Showdown! Username: steeeeel Uplifted
Type: idk fuckit steel lgi fuck steel piece of shit type ill do uh hmmmm GROUND
Current ladder standing: 1871 ± 126 8-1-0

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
username: FOOKIE BOOKIE
type: Normal for now I guess
current ladder standing: fresher than ium's butthole

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Pokemon Showdown! Username: Gratoitu
Type: Dragon
Current ladder standing: I've just started though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)